Who will finish w/ the better record; Bills or Jets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhataMaroon. Show WhataMaroon's posts

Who will finish w/ the better record; Bills or Jets?

I'm leaning toward the Bills.
    I think they'll have the better offense, and they've made significant upgrades on defense recently. Should be interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Who will finish w/ the better record; Bills or Jets?

They both look like 8-8 maybe 9-7 teams to me. With the Bills the more likely team to do better. Their upgrades on D (Williams, Anderson) look great if both can stay on the field. If I were GM of the Bills I'd be concerned about the depth.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the draft for them, if there are any significant upgrades for either team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Funny because I was just having this discussion with a friend (actually about the whole AFC East). And we both agree the Patriots look to be in route to another 13-3, 12-4 type season at worst and the Dolphins are the team that will be bottom feeding at if they are lucky 4-12. I could see them pulling an Indy and 'being bad for Barkley" (ie. suck for Luck). We feel the Bills have likely passed the Jets for 2nd place and we settled on the bills @ 9-7, and the Jets at 7-9.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Bills by 2 wins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

will the Bills scary D line and better offense and how terrible the Sanchise is the fact that the bills have a better stable of RB.  I am going to say that the Bills sweep the Jets.

QB- sanchise, tebow < fitzpatrick (we don't know how good tebow is in the jets)
    RB- Green, Mckinght < Spiller, fred jackson
    WR- santonio holmes < steve johnson, neslon
    TE- D keller              /> chandler
    C- mangold              /> brown
    S- Landry, poole       < Byrd, Wilson
    NT- pouha               < dareus,williams
    LDE- Wilkerson          < mario williams
    RDE- DeVito              < Mark Anderson
    ILB- scott,harris        = sheppard, bernett
    OLB- pace, westerman = johnson,kelsay
    RCB- cromartie          =florence
    LCB- Revis                />williams

3 - 7 -3 looks like the Jets handily get beat based on the position battles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I warned of the Bills 2 years ago when everyone was drooling over Mike Tannenbaum's lunacy as GM.   Fitzpatrick was the key. 

Buffalo now has great depth now on the D Line. I am not sure their Run D is any better, but now they have a greater infusion of talent built because they didn't shoot themselves in the foot like the Jets did.

Switching to a 4-3 also means more consistency. Players like Alex Carrington who was a little exposed in a 3-4 as an expected starter, will be better, for example.  He and Mark Anderson are essentially spot players or subrushers behind Mario Williams and Kelsay. Or, maybe Anderson beats out Kelsay. I think Buffalo overpaid for Williams and Anderson, but that will affect their overall depth, so that's something to watch in 2012 and into 2013.

They need to tune up their OL, LBs and secondary and they're in business, because we know they always have good STs.

Buffalo is clearly above the Jets right now.  The Jets and Miami will battle it out for last place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I think the Bills will finish 2nd in the division with a 9-7 record. Jets will finish third at 8-8. They've had a better offseason, got Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson back. Plus they were a Stevie Johnson catch away from beating the Jets last year and both teams would have been 7-9.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Who will finish w/ the better record; Bills or Jets?:
    [QUOTE]Funny because I was just having this discussion with a friend (actually about the whole AFC East). And we both agree the Patriots look to be in route to another 13-3, 12-4 type season at worst and the Dolphins are the team that will be bottom feeding at if they are lucky 4-12. I could see them pulling an Indy and 'being bad for Barkley" (ie. suck for Luck). We feel the Bills have likely passed the Jets for 2nd place and we settled on the bills @ 9-7, and the Jets at 7-9.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it will be "Go Flat for Matt".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Not so fast on the Bills. The last time they made the playoffs was in 1999 with a 37 year old Doug Flutie at QB. Since then, they have had a winning record only once, 9-7 in 2004 with Drew Bledsoe at QB.

They will have to learn how to win again, which is not an easy thing to do in today's NFL.

Tim Tebow will lead the Jets to the playoffs, lol.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Hard to say until we know more about the Jests QB situation. They seemingly haven't helped their ground game any, and that hurt them in 2011. Perhaps they believe Tebow and their version of the wildcat will help. But if Sanchez struggles early and they hand it over to Tebow they'll be in trouble. Both NE and Buffalo have offenses that can put up a lot of points. Tebow's forte is to keep the game close and win it late. We saw how that came undone in Foxboro. Even if Sanchez keeps the job they may still be in trouble. Their defense isn't what it was a couple years ago, either. I'd probably lean towards the Bills right now. But they have the habit of fading down the stretch. Fitzpatrick will need to be more consistent throughout the season. I can see either team going between 6-10 and 10-6. And even at the latter it will be hard to make the AFC playoffs when there are teams like Baltimore/Pittsburgh and Denver/San Diego battling for two divisions. Even the Bengals may be wild card competition. I can't see either of these teams being a threat to NE for the division, even if (God forbid) Brady was lost for the season again. It will be easier to answer this one this summer when we see more of what the final rosters will be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Either way.. Pats got them by a mile!!!!  GO PATS!!!!