Who will take Faulks place if he's out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Who will take Faulks place if he's out?

who will be our pass catching back now that Faulk may be out? I was thinking Endleman but I'm not too sure on his blocking. It appeared they tried Morris against the Jets once or twice but I dont know if he has any hands.

Who do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: Who will take Faulks place if he's out?

Laurence Maroney would have been nice!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I kinda thought that they were going to try him there. In space he didn't run too bad. oh well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

This is why Woodhead picked up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Woodhead/Edelman in terms of X's and O's but...

The part I'm most concerned with is leadership. The last two years, I've noticed a much more listless Patriots team and Faulk, along with Brady, have been the only ones that try to fire the guys up or pick them up after a bad play or drive.

That's what makes him priceless but like Vrabel, Bruschi, Seymour and Harrison, we'd need to accept this fate sooner or later. Players run their course eventually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

maroney, oh, yeah, ummmm...woodhead

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Who will take Faulks place if he's out?:
    [QUOTE]Laurence Maroney would have been nice!
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

Replace an injured Faulk with an injured Maroney?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

"Evil" might just have it right.....
    Good call....

I'm curious about this kid or what he's all about...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Faulk's primary responsibility is pass blocking, so whoever replaced Faulk needs to be able to pick up rushers first and foremost.  After that, he needs to be able to know when and where to go as an outlet receiver.  And after that, he needs to be able to run draws and other running plays from pass formations.

My guess is Morris will be the guy.  Maroney wasn't a good enough pass blocker to replace Faulk.  Maybe BJGE can do it, but I haven't seen him in that role yet.  Same with Woodhead . . . maybe he can do it, but I haven't seen him play so how would I know.   Taylor might be able to do what Faulk does, but that's not his role on this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

Jarrius James  gets his shot next wek

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]Laurence Maroney would have been nice!
    Posted by rickrand3[/QUOTE]

Yeah, another GREAT BB move. Way to plan ahead on the RB situation with all the aged backs we have.
    Hey! Maybe we can trade next years first round pick to Denver for Maroney!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The obvious choice is.....Me
    Put me in Coach.  I used to be able to throw a football clear over a mountain...if coach had only put me in the big game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Woodhead and Edelman will both get a crash course in pass-blocking.  One of them succeeds, possibly Edelman because he can learn anything quickly.  On the other hand Woodhead has been running out of the Jets' backfield for 18 months now, so let's see if he can pass-block.  They're both tremendous at running through blitzers for a first down on third and long, and they'll both slip out to catch a pass in the flats and then theyll both juke a tackler for YAC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Edelman

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

The big loss - his pass blocking/picking up the blitz.  

In terms of his 3rd down out of the backfield pass recieving/running - Julian E -

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

it will be morris, he's the most logical choice. veteran, good hands, good blocker, and can run ok on draws. problem is that he doesnt have much quickness or wiggle in space. and i agree with the previous poster who said that this is creating another huge hole in terms of leadership.
    the real question will be what happens once morris goes down (which he always does). hopefully woodhead will be brought up to speed by the time that happens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

sorry if i offended you last week artie.  I was way harsh.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Time to eat some humble pie BB, strap-up the helmet and get out there...genius...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Aaron Hernandez

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Deanwrd. Show Deanwrd's posts

Matthew Slater.  His time has come.  This role/position would be perfect for him.  He could even succeed far beyond ours and Faulk's imagination and numbers.  No really ... this is the perfect time for the young Slater to take this role and run with it.  Get it?  OMG I kill me.  Danka, ~D

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]"Evil" might just have it right..... Good call.... I'm curious about this kid or what he's all about...
    Posted by threejak[/QUOTE]Ahhh yeah, Evil is right, Thats why BB picked up Woodhead. THis kid could fit in just like Brady did for Bledsoe

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Faulk has been the Troy Brown of this team since Troy Brown retired and now he is out for the year and we dont have another Troy Brown type on the team so I am going to say NO ONE can replace what he brings to this team. HUGE loss.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I'll second that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Matthew Slater.  His time has come.  This role/position would be perfect for him.  He could even succeed far beyond ours and Faulk's imagination and numbers.  No really ... this is the perfect time for the young Slater to take this role and run with it.  Get it?  OMG I kill me.  Danka, ~D
    Posted by Deanwrd[/QUOTE]

Slater is soft, bring back Buddy Farnham...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

someone will have to step up to the plate like Cassell did, when TB went down.

i suspect Woodhead or javaris james will get the call

Sections
Shortcuts