Who will we see catching the ball vs the Titans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Who will we see catching the ball vs the Titans?

Sure we will see Welker, Lloyd, Gronk, Hernandez and probably Edelman getting some passes thrown their way tomorrow but how about Slater, Salas, Fells and Hoomanawanui?

I think we will see Slater lined up a few times at WR but not so sure about the others.

Do you think we will see Salas, Hoomanawanui or Fells (listed as questionable) or too early for those guys?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Who will we see catching the ball vs the Titans?

I think Salas will grab one or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

probably a lot of welker, gronk and hernandez. Brady will have to get rid of the ball quickly to avoid the sack. lots of short passes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Our Db's, safeties, Lbers. and Big willy Wilfork

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Hernandez gronk Welker ... 5-7 Catches

Woodhead Lloyd 3-5 catches

Salas fells Ridley Bolden Edelman 1-3 catches.

The key being Brady and McDaniels spreading the ball around like the Good Old Days ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I would love to see the running backs catch a few (screen passes or Woodhead) but I am not sure the offensive line is healthy enough to let the running backs run patterns. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

EEEEEEEEEVVVERRRYYYYONNNNNNEEEE!

(Thank you Gary Oldman in "The Professional")

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Of the second group, I think Salas is the most likely... you'll also see (or at least I hope to see) the screen game, to keep the Tenn D honest/ slow down their pass rush... so Ridley and Woody should get some looks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'd think our tightends aren't going to catch a ton of balls; Titans have great safeties, especially Griffen.  The corners are sold and the defensive front is good though not overly big.  In short we have to run a well balanced, confusing game plan.  I think a receiver will get the bulk of catches or Hernandez as a fullback/Hback. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would feel much better if they had a solid 5th receiver they could count on.  If Welker, Lloyd, Gronk or Hernandez goes down I dont see Edelman, Slater, Salas or anyone else stepping up.  Would feel better if a reliable Branch was still on the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

You're right that Branch would provide a more solid 5th option, however this is BB Patriots and if he feels comfortable using Salas, Slater, Edelman or our RB's as a passing option than so be it. What if Salas breaks out and becomes a bigger and stronger Welker type? Although, with our luck with WR's who really knows.

Gronk-8 catches
    Hern-9 catches
    Welker-11 catches
    Lloyd-6 catches
    Others-5 catches

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

I would love to see Wilfork get a couple of ints again this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Vereen is out, so it will be interesting to see how much passing to the backs they do.  I'd hope to see Ridley with at least two or three--though also wouldn't be surprised to see Bolden in with Ridley in two-back sets and I've liked the way he's caught the ball in preseason. 

I suspect the passes will go mostly to Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd, though Salas may be in the mix a bit too. Will be interesting to see what role they have for Edelman and Slater, if any, on offense (both will play on special teams I think).

Very interested to see how the running game goes against the Titans defense which is pretty good.  Also wondering about the O-line holding up in pass blocking.  I do expect Hoomanawanui to be in as a blocker at times to help out the tackles.  Maybe he'll catch something, but I'm expecting a lot of three man pass routes, with two guys (TEs and backs) in blocking to protect the O-line thought they may release as outlet options if the rush isn't overpowering.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No love for Ridley ? 
    I'm hoping for more screens and Ridely coming out from the back field.
    The others you all pretty much nailed it down, I say Ridley with 3 ctaches.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

however this is BB Patriots and if he feels comfortable using Salas, Slater, Edelman or our RB's as a passing option than so be it. 

Well BB also felt comfortable getting rid of Moss and not having a deep threat, the very reason and only reason the Patriots have not won a SB the last few years.  So yes, on the outside I am certainly concerned about his decision concerning receiver depth. 

I am conserned about injury.  Hernandez has been prone to injuries, We seen Gronk injured last year which was a huge problem in the biggest game, I just don't like the lack of depth, especially after they were so loaded in training camp.  Really felt good at the WR position then.  Apparently BB thinks they will still find a way to win, much like he thought when getting rid of Moss.  I didn't like that decision then and I don't like the lack of depth decision now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:

lol :-) absolutely.

Would like to see DMC start the season with 1 or two catches :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

No love for Ridley ? 
    I'm hoping for more screens and Ridely coming out from the back field.
    The others you all pretty much nailed it down, I say Ridley with 3 ctaches.

Just 1catch although liked his rushing yards.