Who will win the AFC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Who will win the AFC?

Again, I think it will be interesting to go on the record with who we think will win the conference this year right now in the middle of the offseason.  I think it will be fun to look back on what we thought at this time come the end of the regular season.

Just as importantly - WHY DID YOU MAKE YOUR PICK?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whoremaster. Show whoremaster's posts

Re: Who will win the AFC?

The three best teams will be colts patriots ravens with the ravens obviously replacing the chargers who will fall to a tier 2 team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Patriots. Because I'm a homer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Who will win the AFC?:
    Posted by KellieMB

Good answer! Me too!

I fail to believe as underdogg does that the playoff game against the Ravens is an indicator of the future. The Pats picked a bad time to play their worst game in ten years. That bad taste will fuel them this season.

I like what the Jets are doing. They are taking the spotlight away from the Patriots. They will be the favorites and NE will be the underdogs again. I see a trip to Arlington, Texas for the Flying Elvises.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Digger - It's not my indicator.  It's the boards.  This board measures success by postseason wins.  I should know because it has been jammed down my throat for years. 

As to their poor play fueling them, what fueled them for not making the playoffs last year yet finishing 11-5?  How will the pats replace Welker for half a season?  If the offensive line is half as bad as Texas Pat says it is (I don't concur) how do you seem them getting better next year?  Who's the leader on defense (which frankly is where I think your problems lie)?

I know there is a lot of time left before the first reg season snap, but as of today, I still see issues with the pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I always go into the new season thinking the Pats will win it all, sorry that's my expectation

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Digger - It's not my indicator.  It's the boards.  This board measures success by postseason wins.  I should know because it has been jammed down my throat for years.
    Fair enough. I brought your name into it. I'll give you the benefit of doubt. Yes, success is measured by postseason wins. Last year was not a success by any means.

As to their poor play fueling them, what fueled them for not making the playoffs last year yet finishing 11-5? 
    The 2008 team that finished 11-5 was a success in my mind. Most years that record gets you in the playoffs. I would have loved to see what that team could have done in the playoffs. There was no poor play to fuel them.

How will the pats replace Welker for half a season? 
    I dunno. I trust it will be resolved.

If the offensive line is half as bad as Texas Pat says it is (I don't concur) how do you seem them getting better next year? 
    I see the offensive line as a problem. I trust it will be resolved as well.

Who's the leader on defense (which frankly is where I think your problems lie)?
    I see the need for leaders as well. The Pats got much younger here. I'm hoping Wilfork and others.

I know there is a lot of time left before the first reg season snap, but as of today, I still see issues with the pats.
    The Pats are a work in progress. Hopefully, the draft will solve some of these issues. I have a lot of faith in the FO of this team.

Posted by underdoggg

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pete4811. Show pete4811's posts

While the Jets are making moves,bolstering their team,the Pats are doing nothing...they dumped there vets,brought in a bunch of saps...have made no moves to improve themselves this off-season yet,and they will flop again with there shitty draft picking...BB & CO. are getting lazy and weak, 
    No leadership...no fight anymore...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Digger nothing wrong with having faith.  That is some of what being a fan is, but I apparently identified issues that you see as well for your team with no current answer to any of them. 

Yes, as I said there is time, BUT Belichick has demonstrated he is not a lover of Rooks so the draft (even with all those picks) does not appear to be the answer.  So what is?

As for the Jets - they beat the pats last year.  Took advantage of their gifts and then went on to beat 2 playoff opponents on the road.  Were they a stellar team, not by any means, BUT they appear to know that and that knowledge might have something to do with the deals they have done in this offseason. 

Now, since I am a colts fan, you might ask, well what have the colts done this offseason and that would be a legitimate question except that the colts are "an old regime" run by the same group that has been around for years and their personnel and season success has never been predicated on the free agent market.  What others may see as weaknesses for the colts (and they may be) very well may be solidified by another year in the system for a former second or third stringer.

Just my feelings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

The best team in the AFC as of right now has to be the Colts.  The Ravens however have made some serious moves and should be a contender.

Now for the Jets, despite the fact that most poster don't want to hear it, the Pats only won the AFC east with a 10-6 record vs. the Jets 9-7 with a rookie QB.  The Jets have gone "all in" this past offseason and are a very good young team, the talent they have added certainly makes them better than last season.  Sanchez has one year under his belt and after a very raw rookie season, he should only improve.  The Pats have only re-signed their own players, and no one can argue that they looked pretty beat up at the end of the season.    If the draft is the only avenue the Pats plan on using to improve their roster, than I'm going with:

Colt at #1
    Jets at #2
    Ravens at #3
    San Diego at #4
    and the Pats as a very weak #5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

BB - I don't know where the Jets will fall, but they will contend.  As for going "all in", I don't know about that.  You have identified them as young talented team.  "All in", to me, is terminal failure or wild success, and I've got the Jets pegged as a team of the future whether or not this year works out.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

You list the chiefs? the chiefs? Where are the Texans? As long as you are there, why leave out the Browns and the Raiders?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

The best team in the AFC as of right now has to be the Colts.  The Ravens however have made some serious moves and should be a contender. Now for the Jets, despite the fact that most poster don't want to hear it, the Pats only won the AFC east with a 10-6 record vs. the Jets 9-7 with a rookie QB.  The Jets have gone "all in" this past offseason and are a very good young team, the talent they have added certainly makes them better than last season.  Sanchez has one year under his belt and after a very raw rookie season, he should only improve.  The Pats have only re-signed their own players, and no one can argue that they looked pretty beat up at the end of the season.    If the draft is the only avenue the Pats plan on using to improve their roster, than I'm going with: Colt at #1 Jets at #2 Ravens at #3 San Diego at #4 and the Pats as a very weak #5
    Posted by BBRULES23

#1 Colts
    #2 Patriots
    #3 Bengals
    #4 Jets
    #5 Chargers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Who will win the AFC? : #1 Colts #2 Patriots #3 Bengals #4 Jets #5 Chargers
    Posted by pats3392

Have we already forgotten the a** kicking the Pats got at the hands of the Ravens in foxboro already?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Patriots in a walk. 

Great offense.  Great quarterback, great receivers.  Welker is up already.  Great coach. 

I see a big wave of draft picks getting better from year one to year two, some picks better than others as always.  Note that not one of the twelve 2009 picks has left the Patriots yet.  Most teams don't even get 12 picks.  The four second rounders are reasonable picks, with Vollmer on top heading for all-pro while Brace on the bottom gets the "serviceable" label, so that evened out.  The real gold was in the sixth and seventh rounds, where players in the NFL traditionally have a 10% chance of starting.  Edelman is in.  Myron Pryor is rotating in.  The new long snapper is also starting.

Here come twelve more Patriot picks for 2010.  It's not a draft, it's a parade. 

The defense isn't great now, but here come an amazing number of hole pluggers.  You name it, the holes are either getting filled with real players now, or the hole will be plugged in a week.

The Jets had 3 picks in 2009 and they get 6 in 2010.  They're not getting better, they're getting older.  Also drunker and more out of control with signings of problem players.

The Colts have been holding things together in their minor market with sticky tape and with Peyton's arm for years.  With no salary cap, I say the Colts close their checkbook this year.

A few years ago, San Diego made some tremendous draft trade-downs that brought in lots of real players that could play.  They've been messing up lately, trading a second rounder to the Patriots for a third-rounder that apparently hasn't worked out too well.  It's hard to grow better without draft choices.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

SD will win SB XLV in Dallas on FEB 6th, 2011.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Posted by KellieMB

Ditto!

Sections
Shortcuts