Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

AFC East
    1.Patriots
    2.Bills
    3.Dolphins
    4.Jets

AFC West
    1.KC
    2.Denver
    3.Oakland Raiders
    4.Chargers (s uck on that Jbolt LoL)

AFC South
    1.Titans
    2.Texans
    3.Colts
    4.Jags

AFC North
    1.Steelers
    2.Ravens
    3.Cincy
    4.The Browns

NFC North
    1. Vikings
    2. Green Bay
    3. DA Bears
    4. The Lions

NFC East
    1. The Eagles
    2. The Redskins
    3. The Giants
    4. The Cowboys

NFC South
    1. The Saints
    2. The Falcons
    3. The Panthers
    4. The Bucs

NFC West
    1. The Cards
    2. 49ers
    3. The Seahawks
    4. The Rams

What do you guys think? If we all make our choices now we can look back at this thread later and see who came the closest to being right. I took a few long shots that I think could really pay off so who do you guys see winning their Divs this season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

afc east-Pats
    afc west- Chargers
    afc south- Texans
    afc north- Steelers

nfc north- Vikings
    nfc east - Giants
    nfc south- Falcons
    nfc west - Cardinals

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You think the Falcons will be the first team to win the nfc south two years in a row? Or did the Panthers win the south last year I cant remember?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

These are my pre-season favorites:Patriots,Chargers,Texans,Steelers. NFC:Bears,Eagles,Falcons,fortywhiners..I do exercise the right to change these picks upon the opening of the regular season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

AFC
    1 Pats
    2 Steelers
    3 Chargers
    4 Colts
    WC Titans
    WC Dolphins

NFC
    1 Giants
    2 Falcons
    3 Bears
    4 Cards
    WC Eagles
    WC Vikings

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont think teh Bears will mak ethe playoffs. Bringing Cutler wont save that team, the Bears is where offensive players go to die.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

AFC East: Pats
    AFC North: Steelers
    AFC South: Texans
    AFC West: Chargers

AFC Wild Card 1: Colts
    AFC Wild Card 2: Titans

NFC East: Eagles
    NFC North: Packers
    NFC South: Falcons
    NFC West: Cardinals

NFC Wild Card 1: Vikings
    NFC Wild Card 2: Giants

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Killa, the panthers won their division last year, I just feel Ryan and company are going make another step up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsey93-. Show bigsey93-'s posts

New to the site...whats up guys.

I guess I'll take a shot at this so here goes:

AFC East-Patriots
    AFC North-Steelers
    AFC South-Titans
    AFC West-Chargers

NFC East-Eagles
    NFC North-Vikings
    NFC South-Saints
    NFC West-Cards

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!:
    [QUOTE]I dont think teh Bears will mak ethe playoffs. Bringing Cutler wont save that team, the Bears is where offensive players go to die.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I understand where you're coming from on this but I really think the Vikings are going to fall off slightly this year.  To me going after Favre isn't a positive statement to the team.

I factored in that Cutler should be able to keep the team of the field longer and generally help the psyche of the defense.  Just a thought though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : I understand where you're coming from on this but I really think the Vikings are going to fall off slightly this year.  To me going after Favre isn't a positive statement to the team. I factored in that Cutler should be able to keep the team of the field longer and generally help the psyche of the defense.  Just a thought though.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione[/QUOTE]

For the NFC North I think a player like Favre will actually hurt the Vikings some and not help, they'll make it to the playoffs in spite of him. I think the Bears will be in the hunt but just miss the playoffs. I put the Packers as the top team I really like their offense running Grant, and with Jennings, Driver, and healthy James Jones at WR. If there offensive line can hold up, and Rodgers puts up another year like last year they'll score a lot of points. Defense they got hit hard by injuries a lot last year. If they are healthier they'll improve on defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think with a running game like the Vikings have it would be hard for Farve to ruin anything for them. With AP running teh rock he wont have to win games by himself I think te Viking will be a top team this year with Farve at the helm.

I think Cutler will have a sub par season and people wil complain about how much time he spends at the night clubs. The bears football team is a where offensive players go to die.

Bigsey welcome to the forum big guy, I like you picks but you didnt really put yoruself out theer at all, you made some really safe picks. I for one really think the Texans are going to light up the AFC south this year. That D line is too good to keep finishing 8-8 and if they do its time for a coaching change in Houston.

Harley I thought they won the div, in that case good pick I also like teh Falcons this year, they are a wild card team i think. I still say the saints will win that div this year. Some people have said teh Reggie Bush is primed for a break out season. But I would be much happier with the Falcons winning the div. I really wish that the Pats could some how get their hands on Steve Smith of the Panthers, man he is good and with Brady he would be too good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Could you imagine TB throwing to Moss on one side and Smith on the other and Welker across the middle...un-stop-a-bull

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

For those of you who do not care much for the media, you sure seem to be listening where the AFC South is concerned.  Do you really believe (really - in your core - believe) that the Houston Texans are going to win the division. 

While I harbor many concerns about the colts this year, here is what I know:

QB is back
    WR - are good (and possibly better because the colts will not have to play Harrison as a simple decoy).  We actually may get some valuable production out of that position. 
    RB - better. 
    O-line - with injuries resolved and rooks who played last year having a full year under their belt, better. 

D-line - interior should be as good as they have had in years.  Ends - some of the best in the league. 
    LB's - Definitely some questions
    DB's - one of the better units in the league. 

Coaching - This team has enough of a veteran presence in every area that I do not anticipate an issue.  In fact, I am looking forward to our new d coord. 

With all of the concerns I have about the colts this year, when someone suggests that the Texans are the new BMOC, I actually gain confidence. 

Finally, quit telling me you don't listen to the pundits, because the Texans are exactly a sexy pundit pick. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

CHARGERS 12-4
    PATS 11-5
    STEELERS 11-5
    TITANS 10-6

REDSKINS 10-6
    VIKINGS 9-7
    49ERS 10-6
    FALCONS 11-5

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

gee I am shocked Jbolt picke dteh Chargers to have the best record in the NFL next year lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Here's my full league picks.

AFC East
    1. Pats
    2. Dolphins
    3. Bills
    4. Jets

AFC North
    1. Steelers
    2. Ravens
    3. Bengals
    4. Browns

AFC South
    1. Texans
    2. Colts
    3. Titans
    4. Jags

AFC West
    1. Chargers
    2. Chiefs
    3. Broncos
    4. Raiders

NFC East
    1. Eagles
    2. Giants
    3. Cowboys
    4. Redskins

NFC North
    1. Packers
    2. Vikings
    3. Bears
    4. Lions

NFC South
    1. Falcons
    2. Saints
    3. Panthers
    4. Bucs

NFC West
    1. Arizona
    2. Seattle
    3. San Francisco
    4. St. Louis

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

AFC:
    East: 1. Patriots, 2. Dolphins, 3. Jests, 4. Bills
    North: 1. Steelers, 2. Ravens, 3. Bengals, 4. Browns
    South: 1. Colts, 2. Titans, 3. Texans, 4. Jaguars
    West: 1. Chargers, 2. Broncos, 3. Chiefs, 4. Raiders

NFC:
    East: 1. Eagles, 2. Giants, 3. Redskins, 4. Cowboys
    North: 1. Packers, 2. Vikings, 3. Bears, 4. Lions
    South: 1. Falcons, 2. Saints, 3. Panthers, 4. Bucs
    West: 1. Seahawks, 2. Cardinals, 3. 49ers, 4. Rams

In the AFC I see the Titans getting the #5 seed, and any of the other second place teams could grab #6. I think it will be a tight race in the south, and some tiebreakers may be involved.

In the NFC I see the Vikings and Giants getting the wild card spots. Although if Eli can't get on the same page as his WRs, it could be the Skins coming in behind the Eagles.

In the AFC I see NE and Pittsburgh getting the bye week, in the NFC the Eagles and Falcons.

To make a wild (anything at this time of the year is "wild") guess at the matchup for Super Bowl 44, I can see a repeat of 39. With Randy Moss burning Asante for the winning TD in the 4th quarter!

This thread is kind of foolish, but I suppose we'll have to guess without considering what injuries may occur. I could see injuries totally flipping the NFC East, where the teams are all pretty close to being contenders. I can also see the Broncos supplanting the Chargers, but only if their defensive additions all are productive, Marshall stays, and Merriman fails to return to his pre-injury level of play. I know that's a lot of "disclaimers", but it is only July! Another team I'd like to say will drop are the Colts (due to the massive coaching changes), but history suggests they'll gut it out and have success...at least in the regular season!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Bub I agree its early to post such a thread but i was bored man! cut me some slack! lol we all did our AFC East predictions weeks ago so i thought i would take it one step further. Plus people keep complaining about the length of the non football thread so i thought i would try and start a football thread and see if i have the same kind of luck....which we all know wont happen lol

I dont like making my super bowl picks so early i will leave that for homers like Jbolt who does it every year before his team even hits training camp.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Underdogg I like the Titans to win the div and I think the Texans are either 2nd in teh div or 3rd depending on how the colts do. I personally think this is the year teh Colts fall off so thats why i picked the way I did because i think this year your team wont be the best in that div. The Titans running game will rip you to shreds and I really like how that Texans defense is looking right now. But If Matt Shaub cant stay healthy its all for not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

-- "Plus people keep complaining about the length of the non football thread . . . " --

I resent being referred to as "people."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

pats- 13-3
    colts-11-5
    steelers-12-4
    chargers-11-5

redskins-11-5
    seahawks-10-6
    vikings-12-4
    saints-12-4

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scoops39. Show Scoops39's posts

Well, I too am new but i did my predictions by schedules, game by game, but heres my AFC bc right now i dont feel like doing the NFC

NE - 12-4
    NYJ - 10-6
    MIA - 7-9
    BUF - 6-10
    -------
    PIT - 10-6
    BAL - 14-2
    CIN - 4-12
    CLE - 4-12
    ------
    KC - 9-7
    DEN - 6-10
    OAK - 6-10
    SD - 8-8
    -----
    HOU - 10-6
    IND - 9-7
    TEN - 9-7
    JAX - 7-9

(There in the order of what i thought standings would be before i did the game by game)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - I have no problem with you picking the titans first, especially given their year last year. 

I may disagree, but I understand the logic.  My comments are to those picking the Texans to win the division. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

My pick for the Texans at first place is there offense is very good. Steve Slaton as a rookie ran for over 1250 yards, they have one of the best receivers currently in the game in Andre Johnson (could be best in your conference), then add in Walter and Daniel who both got over 800 receiving yards last year. Offensive line has improved, and Matt Schaub has showing himself to be a very good QB. So offensively they have very good balance, something that Indy and Tennessee can't say at this point in time.

I really like the youth on defense, Mario Williams, DeMarco Ryans, Duanta Robinson. See if Brian Cushing and/or Connor Barwin can help add to that front 7.
    I think the Texans, Colts, and Titans have strengths and weaknesses on defense, with the Titans still being the strongest D of the 3.

IMO I just see them as a team that will continue to improve and they'll take a step up, while I think the Colts are on a start of a decline, as will the Titans.

I make my predictions going through all the games. Still I have all three teams making the playoffs and I think the Texans will win a tiebreaker over the Colts. Texans and Colts 10-6, Titans 9-7.

Sections
Shortcuts