Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

AFC East- Pats
    AFC West- Chargers
    AFC North - Steelers (weaker schedule)
    AFC South - Colts and I really don`t know why people pick the Texans; Has Schaub done anything, yet É
    NFC East- Giants-- D Line will be better; some one will step up to replace Plax.
    NFC West-- Cards-- everyone talks about loss of Pioli and Mc Daniels; seldom does anyone around here talk about Cards coaching losses.
    NFC North-- Vikings.....Cutler has no one (Hester excepted) to throw to yet.
    NFC South-- Falcons-- acquiring Gonzalez for a young Ryan is smart, even if it is only short term. Dimtroff did axe alot of vets so it could also be the Saints.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

pats     texans   baltimore chargers

philly    bears     cards   atl

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!:
    [QUOTE]Tas - I have no problem with you picking the titans first, especially given their year last year.  I may disagree, but I understand the logic.  My comments are to those picking the Texans to win the division. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

UD, I'd have to agree with you. the Texans will not win that division.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I too am new but i did my predictions by schedules, game by game, but heres my AFC bc right now i dont feel like doing the NFC NE - 12-4 NYJ - 10-6 MIA - 7-9 BUF - 6-10 ------- PIT - 10-6 BAL - 14-2 CIN - 4-12 CLE - 4-12 ------ KC - 9-7 DEN - 6-10 OAK - 6-10 SD - 8-8 ----- HOU - 10-6 IND - 9-7 TEN - 9-7 JAX - 7-9 (There in the order of what i thought standings would be before i did the game by game)
    Posted by Scoops39[/QUOTE]

I don't see how you can have the Jests winning 10 games with a rookie at QB, and nobody really to throw to. I don't see them going 4-12 like some posters, but 10-6 is a big stretch, IMO. Also cannot see the Ravens getting 14 wins. For one thing, they lost too much on defense, including Rex Ryan. Mason retired, so that will hurt Flacco, and they still have not been able to beat the Steelers, and that is two games alone. If Cassel can lead the Chiefs to nine wins he's a miracle worker. That's not a knock on him, just unless their defense does a total 180 he'd have to average 40 points a game to do it! And even though I'd love to see it, I cannot see the Colts going 9-7, unless they have a lot of injuries and probably Peyton missing some games. The losses in the coaching staff will hurt, but they always seem to eek out wins in the regular season (any close ones could be handed to them by the refs). I do agree the AFC South will be a tight race, though. The Chargers going 8-8 again can only happen (IMO) if Merriman is not the player he was pre-injury. Even with Tomlinson at less than 100% their offense is very good. If Merriman is even 80% the defense will be able to keep them in enough games to post 10 wins at least. I'm also unsure of the Steelers. Truly, they slacked off after their last title, but I believe Tomlin can keep them more focused than Cowher did...as long as Ben keeps his bike in the garage!

Afterthought:
    Add to Ben and his bike Santonio Holmes staying out of jail!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

AFC:
    East: 1. Patriots, 2. Dolphins, 3. Bills, 4. Jets
    North: 1. Steelers, 2. Ravens, 3. Browns, 4. Bengals
    South: 1. Colts, 2. Titans, 3. Texans, 4. Jaguars
    West: 1. Chargers, 2. Broncos, 3. Chiefs, 4. Raiders

NFC:
    East: 1. Giants, 2. Eagles, 3. Cowboys, 4. Skins
    North: 1. Bears, 2. Vikings, 3. Packers, 4. Lions
    South: 1. Panthers, 2. Falcons, 3. Saints, 4. Bucs
    West: 1. Cardinals, 2. Seahawks, 3. 49ers, 4. Rams

Teams in bold denote playoff teams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

In Response to Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!:
    [QUOTE]AFC East 1.Patriots 2.Bills 3.Dolphins 4.Jets AFC West 1.KC 2.Denver 3.Oakland Raiders 4.Chargers (s uck on that Jbolt LoL) AFC South 1.Titans 2.Texans 3.Colts 4.Jags AFC North 1.Steelers 2.Ravens 3.Cincy 4.The Browns NFC North 1. Vikings 2. Green Bay 3. DA Bears 4. The Lions NFC East 1. The Eagles 2. The Redskins 3. The Giants 4. The Cowboys NFC South 1. The Saints 2. The Falcons 3. The Panthers 4. The Bucs NFC West 1. The Cards 2. 49ers 3. The Seahawks 4. The Rams What do you guys think? If we all make our choices now we can look back at this thread later and see who came the closest to being right. I took a few long shots that I think could really pay off so who do you guys see winning their Divs this season?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

AFC East - Patriots                          NFC East - Eagles
    AFC North - Ravens                         NFC North - Bears
    AFC South - Titans                          NFC South - Saints
    AFC West - Chargers                       NFC West - 49ers

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Texans were very close to beating the Colts last year until that back up QB gave you the game so its not a stretch to assume they could pull it off this year. I dont think they will win teh div but i dont see them making teh playoffs and I dont see teh Colts running the show in the AFC south anymore. The compatition is just too high in that div for teh colts to dominate like in years past.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

puhlease - the colts were virtually a second string team last year and still beat the texans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

I'll give you one quick prediction, The Chiefs win the AFC West

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

love it so cal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]puhlease - the colts were virtually a second string team last year and still beat the texans.

Guess the Texans were too since they had Rosenfehls instead of Schaub for both games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jshinny. Show jshinny's posts

AFC

East: NE (Brady is back with what should be more production from the TE position and what should be an improved D)

South: Colts (they're not going anywhere as long as Manning and co. are still there.  The Titans will feel the sting of Haynesworth moving on.  The Texans though improved will prove that they are still the Texans)

North: Baltimore (a better offense than most people know)

West:  Who the hell knows, even the Raiders have a shot in this dreadful division

NFC

East:(Probably the best division in the NFL)Philly

South: Carolina is still the team to beat (Atlanta hasn't put together consecutive winning seasons since their entrance into the league. With a more competetive schedule and possible John Abraham issues on an already bad defense the talented Falcons could possibly struggle.  That being said, Carolina is in need of a QB.  Keep in mind that this division has the NFC and AFC East on their schedule this year.

North: GB (Favre to the Vikes is not a good thing for our friends in the land of 10,000 lakes)

West: Again It's like having to choose between Bobby Brown, Britney Spears, Joan Crawford and Coutney Love to babysit the kids while the wife and I enjoy an evening out.   Whatever choice I make probably isn't going to turn out well so I'll opt to stay home and rent a movie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

wizjag - I guess that is the typical pat excuse for not making the playoffs.  QB goes down so everyone else is second string.  I understand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]wizjag - I guess that is the typical pat excuse for not making the playoffs.  QB goes down so everyone else is second string.  I understand.

udogg, no excuses for anyone including my Pats. We lost out because we failed to execute a few plays. That's the difference from being in the playoffs and the outside looking in. The fact is that in your games you're claiming your Colts where hurt and injured, but in fact so were the Texans. So your reasoning that the Colts are always hurt and everyone is playing at full strength has no merit. Personally I hope that both Brady and Manning this year stay healthy. I like it when we play teams at full strength, no excuses. Would be sort of a hollow win if it was us going up against a Jim Sorgi lead Colts team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Good ol' underdogg . . .

It's no wonder his screen persona references a dog, he's so reliable.

When your guys are hurt, injuries are part of the NFL and every team has to deal with them.

When his guys are hurt, it's a perfectly reasonable excuse for slackery.

Keep up the good work, boy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]wizjag - I guess that is the typical pat excuse for not making the playoffs.  QB goes down so everyone else is second string.  I understand.

Let's see...there was also Rodney Harrison, Adalius Thomas, Lawrence Maroney, and I could list more. Let's see how your Colts would do with Sorgi leading the team! Not only would they miss the playoffs, they'd probably do no better than 7-9 (and that's being generous)! You love to twist the facts around, but you are fooling nobody here. Even with all the injuries the Patriots sustained last season...including the reigning league MVP on IR from week one...they went 11-5 and only missed the playoffs (and the division title) by a tiebreaker. You shouldn't be worrying about who will win the AFC East anyway! I'd think you'd have enough concerns in your own division, especially after losing half your coaching staff...and with Peyton already "pouting" months before the season even starts!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!:
    [QUOTE]AFC East 1.Patriots 2.Bills 3.Dolphins 4.Jets AFC West 1.KC 2.Denver 3.Oakland Raiders 4.Chargers (s uck on that Jbolt LoL) AFC South 1.Titans 2.Texans 3.Colts 4.Jags AFC North 1.Steelers 2.Ravens 3.Cincy 4.The Browns NFC North 1. Vikings 2. Green Bay 3. DA Bears 4. The Lions NFC East 1. The Eagles 2. The Redskins 3. The Giants (should finish a close second with the defensive talent they added they will be very tough)4. The Cowboys NFC South 1. The Saints 2. The Falcons 3. The Panthers 4. The Bucs NFC West 1. The Cards 2. 49ers 3. The Seahawks 4. The Rams What do you guys think? If we all make our choices now we can look back at this thread later and see who came the closest to being right. I took a few long shots that I think could really pay off so who do you guys see winning their Divs this season?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

my apology if I did not make myself clear.  If you guys were hurt/sick when the colts beat you.  Tough sit.  Maybe the pats were the better team, but not that day and that is all that matters. 

So the same does go when Jbolt throws the chargers last 2 wins in my face.  I may think the colts were better - last year they were injured badly.  the year before kenton keith drops a dump pass at the 5 only to have it land on the belly of a charger lb.  Whatever.  At the end of the game, chargers won.  s ucks for me. 

bub- the colts qb plays after his two knee surgeries.Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

bub - more on your post - the only injury that mattered was Thomas.  Maroney has not yet proven to be reliable even when healthy.  Harrison was done 2 years ago. 

as for their record, they had (IMO) the easiest first place schedule in the NFL + the afc west and nfc west.  11-5 even with cassell does not surprise me. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]my apology if I did not make myself clear.  If you guys were hurt/sick when the colts beat you.  Tough sit.  Maybe the pats were the better team, but not that day and that is all that matters.  So the same does go when Jbolt throws the chargers last 2 wins in my face.  I may think the colts were better - last year they were injured badly.  the year before kenton keith drops a dump pass at the 5 only to have it land on the belly of a charger lb.  Whatever.  At the end of the game, chargers won.  s ucks for me.  bub- the colts qb plays after his two knee surgeries.

Last time I checked the Colts and Kenton Keith were human and of this planet. Hey mistakes and injuries happen. Plus what injuries did the Colts have in last year's playoff game. I can think of Marlin Jackson. Not sure who else, and btw the Chargers were just as injured so I don't by your injury excuse.

Also why don't you throw in your predictions? I'd like to see what your opinion on next year is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

AFC West
    1.Chargers

AFC South
    1.Jags

AFC North
    1.Steelers

NFC North
    1.Bears

NFC East
    1. The Eagles

NFC South
    1.The Falcons

NFC West
    1. The Cards

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE] the colts qb plays after his two knee surgeries.

He had an infected bursa sac which they removed. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that Peyton could still play without his sac. He never needed it anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

AFC East

Patriots
    Dolphins
    Bills
    Jets

AFC South

Titans
    Jags*
    Colts
    Texans

AFC North

Steelers
    Ravens*
    Browns
    Bengals

AFC West

Chiefs
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Raiders

NFC East

Eagles
    Giants*
    Redskins*
    Cowboys

NFC North

Packers
    Vikings
    Bears
    Tigers (sic)

NFC South

Falcons
    Saints
    Panthers
    Bucs

NFC West

Cardinals
    49'ers
    Seahawks
    Rams

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : He had an infected bursa sac which they removed. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that Peyton could still play without his sac. He never needed it anyway.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

He hasn't needed his sack since his Knoxville days....otherwise what would he use to slap his trainers in the face with!!!