Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : He had an infected bursa sac which they removed. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that Peyton could still play without his sac. He never needed it anyway.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I don't usually fall off the couch laughing this early in the morning.

Thanx.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]AFC West 1.Chargers AFC South 1.Jags AFC North 1.Steelers NFC North 1.Bears NFC East 1. The Eagles NFC South 1.The Falcons NFC West 1. The Cards
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I'm a little tired this morning but I think you forgot a division.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

AFC

East: New England Patriots
    West: San Diego Chargers
    North: Pittsburgh Steelers
    South: Tennessee Titans
    Wild Card (Seed 5) Baltimore Ravens
    Wild Card (Seed 6) Houston Texans

NFC

East: New York Giants
    West: Arizona Cardinals
    North: Chicago Bears
    South: Atlanta Falcons
    Wild Card (Seed 5) Philadelphia Eagles
    Wild Card (Seed 6) Green Bay Packers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : I'm a little tired this morning but I think you forgot a division.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

I am certain that was intentional, East=Pats obviously

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Obviously oblivious......on my part,,,,lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I don't know why anyone would rank the Jags 2nd or 1st in the AFC South when the Pats have their 2nd rounder. I, for one, am routing for them to have a Lionesque season (3-13, 1-15, 0-16). Realistically a 6-10/7-9 season is possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFan1979. Show PatsFan1979's posts

AFC East- Patriots
    AFC North - Steelers
    AFC South - Titans
    AFC West - Chargers (man, that division is horrible)
    NFC East - Eagles
    NFC North- Vikings
    NFC South - Falcons
    NFC West - Cardinals
    Wild Cards - Texans, Colts, Panthers, Bears

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know why anyone would rank the Jags 2nd or 1st in the AFC South when the Pats have their 2nd rounder. I, for one, am routing for them to have a Lionesque season (3-13, 1-15, 0-16). Realistically a 6-10/7-9 season is possible.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Umm, because the question was not how we want things to turn out, but how we thought things would turn out. 

I also have it from a very good source that the NFL does not use these pre-season fan board polls to affect any of the divisional outcomes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : I'm a little tired this morning but I think you forgot a division.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Sorry I thought the AFC East was a given...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Root how about a little of your unique insight into why you think the jags will finish second.  What about them causes your prediction while most others see them as last in the div?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Root how about a little of your unique insight into why you think the jags will finish second.  What about them causes your prediction while most others see them as last in the div?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I don't follow the crowd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

good just wanted to make sure you were full of it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Oh, Moaning Colts Fan

[QUOTE]good just wanted to make sure you were full of it. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Oh, sowwy widdle Colts fan. You got the answer reserved for those who don't have the ballz to ask what they mean.

"Why, oh, why do you think the Jags will be better than my Coltsies? Who could ever think such a thing?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

And here again is Root displaying the pile she so enjoys wallowing in.  Please correct my grammer. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Well, I would have been SHOCKED if most of y'all didn't place the Colts as 2nd or 3rd in the South.  It's always a tempting thing to do when there's a team you really don't like - make as insulting a prediction as you can.  We're all bisased, I s'pose.  For example, I can't for the life of me figure out why the national media has fallen for the Patriots as a SB favorite (much less a division favorite).  After all, the only reason for optimism in NE is the return of Brady, and he's coming off major reconstructive knee surgery and has had only one dominating season in nine years of NFL football!  So, in keeping with the spirit of the site, here's my predictions:

AFC East: Miami
    AFC North: Pittsburgh
    AFC South: Indy, of course!
    AFC West: SD

NFC East: NYG
    NFC North: Chicago
    NFC South: Atlanta
    NFC West: SF

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mackotack1224. Show Mackotack1224's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I would have been SHOCKED if most of y'all didn't place the Colts as 2nd or 3rd in the South.  It's always a tempting thing to do when there's a team you really don't like - make as insulting a prediction as you can.  We're all bisased, I s'pose.  For example, I can't for the life of me figure out why the national media has fallen for the Patriots as a SB favorite (much less a division favorite).  After all, the only reason for optimism in NE is the return of Brady, and he's coming off major reconstructive knee surgery and has had only one dominating season in nine years of NFL football!  So, in keeping with the spirit of the site, here's my predictions: AFC East: Miami AFC North: Pittsburgh AFC South: Indy, of course! AFC West: SD NFC East: NYG NFC North: Chicago NFC South: Atlanta NFC West: SF
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Speaking of being tempted to pick against a team you hate, it appears you picked the Dolphins over the Patriots... well, whether you're doing it out of your frustration with the Pats being perennial contenders or you're simply naive - the fins were a one-hit wonder last year, the wildcat will be ineffective and despite Pennington’s efforts, they’re a 2nd place, possible wildcard team at best

AFC EAST: Pats
    AFC South: Colts
    AFC West: Chargers
    AFC North: Pittsburgh

NFC East: Eagles
    NFC West: 49ers
    NFC South: Falcons
    NFC North: Bears

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Mack -

But to Jules' point, he does have a historical reference for his pick.  Now I tend to agree with you but you must see the legitimacy in his reasoning. 

That said, I think Jules was defending my questions about those who picked either Houston or Jacksonville ahead of Indy. 

Houston is the pundit's "sexy stretch" for this year.  Yes, Houston is getting better.  Yes they've played the colts well, but by and large they have demonstrated an inability to get over the hump.  Maybe this year will be the year, but there is no historical basis upon which to make this pick. 

Jacksonville, showed a real drop off last year from previous years, so the question is what has changed to somehow make them better than the worst team in the division.  I don't see much.

Now its true that the colts have had a great deal of coaching change over this off-season and certainly you can suggest that they are vulnerable if for no other reason than this.  But, I maintain that the HC position is basically a smooth baton pass.  The OC and O-line coach will be available for help.  The DC change is positive and ST change is also positive. 

I don't see either of these teams making that leap over the colts this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : Speaking of being tempted to pick against a team you hate, it appears you picked the Dolphins over the Patriots... well, whether you're doing it out of your frustration with the Pats being perennial contenders or you're simply naive - the fins were a one-hit wonder last year, the wildcat will be ineffective and despite Pennington’s efforts, they’re a 2 nd place, possible wildcard team at best AFC EAST: Pats AFC South: Colts AFC West: Chargers AFC North: Pittsburgh NFC East: Eagles NFC West: 49ers NFC South: Falcons NFC North: Bears
    Posted by Mackotack1224[/QUOTE]

I thought I made myself clear when I prefaced my picks with "...in the spririt of the site".  In reality, I consider Miami and NE to be in a virtual dead heat for the division, and I also consider Tennessee and Indy to be in a virtual dead heat.  Let's face it though, it's not "naive" to think the Dolphins might be a better team than the Pats.  They won the division last year, and the Pats are relying upon theoretical improvement to support the notion that they're back to their division-winning ways.  More specifically, you have to count on Brady being a major upgrade over Cassell.  Many forget, but Cassell played reasonably well last year.  It remains to be seen whether Brady can return from major reconstructive knee surgery to have a better season than Cassell had last year.  Did you know that Brady's only had a better passer rating than Cassel did last year in three of his nine seasons?  And in only one of his last three? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mackotack1224. Show Mackotack1224's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : I thought I made myself clear when I prefaced my picks with "...in the spririt of the site".  In reality, I consider Miami and NE to be in a virtual dead heat for the division, and I also consider Tennessee and Indy to be in a virtual dead heat.  Let's face it though, it's not "naive" to think the Dolphins might be a better team than the Pats.  They won the division last year, and the Pats are relying upon theoretical improvement to support the notion that they're back to their division-winning ways.  More specifically, you have to count on Brady being a major upgrade over Cassell.  Many forget, but Cassell played reasonably well last year.  It remains to be seen whether Brady can return from major reconstructive knee surgery to have a better season than Cassell had last year.  Did you know that Brady's only had a better passer rating than Cassel did last year in three of his nine seasons?  And in only one of his last three? 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

I'll be perfectly honest, I was not aware of the facts regarding Cassel and Brady's ratings. That said, I have a great deal of confidence in Brady's ability to come back given that the coaching and training staff are apparently good to go with Brady and did not even bring in a veteran back up. Plus, Cassel's 2008 may have been an aberration (his body of work is too incomplete to justifiably compare the two quarterbacks). 

The mere fact the Dolphins won the division last year offers them no advantage or inside track to do so again. The Jets won the division in 2002, but that made them no better equipped to do so in 03, 04 or beyond. Arguably, all three other teams made significant gains during the offseason and in the draft.

Again, all that said, I'm sorry I didn't more carefully read the beginning of your post and have a great deal of respect for you and your opinion - I will be more careful in reading your posts in their entirety from now on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

To say that the only "upgrade" NE has made was Brady being healthy is a stretch. They added two experienced CBs, two TEs and a WR, plus had a decent draft with players rated at the top of their positions. Phillip Rivers had the same type of injury in 07, and went on to have a pro bowl year in 08 with months less recovery time. And Brady doesn't scramble, putting less "strain" on a recovering knee. And while Miami did win the division last year, it came down to a tiebreaker. Their wildcat will not take teams by surprise this season, and they have a much tougher schedule. Myself, I picked the Colts to win the south, but that means little. Other than one half of one game (and against mostly second string defenders) the Colts have yet to show they can carry their success into the playoffs (unless they are playing the Broncos). I'm not buying the Houston hype, either. While they do have the players to be a contender, they simply have not shown that they can close out a game, much less a season. But the Jags should improve, last year's falloff was mostly due to numerous injuries on the O-line. That spells disaster for just about any team. In any event, it's pretty much folly to try and predict who will win their divisions in July!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE] In any event, it's pretty much folly to try and predict who will win their divisions in July!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Now there's a comment we all can agree on!  Last year no one was picking Atlanta, Miami, or the Cardinals prior to the season.  There are always surprises.  It's just fun supporting your own favorite team, and if you happen to be right you can claim that "I told you so months ago!" 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Bears seem to be a popular pick, persoanlly I dont think Cutler will do much to save that team. But the bandwagon is full right now so maybe I just cant fit on it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mackotack1224. Show Mackotack1224's posts

[QUOTE]The Bears seem to be a popular pick, persoanlly I dont think Cutler will do much to save that team. But the bandwagon is full right now so maybe I just cant fit on it.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I agree with your point on Cutler, I just don't think the division is very impressive otherwise. I think if Farve goes to the Vikings, the Bears win the division, if #4 stays home, the Vikings will take the division.  I really think Tarvaris Jackson came on strong at the end of last season and Farve would stay good long enough to some damage to some of the other teams in the division before faltering in the end - as he did last year in the AFC East.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Last year he had a hurt shoulder that hurt him down the stretch, up until that point his team was 8-3 or something like that so if he stayed healthy who knows how good they could have been. So if Farve comes back and stays healthy for a full season then the Vikings have a much better shot at winning the Div then the Bears. Peterson will run all over the Bears defense as its a p*ssy a ss Tampa Two defense and if he has a QB like Farve when healthy that team will be good. The Bears are where offensive players go to die and Cutler ruined any shot at a good career the moment he was trading to chi town. The Packers have a better shot at winning it befroe the Bears do. I say its 1 Vikings 2 Packers 3 Bears and 4 Lions. If the Lions were any good I would pick them over the Bears as well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I agree with your point on Cutler, I just don't think the division is very impressive otherwise. I think if Farve goes to the Vikings, the Bears win the division, if #4 stays home, the Vikings will take the division.  I really think Tarvaris Jackson came on strong at the end of last season and Farve would stay good long enough to some damage to some of the other teams in the division before faltering in the end - as he did last year in the AFC East.

Depending on Favre's health he could be an improvement over Jackson. The Vikings have a better defense than the Jests did, and also a better running game. Favre's problem is he always tries to do too much, and usually it results in a lot of picks. But in either scenario, I see the Packers winning the NFC North. They have a good up and coming QB in Rodgers, some excellent WRs (better than either the Bears or Vikings), and a tough defense, if it can stay healthy. I think the Vikings will be in a dogfight for a WC spot, and the Bears will finish third...only because the Lions s u c k so much!!!

Sections
Shortcuts