Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!

I like your picks, mostly i like that you didnt list the Bears as the div winners in the North lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot!:
    [QUOTE]I like your picks, mostly i like that you didnt list the Bears as the div winners in the North lol
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

and you forgot the Chiefs in the west

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : 2-10 seasons define success in your book, not mine. never having a winning season past high school defines success in your book, not mine. I sense bitterness from you due to the fact that your team gets it handed to um' every freakin' they meet SD in the playoffs. If Vandy can't hang in the SEC, they should opt out. Even in an off year,the AFC west is still better than the AFC south. How did that 12-4 work out for ya? www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/dcr/lowres/dcrn134l.jpg " alt="" />
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Bolt - no bitterness here.  I will say, however, that your bravado surprises me.  While you do have a couple of victories over the colts in the playoffs the last 2 years, your team is rather (actually completely) short on ultimate success.  

When you compare the historical success of SD against any of the other teams in your division, SD finishes, dead last.  And when you compare yourself against the successful teams within the conference over the last decade, in terms of ultimate success, SD doesn't even qualify.  

So exactly what is the source of your bravado?   

Now where Cutler and Vanderbilt are concerned, I did not define their success by my standards.  I defined it by Vanderbilt's standards.  2-10 is average for Vanderbilt.  5-6 with 3 wins in the SEC is great for Vanderbilt. 

And Vandy ought to opt out of the SEC??  I don't even know how do respond to that.  I can only ask why?

As for last year, the colts were 1-1 vs. the chargers.  12-4 got us into the playoffs and nothing less would have.  So 12-4 worked out very well for the colts.  , and if you say that the chargers won the only game that mattered, then I say

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

jbolt - did you mean that goose egg to represent SD's # of SB victories?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

[QUOTE]jbolt - did you mean that goose egg to represent SD's # of SB victories?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Take it from someone who lives in SD, Charger fans act like their team is "sixburgh", and not the team that has only 1 afc championship win to it's name.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats cause people in the media treat these team with kid gloves. someone needs to come out and put them in their place. YOUR TEAM HAS NEVER WON ANYTHING!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE] Finally, quit telling me you don't listen to the pundits, because the Texans are exactly a sexy pundit pick. 

Yet, when I didn't pick the Texans but picked the Jags instead, you wondered why I would do that when it was against what all the pundits were saying? When I said I don't follow the crowd, you said I was full of it.

I get it. You just don't want people to not pick the Colts. Hmm. Imagine that.

Please just acknowledge that you were sad because I don't think the Colts will have the rosy year you are suggesting and try to save some of your integrity. Forget it. I know you won't admit it. So, I will just say you did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]So, jbolt, exactly what is the source of your bravado?    

Some call it a typewriter, but it is actually a keyboard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]. I sense bitterness from you due to the fact that your team gets it handed to um' every freakin' they meet SD in the playoffs.

Umm, with the exception of one year, the Colts get it handed to them every year in the playoffs. By someone. It really doesn't matter who the team that beats them is unless that team actually goes to the SB. Otherwise, it is just a team that beat the Colts in the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Underdogg...

This string represents the optimism of all fans for their team as the new season approaches.  You, and your fellow Colts fans, are no different than the Pats fans here.  Filled with enthusiasm about your team and its chances.  Jbolt may be the most frustrated of the out of town posters here.  Every year he spouts the same rhetoric about the Bolts and they disappoint to a fault.  Got to be tough on ya, but, the loyalty is admired.  What probably makes it more frustrating for fans around the league is the pundits and pros of the game like the Pats so much going into this season.  Probably irks Steeler fans who will shout at the top of their lungs that they are the SB champs and should be the favorites.  Given how the Pats finished last year with all their injuries there probably was a sigh of relief among some teams and fans the Pats weren't in the playoffs.  (especially Steeler fans as the Pats seem to be their biggest roadblock when both are in the playoffs)  Once again the Pats have reloaded, everyone is healthy and they sure are the darlings of the media to the chargin of the fans of other teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Could someone please explain the rationale that last year's champ should be ranked number 1 this year.

If, by chance, the Cardinals won last year, would you rank them #1 to start the season? Do you even think they will repeat as NFCCG?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : Bolt - no bitterness here.  I will say, however, that your bravado surprises me.  While you do have a couple of victories over the colts in the playoffs the last 2 years, your team is rather (actually completely) short on ultimate success.   When you compare the historical success of SD against any of the other teams in your division, SD finishes, dead last.  And when you compare yourself against the successful teams within the conference over the last decade, in terms of ultimate success, SD doesn't even qualify.   So exactly what is the source of your bravado?    Now where Cutler and Vanderbilt are concerned, I did not define their success by my standards.  I defined it by Vanderbilt's standards.  2-10 is average for Vanderbilt.  5-6 with 3 wins in the SEC is great for Vanderbilt.  And Vandy ought to opt out of the SEC??  I don't even know how do respond to that.  I can only ask why? As for last year, the colts were 1-1 vs. the chargers.  12-4 got us into the playoffs and nothing less would have.  So 12-4 worked out very well for the colts.  , and if you say that the chargers won the only game that mattered, then I say
     Just by the fact you put success and Jay Cutler's Vanderbilt in the same sentence tells all. they've had no success at Vandy. It also figures that you rely on the ancient past in defining the Chargers rather than the recent past,because your recent past is 0-2 at the hands of the Chargers in playoffs. All games matter but your last two season ending games worked out very well for the colts. Who the heck is your rookie coach anyway? The source of my bravado (when talking to you) is actually based on facts that are clearly defined in Indy vs. San Diego matchups. Whether it was the 13-0 streak SD stopped at Indy because the Chargers were the better team, or the two seasons ago beauty -the 6 int game by Peyton that you excused due to injury- which was also won by the better team, the Chargers. Or either one of the 2 playoff games the last two years; both Indy losses won by the better team; the Chargers. It appears as though you've taken a liken to Culter, maybe because CHI is so close to Indy geographically or that you can ralate to the spoiled little puuke type so easily, I dont know and I dont care. I do know that both your Colts & Cutler are overrated though.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : Yet, when I didn't pick the Texans but picked the Jags instead, you wondered why I would do that when it was against what all the pundits were saying? When I said I don't follow the crowd, you said I was full of it. I get it. You just don't want people to not pick the Colts. Hmm. Imagine that. Please just acknowledge that you were sad because I don't think the Colts will have the rosy year you are suggesting and try to save some of your integrity. Forget it. I know you won't admit it. So, I will just say you did.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Root - you spend way too much time attempting to be clever.  And it is because of that, that I said you were full of it.  Everyone was having a good football discussion, but you chose to turn it into something else. 

Once I got a non-football related response to my question, your opinion really didn't matter to me.  Forgive me for thinking you might actually have something relevant to add.  Sometimes you do.    

But yes, I am curious about the reasoning of those who have chosen a team other than the colts or the titans to win the AFC South.  In my opinion, neither the Texans nor the Jags did enough in the offseason to overtake either the titans or colts.  but, i acknowledge that both the colts and titans do have questions going into the season. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : Some call it a typewriter, but it is actually a keyboard.

Clever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : Umm, with the exception of one year, the Colts get it handed to them every year in the playoffs. By someone. It really doesn't matter who the team that beats them is unless that team actually goes to the SB. Otherwise, it is just a team that beat the Colts in the playoffs. 

In the Dungy era (over 7 years) - the colts lost to the eventual sb champion 3 times.  won 1.  lost 3 others to non-sb teams (twice to the chargers). 

So I guess it matters more frequently than it doesn't matter. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! :  Just by the fact you put success and Jay Cutler's Vanderbilt in the same sentence tells all. they've had no success at Vandy. 

You are generally correct, Vandy isn't and hasn't been a good team for 50 years.  Does that mean they should stop playing?  No.  Thus success (or relative success) for Vanderbilt has to be measured differently than say Florida measures it.  If you don't want to accept my point, that's fine, but by not doing so, you identify yourself as a hypocrite because that is exactly what you do.  You gloat over the chargers 2 playoff victories over the colts.  Yet what hardware/championship did that garner them.  Nada.  So what success really did the chargers have?  Well, I guess you will have to define that relatively.   

It also figures that you rely on the ancient past in defining the Chargers rather than the recent past,because your recent past is 0-2 at the hands of the Chargers in playoffs.

I've used this same arguement with Pats fans and it is valid.  But you are forgetting that I acknowledged the recent victories of the chargers over the colts.  the fact is you've yet to acknowledge the colts regular season victory over the chargers last year. If we are going head to head and discussing recent past, doesn't that matter? 

All games matter but your last two season ending games  worked out very well for the colts. Who the heck is your rookie coach anyway? The source of my bravado (when talking to you) is actually based on facts that are clearly defined in Indy vs. San Diego matchups. Whether it was the 13-0 streak SD stopped at Indy because the Chargers were the better team, or the two seasons ago beauty -the 6 int game by Peyton that you excused due to injury- which was also won by the better team, the Chargers. Or either one of the 2 playoff games the last two years; both Indy losses won by the better team; the Chargers. 

congrats on your undefeated season stopping win.  To use your arguement as you have with the pats, how did the playoffs work out for your team that year?  Again, how come no comment on the colts win last year?  

It appears as though you've taken a liken to Culter, maybe because CHI is so close to Indy geographically or that you can ralate to the spoiled little puuke type so easily, I dont know and I dont care. I do know that both your Colts & Cutler are overrated though.  

I have my reasons for liking Cutler, and I accept that you think the colts are overrated, but if that's the case how do you explain SD's loss to the colts at SD last year?  How do explain 6 years in a row with 12 wins?  how do you explain a superbowl victory in the last 3 years (and how do you explain SD's lack of one)? 

Jbolt - call your feelings what you will.  I see them more as sour grapes.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Jules...  you REALLY think the Pats and Dolphins are dead even WITH Brady back?  What did you think last year when it took a tie breaker for the Fins to win the East and the Pats did not have Brady and all those injuries? ...It is safe to say there are more questions about the Colts than the Pats going into this year given who they lost, but, they still have Manning Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The thing about Brady being back is this: I don't know if he'll do better than Cassel did last year.  Cassel's QB rating was over 89 and was better than all but three of Brady's NFL seasons.  You add to that the fact that Brady's coming off major reconstructive knee surgery, and it's hard to argue that Brady will make a huge difference next year.  If Brady is better than Cassel was, it's not like you're upgrading a position that was horrible last year.  If the Pats had Rex Grossman starting last season in place of Brady - sure, a rehabbing Brady is lightyears better than Grossman.  But at this point it's hard to believe Brady will make a big difference.

I disagree that there are more questions about the Colts than the Pats.  After all, the Pats missed the playoffs last year, still have major question marks at CB and the entire LB corps, and don't appear to have much hope for a steady pass rush.  Plus, and Pat fans don't like to hear this, Brady may not be the same this year.  The Colts are essentially returning a 12-win team intact.  The only loss is Harrison, and he hasn't been a huge part of the offense for a few years...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Could someone please explain the rationale that last year's champ should be ranked number 1 this year. If, by chance, the Cardinals won last year, would you rank them #1 to start the season? Do you even think they will repeat as NFCCG?

I wouldn't rank the SB champ #1 every year, but this year I think it would be wrong to put any other team #1.  After all, Pitt was a top team all last year, won the SB, and is returning more completely than any other team in the league.  They have 21 of 22 starters back this year.  That weighs much more heavily than theoretical improvement by FA players (who may or may not fit into the new team), return of injured players (who may or may not achieve their former level of play), or development of young players (who may or may not improve). 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : Root - you spend way too much time attempting to be clever.  And it is because of that, that I said you were full of it.  Everyone was having a good football discussion, but you chose to turn it into something else.  Once I got a non-football related response to my question, your opinion really didn't matter to me.  Forgive me for thinking you might actually have something relevant to add.  Sometimes you do.     But yes, I am curious about the reasoning of those who have chosen a team other than the colts or the titans to win the AFC South.  In my opinion, neither the Texans nor the Jags did enough in the offseason to overtake either the titans or colts.  but, i acknowledge that both the colts and titans do have questions going into the season. 

How whiny. You say that I turned it into something else, yet you are the one questioning anyone who doesn't put the Colts at least second. I don't think it is me, my friend. it wold be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

I did ask you, but you refused to answer and instead personalized the question. But the answer to why I don't think the Colts will do well lies in answer to the question, "What is Peyton's biggest weakness?" I am not sure why you feel this is not football related.

By the way, thank you for finally admitting that you will attack any post where the poster thinks the Colts don't have much of a shot this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : I wouldn't rank the SB champ #1 every year, but this year I think it would be wrong to put any other team #1.  After all, Pitt was a top team all last year, won the SB, and is returning more completely than any other team in the league.  They have 21 of 22 starters back this year.  That weighs much more heavily than theoretical improvement by FA players (who may or may not fit into the new team), return of injured players (who may or may not achieve their former level of play), or development of young players (who may or may not improve). 
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

I don't have any issue with the Steelers being ranked number 1 going into the season. To me these pre-season rankings are a combination of past results combined with expectations of future performance. It shouldn't surprise anyone if they actually repeat (The BR issue being set aside.) I also don't have an issue with the Pats being ranked #1, either. They were a playoff team without a playoff spot last year and this year they have made improvements on defense as well as got Brady back so expectations are pretty high.

My question is why people automatically feel the champion from the prior season always must be ranked #1 going into a new season. People who write this always invariably add the rationale that "They are number 1 until they are dethroned." To me, there is no logic in this statement whatsoever and I am wondering why people try to use it to base their rankings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : In the Dungy era (over 7 years) - the colts lost to the eventual sb champion 3 times.  won 1.  lost 3 others to non-sb teams (twice to the chargers).  So I guess it matters more frequently than it doesn't matter. 

Let's see. How can I explain this so that you get it. No, wait, that is biting off far more than I can chew.

I have another idea. Please explain why it matters to whom they lose. 

Do they somehow get points for losing to a team that had a better record than they did or the team that eventually wins the SB? Better, does it matter if they lose to a team that comes before them alphabetically. Let's go with that one. It is just as arbitrary as the other two. The fact is, no matter who they lost to, they still lost so it doesn't matter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The thing about Brady being back is this: I don't know if he'll do better than Cassel did last year.  Cassel's QB rating was over 89 and was better than all but three of Brady's NFL seasons.  You add to that the fact that Brady's coming off major reconstructive knee surgery, and it's hard to argue that Brady will make a huge difference next year.

It may be hard for you to argue, but not for anyone with half a brain! Passer rating means nada, look at guys like Cutler. He had a good passer rating and the team went 8-8 and missed the postseason. Brady knows the offense better. He has more chemistry with his teammates. And he makesbetter reads and decisions (and quicker) than Cassel. Look at how many times Cassel was sacked last season. As far as him not coming back from his injury, that's a farce. He was never one to scramble, so his knees are less of a factor than a QB like Cutler or McNabb. Nothing is wrong with his arm...or his brain! Brady's biggest attributes are the "intangibles". That certainly won't change due to his knee. That alone makes him a big difference over Cassel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : How whiny. You say that I turned it into something else, yet you are the one questioning anyone who doesn't put the Colts at least second. I don't think it is me, my friend. it wold be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. I did ask you, but you refused to answer and instead personalized the question. But the answer to why I don't think the Colts will do well lies in answer to the question, "What is Peyton's biggest weakness?" I am not sure why you feel this is not football related. By the way, thank you for finally admitting that you will attack any post where the poster thinks the Colts don't have much of a shot this season.

Actually your response - "I don't go with the crowd" had nothing at all to do with football. 

Regarding not answering your question, I understood from the beginning that it was a set up by you.  Honest dialouge is not your forte (at least with me).  Deception is.  And proving my point, you just stated that the answer to your question (in your mind) is the reason for your prediction.  So what I think is irrelevant. 

I asked you why you made the pick you did and I got the non-football answer above, when in fact, you have a football related answer that you are unwilling to share unless I answer your question.  And you attempt to characterize me as immature. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win their div's next year? Take your shot! : Let's see. How can I explain this so that you get it. No, wait, that is biting off far more than I can chew. I have another idea. Please explain why it matters to whom they lose.  Do they somehow get points for losing to a team that had a better record than they did or the team that eventually wins the SB? Better, does it matter if they lose to a team that comes before them alphabetically. Let's go with that one. It is just as arbitrary as the other two. The fact is, no matter who they lost to, they still lost so it doesn't matter.

Once again responding with questions rather than a response. 

Anyway - to answer your question - in a previous post you stated:

"It really doesn't matter who the team that beats them is unless that team actually goes to the SB."

So in response to your statement, I pointed out that 3 of the colts playoff losses in the Dungy era were to the eventual superbowl champion.  I didn't make the statement.  You did

So answer the question yourself.  If it does matter, as you said it did, why are you questioning me?  If it doesn't matter, then why did you say it did (see above).  

If you quit trying to be so clever, then you might actually be taken seriously.  Right now you just look like a putz.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

When do you guys start messuring your d*cks? lol seriously gusy how long is this p*ssing contest going to go on for?