who wins SUPER BOWL and why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

who wins SUPER BOWL and why?

This game is a tough one to call...  I still haven't completed my analysis of this game.  Its a bit of a puzzler.  thoughts...?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: who wins SUPER BOWL and why?

As I've recently reminded others, I don't have an analysis, nor would I expend the time and effort. Niners win because the Ravens are dirty cheating suckers with ugly uniforms.

27-13 SF.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

As I've recently reminded others, I don't have an analysis, nor would I expend the time and effort. Niners win because the Ravens are dirty cheating suckers with ugly uniforms.

27-13 SF.

brilliant...really

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

27-13 SF.

brilliant...really

True, and yet so simple. :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't care....my team isn't playing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Not worth my time to think about it, honestly.  When your team is not at the dance, I'll only watch to see if anything interesting happens.  Makes for a great party night at a neighbor's house, though!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think the Ravens win.  You have to be playing pretty good football to go into Denver and Foxborough and pull out two wins.

Kaepernick is very impressive but his inexperience may catch up to him in this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I think the Ravens win.  You have to be playing pretty good football to go into Denver and Foxborough and pull out two wins.

Kaepernick is very impressive but his inexperience may catch up to him in this one.

Kaepernick's play is without a doubt the key for the Niners, who'll be challenged by a savvy veteran Ravens defense with Reed likely spying him at the line. Something tells me that big brother has cooked up a little something something for his little brother and how well Kaepernick is able to digest in real time what the Ravens are showing him, vs what they are actually trying to do will be the first test of the night. It won't take long to see if he's up to the task, if he can play mistake free in the first half and not turn the ball over and give the Ravens a short field early. it's game on.

If i were calling the plays for San Fran, I'd be inclined to test the Ravens run defense early on come out in the run option formations and see just how well they set the edge and then pound them up the middle with Gore and if the safeties come up in the box. Which I think is the best way to defend the run option because as rule most OLB and or DE are not athletic enough to play in space vs Kaepernick. That should open up the middle of the field for Davis to attack the seams on play action. Who'll likely draw single coverage from the linebackers if the Ravens deploy their safeties to set the edge. 

As the game gets closer. I find myself leaning toward SF who has the better defense of the two teams and should be able to get some pressure on Flaco. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the Ravens prevailed. I don't see them being able to run the ball on San Francisco and if they can't that means a lot of 3rd and long situations. While the Ravens run to this point has been impressive. Fact of the matter is none of the defenses they've played to date in the playoffs are as stout or as physical as the Niners. Who arguably have the best defense in the NFL with perhaps the best tandem of linebackers of this generation. Along with a pretty stout defensive backfield. I don't see any area where you could make an argument that the Ravens offense has a distinct advantage. Take away Boulden and they struggle to move the chains (see Talib in the first half). Denard also showed that if you jam Jones or Smith at the line both struggle to fight through press coverages and on obvious passing downs? my guess is that they'll have a safety playing over the top to take away the deep ball. 

In the end it's about matchup and personnel and I think when you breakdown how each unit matchups up with the other it's tough to conclude the Ravens have the edge on either side of the ball or in any one phase of the game...

SF 31 Ravens 23 

little bro finally best big bro....in an epic saga of siblings...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

. .    true,  but the patriots lost to both these teams.  So that makes it worth watching IMO, and analyzing...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Really doesn't matter to me since the Pats are not there, but SF wins as Kaepernik runs circles around an old, tired defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

San Fran...way too much offense for Balt to keep up with...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

I think the Ravens win, not that they are the better team, but because the NFL wants their poster child Lewis to go out as a winner instead of the loser that he actually is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:

I think the Ravens win, not that they are the better team, but because the NFL wants their poster child Lewis to go out as a winner instead of the loser that he actually is.

pathetic

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

Really doesn't matter to me since the Pats are not there, but SF wins as Kaepernik runs circles around an old, tired defense.

didnt look old and tired in the AFCCG

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

SF will win because they have a better defense and a better offensive line.  Flacco is more polished than Kaepernick, but not by enough to make up for SF's other advantages imo.  Baltimore wins if Kap totally craps the bed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Gotta go with the Ravens! After what the way they made Brady look like Tom Horrific in the playoff game and they are getting 3.5.

So are you guys getting tired of watching Brady age right before our eyes?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonetone. Show tonetone's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

This game is a tough one to call...  I still haven't completed my analysis of this game.  Its a bit of a puzzler.  thoughts...?

Simple call, 49ers. They are getting the new stadium next year. Book it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

In response to umichfan's comment:

AGREED.

I am only watching for and from a Party and commercials.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The niners take it  because the next best thing to the Pats winning is seeing yuk-mouth Suggs cry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Niners. Patriots took them to the brink, but I think in a pristine envirinment Niners will maull them, the only question is will they run up the score

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I've heard a few people now who think the Niners might win by a big number.  I'm surprised to hear that, really.  The Ravens are on a pretty good run against some good teams.  The Niners had their hands full with Atlanta and it could have gone either way.  I don't think Atlanta is that much better than Baltimore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

. .    true,  but the patriots lost to both these teams.  So that makes it worth watching IMO, and analyzing...

At least it's  not like the 2008-9 SB with 9-7 Arizona Cardinals who the patriots beat 47-7 in week 16 that year.   Pats finished 11-5 and didn't make playoffs.  THAT game was tough to watch.

49ers and rayvens are at least worthy of being there based on their complete bodies bodies of work.  Plus it is a great matchup (once the stupid hype is over and they actually play the game).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty49. Show Lefty49's posts

I could not care less.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Same olddddd and tireddddd defense that the 9 point favored Pats lost to. It' a wait and see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

First half verses Pats, SF played lock down man and you saw the results. Second half, zone. Again, TB will tear a zone up. Not really sure what Jim H. was thinking. Maybe he wasn't.

Sections
Shortcuts