who wins SUPER BOWL and why?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: who wins SUPER BOWL and why?

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

As I've recently reminded others, I don't have an analysis, nor would I expend the time and effort. Niners win because the Ravens are dirty cheating suckers with ugly uniforms.

27-13 SF.

Sorry to piggyback but I agree with you 100% on the score. 49ers by 14 points or more....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

FWIW, SI's football panel picks are 5-2 in favor of the Ravens. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

some fun facts...  Both SF and BA are undefeated in SBs . 49ers ridiculous 5-0. BA 1-0...  Big brother john won 1st match up between these teams...

OK which team has the edge? Most things wash...

coaching... Wash

Rbacks ... . Wash

receivers... wash

Olines.....   wash

Special Tms...wash

intangibles... Wash

TEs. ? ..... Hmm...  SF

pass rush? Hmm... SF

And the all important QB :

Experience... Flacco

Athleticism...  Kaepernick

this tradeoff in conjunction with SF superior pass rush gives the edge to SF .  Young qbs have a good record in the sb lately....  So

49ers take this game sunday,  24-17.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Anyone who thinks the 49ers will beat the Ravens by double digits needs their head examined.

I think this game will be close with the Ravens winning by 3 points. If any defense can stop Kaepernick from running, it's the Ravens front line. If they can contain Kap(and I believe they will), I think the Ravens can pull it off. They beat Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, AND Tom Brady...so I don't see any reason why they can't stop or contain Kaepernick.

They had two weeks to study the 49ers pistol formation. I got the Ravens winning 27-24.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Is that game this wekend?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

As I've recently reminded others, I don't have an analysis, nor would I expend the time and effort. Niners win because the Ravens are dirty cheating suckers with ugly uniforms.

27-13 SF.

Sorry to piggyback but I agree with you 100% on the score. 49ers by 14 points or more....

I see it 49ers big also; mobile running QB is huge plus over Flacco, and 49ers have far superior D with Patrick Willis far better than dancin Ray, Aldon Smith and Navarro Bowman all far better than Raven counterparts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why I believe SF will win.  They have better receivers & running backs & a better defense than the Pats. Only Brady is better on the Pats' team. Irrespective of Kaepernick's heroics in the first 2 playoff games  , Brady, especially with 49er offensive line protecting him, 49er receivers  and a running attack, would toss for 400+ yards and is still a better QB until Kaep wins a SB.

Here is the big problem for the Ravens. Although Kaepernich set the rushing record with 180 yards vs. GB, I think he rushed for under 50 against Atlanta but showed he is a good passing QB too.  Hopefully, Haubaugh will study the films of the Pats' game as I feel they lost more than just because of Welker's drop but they had no pass rush and couldn't stop 2nd and 3rd and 10s. Given all day, Flacco is as good as Brady finding an open receiver. 49ers must rush more than 4 occasionally & blitz too & put pressure on Flacco or they, despite putting up points, will be in a shoot out and a turnover can decide the game.

Kaepernick's ability to run will be in the heads of the Balts as they really don't know what he is going to do. If they try to defend his scrambling, read option designed runs, they need spread out their ends and linebackers. SF with one of the NFL's best offensive lines, can then probe the middle of the line or off tackle with Gore & James.   Getting to Kaepernick & sacking him is not going to be easy as he's more elusive than Brady and can run to either side looking for an open receiver and/or take off.

And regarding the 49ers defense, it's as good and even better than the Ravens. Don't you think ???

I'd like Moss to get a ring too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

49's wont make same mistake as the Pats, they will run the ball. Whether its. 3.8, 2.1, 3.2. ypc. Wear down the Defense. Davis has a big game, Gore goes over 100+ yards. Field Goals might be very important in this game, where Ravens have a big advantage.
    31-17 49's   Flacco will be facing a tougher Defense, thats not afraid to blitz. Also with a better Pass Rush. Faggio is underated DC.
    LB's for 49's and Safeties match up good for Rice, Pierce, and Pitta.

I agree with you that the 49ers will play differently than the Pats. Many posts cited Welker's dropped pass as being the deciding factor. But, I felt the lack of a pass rush was what did Pats in with no pressure on Flacco. Also, I believe the 49ers can contain the running back Rice while Gore & James are threats when Kaep decides not to run the ball himself. Brady was never a running threat.

Again, not a big issue if you can score 40-35 points and outscore the opponent but when you have a miserable offensive game like the Patriots did, the defense can still rescue a team. SF was down 7-0 and 14-7 to Green Bay. They were down 17-0 to Atlanta and 24-14 at half.  In those 2 games in the 2nd half only 7 points were scored by GB when SF was up by 21, 45-24, in last meaningless 2 minutes and Falcons were held scoreless. When people think of SF, other than in the last 2 playoff games with Kaepernicks ability to run, what do most people think first about SF's team...DEFENSE !!! If Pats had scored 35-40 pts Welker's drop becomes a non-issue. Pats main objective should be to draft linemen who can get to the QB & good defensive backs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

SF 49'ers 38-24

The reason... Nobody can run the pistol offense like Colin Kaepernick.  The Ravens aren't going to know how to handle it.

Super Bowl MVP right here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The 49'ers beat Atlanta by 4 whole points.  Atlanta is not a great team.  49'ers are being overrated by a lot of people.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

The 49'ers beat Atlanta by 4 whole points.  Atlanta is not a great team.  49'ers are being overrated by a lot of people.

Falcons were 13-3!  They jumped all over the 49'ers early but couldn't stop them when they got going.  I think the 49'ers will have a much better start tomorrow and once they get going in a big game like this, there will be no letting up.  Game will be over at the end of the 3rd qtr.  No way the much younger, faster 49'ers lose to the older, slower Ravens. Gore will out perform Rice, Kaep will out perform Flacco and the 49'ers D will be very impressive.  Moss gets his SB ring! Kaepernick will have a unforgettable performance, one to remember!  Alex Smith will even get to go in for several minutes in the 4th qtr. 

I'm in 49'er country.  I have always hated the 49'ers, ever since I was a little kid.  But this year with Kaepernick playing very well and going to the SB, after watching and following him through college... it's just different.  The dude is an amazing player and athlete.  Pretty excited for this game.  Not as excited as I would be had the Patriots gone to the SB, but I don't think the Pats could have beat the 49'ers in the SB had they made it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Falcons were 13-3! 

Atlanta played in a very weak division and had an easy schedule loaded with sub-.500 teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

49'ers by 10.  Just think Baltimore peaked with the AFC win.  49'ers running backs will make the difference.  jumho.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The team that scores the most points . . . because they scored the most points . . . 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

Is that game this wekend?

I believe so, from what I see on TV.  Welcome back!!!  (-;

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Disappointed with the lack of activity here.  Come on folks, you still have 20 minutes or so to give your Super Bowl call.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

49ers 24 Ravens 21 if Kaepernick continues to impress.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The team that scores the most points . . . because they scored the most points . . . 

I disagree. The team that gives up the least points will win.  :p

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

SF 49'ers 38-24

The reason... Nobody can run the pistol offense like Colin Kaepernick.  The Ravens aren't going to know how to handle it.

Super Bowl MVP right here.

I don't think the crows score 24 points. BTW nice picture

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

As much as I hate to admit it, the Raven's big strong receivers and solid play by Flaco are the reason they are going to win this game. Capernick & the 49ers have been horrible in the red zone and pretty inept period. 

I will turn the game off before the end. I can't bear the sight of the murderer doing his "me, me, me" dance while confetti falls.