who would be an instant impact for the pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

who would be an instant impact for the pats?

with the trade deadline comeing up,and with all the names of players being thrown around.which one would be an instant impact right away for the pats?put aside personal feelings,and just look at who would help the team.here are a few names,and fill free to add others that you may heard of.im gonna say merriman would be the one to be the instant impact player.

shawn merriman
    terrell owens
    larry johnson
    aron kampen
    brady quinn
    patrick crayton
    julius peppers
    javon walker

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: who would be an instant impact for the pats?

not sure if it just a lack of caring for the chargers organization but merriman has been a non factor this year..... And i think he (when he is right) would be wasted on the Pats... our OLB just dont all out blitz all that much

I would say TO would make the most immediate impact followed by Julius Peppers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

im thinking merriman is over the chargers.especially with the gm.i think at a new place,and new start he would be the old merriman again.but yes t.o would give the extra receiver threat.but him,or matt roth,none of these guys will be traded within the division.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

My $ 0.02:
    shawn merriman: Has sucked since he got of the Flintstone chewable PEDs
    terrell owens Old; Joey Galloway with an attitude
    larry johnson Production does not justify paycheck.  May be getting lazy after getting paid, maybe just plays on a bad team.
    aron kampen Aaron Kampman?  He is a baller, I would be all on board with him.
    brady quinn Don't need him
    patrick crayton Nothing special here
    julius peppers Wants too much $, went through this in pre-season
    javon walker See Crayton

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Peyton Manning, and he could be loaned this week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Demarcus Ware. If healthy. He's had what, an average of 18 sacks a year the last three years.....instant pass rush right there...If he's that good with Wade Phillips as his coach how much better would he be with Belichick ? DW is free agent next year and will command the same money as Peppers,however, the Cowpokes will almost definitely franchise him. On O it would be T.O. Running Backs are a dime a dozen. I'd also throw out Magina's Joe Thomas at LT. I think Roaf is a free agent next year, but I know he's up there in age.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Willie Roaf?

That guy can't possibly still be in the league.

What is he, 50?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

DEION BRANCH! He fills the need for a third receiver. He knows the offense. He was Tom Brady's favorite receiver.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Wide Receiver Manute Bol. I hear the Washington Bullets are willing to trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

WR! WR! WR!  Owens would be sick, but even Crayton would be awesome in this Pats offense.  Right now the Pats have nothing at the #3 WR spot, and a WR that could run routes and catch the ball(how sad is it not to have this in the NFL).  Would keep the offense on the field much longer and give the defense much needed rest.  I don't care who is on the list for the defense, if the offense just goes three and out, nobody is going to make a difference on the D.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: who would be an instant impact for the pats?:
    [QUOTE]Demarcus Ware. If healthy. He's had what, an average of 18 sacks a year the last three years.....instant pass rush right there...If he's that good with Wade Phillips as his coach how much better would he be with Belichick ? DW is free agent next year and will command the same money as Peppers,however, the Cowpokes will almost definitely franchise him. On O it would be T.O. Running Backs are a dime a dozen. I'd also throw out Magina's Joe Thomas at LT. I think Roaf is a free agent next year, but I know he's up there in age.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE] ware would be great.havent heard his name thrown out there,but didnt hear anything about gaines adams either.until he was traded to the bears.im sure there are more players under the radar available.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who would be an instant impact for the pats? : ware would be great.havent heard his name thrown out there,but didnt hear anything about gaines adams either.until he was traded to the bears.im sure there are more players under the radar available.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

ware is not available. i think that poster thought you meant who in the league would be an instant impact player for the pats, not specifically about who may be available. and thank god we stayed away from gaines adams! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to who would be an instant impact for the pats?:
    [QUOTE]which one would be an instant impact right away for the pats? ... im gonna say merriman

Only if you're Tila Tequila

Sorry, couldn't resist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to who would be an instant impact for the pats? : Only if you're Tila Tequila Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE] good one.here is adams choices.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=4563132

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[QUOTE]with the trade deadline comeing up,and with all the names of players being thrown around.which one would be an instant impact right away for the pats?put aside personal feelings,and just look at who would help the team.here are a few names,and fill free to add others that you may heard of.im gonna say merriman would be the one to be the instant impact player. shawn merriman terrell owens larry johnson aron kampen brady quinn patrick crayton julius peppers javon walker

Michael Clayton of TB is on the block, but he's been a 1st rd bust

I know he's beat up, but I'm surprised the Pat's haven't split Watson out more to get Baker on the field instead of straight 2 TE formations.  It seems like he could help more with the lack of depth at WR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]with the trade deadline comeing up,and with all the names of players being thrown around.which one would be an instant impact right away for the pats?put aside personal feelings,and just look at who would help the team.here are a few names,and fill free to add others that you may heard of.im gonna say merriman would be the one to be the instant impact player. shawn merriman terrell owens larry johnson aron kampen brady quinn patrick crayton julius peppers javon walker

definitely Larry Johnson, he would be the 2nd coming of corey dillon, we would dominate the time of possesion, brady wouldnt have to throw the ball 50 times a game anymore, much more balanced. exactly what we need. Our defense is ok, not great, but just fine, good enough to win games, if we add larry johnson, he would keep our young defense fresh throughout the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to who would be an instant impact for the pats? : definitely Larry Johnson, he would be the 2nd coming of corey dillon, we would dominate the time of possesion, brady wouldnt have to throw the ball 50 times a game anymore, much more balanced. exactly what we need. Our defense is ok, not great, but just fine, good enough to win games, if we add larry johnson, he would keep our young defense fresh throughout the game.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]        More than anything else we need an impact running back of this calber ....If I had my rathers I would rather try for Steven Jackson of Saint Louis...At 26 he is younger and hs legs are much fresher !!! I believe we could grab him right now if we were aggresive enough ...St. Louis has already thrown up their hands for this season and the more draft picks they have the better ....Time for them to re-build through the draft !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Vernon Gohlston.....heheheheheh...only kidding.  Seriously thought this guy is a major league bust. 20 tackles in 20 games?  I know I'm off point here, but I just looked him up for $#!T's and giggles and was somewhat surprised.  Good thing we didn't get him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

How about an effective Tom Brady? That would make all the receivers more effective and not leave the D under the gun over and over again. And I understand he wont cost anything!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boscobomber. Show boscobomber's posts

Sorry - this may be cheating since I asked earlier in the day what folks would think of going after TO - but imagine how defenders would try to cover three of the leagues best receivers.  Throw in our TE's & RB's and Brady would find his rhythm of 2007. 

Going after Merriman might be a wise move as well.  He is quietly stewing in SD due to their idiot GM and his fabulous comments.  Yeah, there's the 'Tela Tequila' story that is great for late-night comedy hosts but like every 'dissed' player, they want out to prove their worth.

Here's a wildcard for everyone - why not Pacman Jones?  BB was rumored to be interested in him last year and that guy has a lot to prove.  Cancerous?  Yep.  Idiotic?  Oh yeah but for less than a minimum year's salary?   Why not?  BB & Company would make sure the contract protects the organization but let's be frank - Pacman would give his left n** to play in NE.  And so would a lot of players which is why this place reminds me of SF back in the 80's & 90's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Whoever said T.O. is old and is like Galloway with an attitude is off. 

T.O. might be "old", but he keeps himself in shape better than most of the guys in the league, no matter what age.  He could be a great #3 wr on the outside opposite of Moss; that would really allow us to stretch the field (have another guy that could run routes across the middle, leaving Moss the ability to stretch the field). 

I really wanted them to sign T.O. in the offseason, but doubted it would happen.  I still think it would be a good idea to have him for the remainder of the season.  He'd be a good, solid threat. But I don't think they'll do anything.  Like Bill says, they're more worried about the last few games instead of the first few games.  They'll get the team where they want it to be near the end of the year for a deep playoff run, so i'm not too worried.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

after yesterdays game the only weakness that remains is stopping the run.a good run stopper would be nice.

Sections
Shortcuts