Who would be the three people to narrate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Who would be the three people to narrate

..."America's Game" if the Patriots win the next Super Bowl? These are my candidates:

Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, Matt Light, Wes Welker, Kevin Faulk, Leigh Bodden, Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren, Jerod Mayo.

I think Randy Moss is a lock to be a narrator since traditionally this "America's Game" series features Hall of Fame players, and Moss is an established veteran who is a lock to be inducted into Canton someday. On the other hand, Vince Wilfork strikes me as a player that would be used to narrate. He has a magnetic pull whenever he speaks. His words are very intense and he does well to give insight into a particular moment. Add onto the fact that he is a great player, a great person, he just signed a big contract with New England and he'll be a true leader of the team in 2010, I think Big Vince would be a lock to commentate on "America's Game". 

Now for the final member. Matt Light is a good candidate because he's been with the team for three Super Bowl wins already and he is an outgoing, funny guy. On the other hand though, he is entering a contract year and many believe he is on the outs with Sebastian Vollmer on the rise. So, there would sort of be an awkward recall if Matt were to be used in one of these specials while still playing for another team, don't you think? Wes Welker could be a trendy pick for most fans, but the fact that he's coming off of a season where he is recovering from a knee surgery and is likely to miss some time bothers me. How much will Wes Welker contribute to the team throughout the entire season if he misses some time? Is it enough to justify being one of three player commentators? I'm not so sure. His somewhat reserved demeanor might not make for great commentary either. Kevin Faulk, like Matt Light, has been with the Patriots since before Bill Belichick and Tom Brady even arrived on the scene. Surely he'd be in high consideration, but at his age, and on his final year in the NFL, in a role that might not be broad enough for NFL Films to lend itself to, is Faulk the best option to go along with Randy and Vince? Who knows. There are other choices in Ty Warren, Tully Banta-Cain, and Leigh Bodden, but none of those names strike anyone as household or dominating.

In the end, I think it would come down to Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. All three have been huge since the last Super Bowl the Pats were apart of in 2008, and presuming they win this next one in 2011, I think it would only make sense to have that combination of guys tell their stories. Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weis have been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Who would be the three people to narrate

Let's get there.  We should be so fortunate if we ever have such a "dilemma"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Really?!?  No Tom Brady in this discussion?  I'm pretty sure he'd be a lock with Moss...  My three would be Brady, Moss, Wilfork.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

^^^^^

Relax. Reread. Taken from my original post:

"Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weis have been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Moss, Welker, Wilfork

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Who would be the three people to narrate:
    ..."America's Game" if the Patriots win the next Super Bowl? These are my candidates: Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, Matt Light, Wes Welker, Kevin Faulk, Leigh Bodden, Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren, Jerod Mayo. I think Randy Moss is a lock to be a narrator since traditionally this "America's Game" series features Hall of Fame players, and Moss is an established veteran who is a lock to be inducted into Canton someday. On the other hand, Vince Wilfork strikes me as a player that would be used to narrate. He has a magnetic pull whenever he speaks. His words are very intense and he does well to give insight into a particular moment. Add onto the fact that he is a great player, a great person, he just signed a big contract with New England and he'll be a true leader of the team in 2010, I think Big Vince would be a lock to commentate on "America's Game".  Now for the final member. Matt Light is a good candidate because he's been with the team for three Super Bowl wins already and he is an outgoing, funny guy. On the other hand though, he is entering a contract year and many believe he is on the outs with Sebastian Vollmer on the rise. So, there would sort of be an awkward recall if Matt were to be used in one of these specials while still playing for another team, don't you think? Wes Welker could be a trendy pick for most fans, but the fact that he's coming off of a season where he is recovering from a knee surgery and is likely to miss some time bothers me. How much will Wes Welker contribute to the team throughout the entire season if he misses some time? Is it enough to justify being one of three player commentators? I'm not so sure. His somewhat reserved demeanor might not make for great commentary either. Kevin Faulk, like Matt Light, has been with the Patriots since before Bill Belichick and Tom Brady even arrived on the scene. Surely he'd be in high consideration, but at his age, and on his final year in the NFL, in a role that might not be broad enough for NFL Films to lend itself to, is Faulk the best option to go along with Randy and Vince? Who knows. There are other choices in Ty Warren, Tully Banta-Cain, and Leigh Bodden, but none of those names strike anyone as household or dominating. In the end, I think it would come down to Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. All three have been huge since the last Super Bowl the Pats were apart of in 2008, and presuming they win this next one in 2011, I think it would only make sense to have that combination of guys tell their stories. Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weis have been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVn1Pwzplnk
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick

I just posted what I see for your original post, looks like the first paragraph got cut off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

The first paragraph isn't really cut off, it's structured so that the title leads the reader directly into the post. By cutting off my title with a ..., there is a draw that makes people want to read what the rest of the sentence says. You know what I mean?

And this:

"Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weishave been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV?"

...is at the end of my original post, so it's been there for everyone to see from the very beginning. The point is, Tom Brady is not an option for future New England Patriots "America's Game" specials because he has already been used in one before. Unless the people at NFL Films allow Tom Terrific to commentate again, (which is unlikely), then he is not in consideration.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

^^^^

You are seriously off the grid. I'm not sure I understand which Patriots players you'd be choosing to narrate the series.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

laz...i think they have to be players that would have played on the championship team... so moss welker wilfork would def be...the primaries

but as far as the broadcast... that was hilarious! imagine if they did have phil and joe with some bunnies on the side line..for every sideline report..lmao

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Who would be the three people to narrate:
    ^^^^ You are seriously off the grid. I'm not sure I understand which Patriots players you'd be choosing to narrate the series.
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick

You'll have to excuse Laz.

He means well, but linear communication is not his strong suit.
    Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I think Moss is an obvious choice, not only for his appeal outside NE, but because he's so engaging and "juicy" when he chooses to speak publically--he's a story-teller and a jokester.

One of the things I love about the "America's Game" series is that they don't just use stars--they always have people like Charlie Weiss, Troy Brown, Lawyer Milloy who aren't stars, aren't well known outside the market, but provide a really unique perspective.  One of my favorite non-Patriot's episodes is the 1969 KC Chiefs team.  Even younger fans at least recognize names like Lenny Dawson and Willie Lanier, but how much did you know Jim Lynch prior to watching "America's Game?"

Anyway, I have the ultimate, super-awesomest suggestion ever for who to include for the next Patriot's SB win interview: Director of Football Research, Ernie Adams.  If there's one person in that organization I want to hear, get insight from, really understand their perpsective and part in the process, it's Adams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Laz, how about picking some combination of three current Patriots players and/or staff members to narrate?

Sections
Shortcuts