Who would be the three people to narrate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Who would be the three people to narrate

..."America's Game" if the Patriots win the next Super Bowl? These are my candidates:

Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, Matt Light, Wes Welker, Kevin Faulk, Leigh Bodden, Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren, Jerod Mayo.

I think Randy Moss is a lock to be a narrator since traditionally this "America's Game" series features Hall of Fame players, and Moss is an established veteran who is a lock to be inducted into Canton someday. On the other hand, Vince Wilfork strikes me as a player that would be used to narrate. He has a magnetic pull whenever he speaks. His words are very intense and he does well to give insight into a particular moment. Add onto the fact that he is a great player, a great person, he just signed a big contract with New England and he'll be a true leader of the team in 2010, I think Big Vince would be a lock to commentate on "America's Game". 

Now for the final member. Matt Light is a good candidate because he's been with the team for three Super Bowl wins already and he is an outgoing, funny guy. On the other hand though, he is entering a contract year and many believe he is on the outs with Sebastian Vollmer on the rise. So, there would sort of be an awkward recall if Matt were to be used in one of these specials while still playing for another team, don't you think? Wes Welker could be a trendy pick for most fans, but the fact that he's coming off of a season where he is recovering from a knee surgery and is likely to miss some time bothers me. How much will Wes Welker contribute to the team throughout the entire season if he misses some time? Is it enough to justify being one of three player commentators? I'm not so sure. His somewhat reserved demeanor might not make for great commentary either. Kevin Faulk, like Matt Light, has been with the Patriots since before Bill Belichick and Tom Brady even arrived on the scene. Surely he'd be in high consideration, but at his age, and on his final year in the NFL, in a role that might not be broad enough for NFL Films to lend itself to, is Faulk the best option to go along with Randy and Vince? Who knows. There are other choices in Ty Warren, Tully Banta-Cain, and Leigh Bodden, but none of those names strike anyone as household or dominating.

In the end, I think it would come down to Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. All three have been huge since the last Super Bowl the Pats were apart of in 2008, and presuming they win this next one in 2011, I think it would only make sense to have that combination of guys tell their stories. Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weis have been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Who would be the three people to narrate

Let's get there.  We should be so fortunate if we ever have such a "dilemma"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Really?!?  No Tom Brady in this discussion?  I'm pretty sure he'd be a lock with Moss...  My three would be Brady, Moss, Wilfork.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

^^^^^

Relax. Reread. Taken from my original post:

"Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weis have been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Moss, Welker, Wilfork

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Who would be the three people to narrate:
    ..."America's Game" if the Patriots win the next Super Bowl? These are my candidates: Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, Matt Light, Wes Welker, Kevin Faulk, Leigh Bodden, Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren, Jerod Mayo. I think Randy Moss is a lock to be a narrator since traditionally this "America's Game" series features Hall of Fame players, and Moss is an established veteran who is a lock to be inducted into Canton someday. On the other hand, Vince Wilfork strikes me as a player that would be used to narrate. He has a magnetic pull whenever he speaks. His words are very intense and he does well to give insight into a particular moment. Add onto the fact that he is a great player, a great person, he just signed a big contract with New England and he'll be a true leader of the team in 2010, I think Big Vince would be a lock to commentate on "America's Game".  Now for the final member. Matt Light is a good candidate because he's been with the team for three Super Bowl wins already and he is an outgoing, funny guy. On the other hand though, he is entering a contract year and many believe he is on the outs with Sebastian Vollmer on the rise. So, there would sort of be an awkward recall if Matt were to be used in one of these specials while still playing for another team, don't you think? Wes Welker could be a trendy pick for most fans, but the fact that he's coming off of a season where he is recovering from a knee surgery and is likely to miss some time bothers me. How much will Wes Welker contribute to the team throughout the entire season if he misses some time? Is it enough to justify being one of three player commentators? I'm not so sure. His somewhat reserved demeanor might not make for great commentary either. Kevin Faulk, like Matt Light, has been with the Patriots since before Bill Belichick and Tom Brady even arrived on the scene. Surely he'd be in high consideration, but at his age, and on his final year in the NFL, in a role that might not be broad enough for NFL Films to lend itself to, is Faulk the best option to go along with Randy and Vince? Who knows. There are other choices in Ty Warren, Tully Banta-Cain, and Leigh Bodden, but none of those names strike anyone as household or dominating. In the end, I think it would come down to Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker. All three have been huge since the last Super Bowl the Pats were apart of in 2008, and presuming they win this next one in 2011, I think it would only make sense to have that combination of guys tell their stories. Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weis have been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVn1Pwzplnk
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick

I just posted what I see for your original post, looks like the first paragraph got cut off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

The first paragraph isn't really cut off, it's structured so that the title leads the reader directly into the post. By cutting off my title with a ..., there is a draw that makes people want to read what the rest of the sentence says. You know what I mean?

And this:

"Already Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Milloy, Rodney Harrison, and Charlie Weishave been used as team commentators for "America's Game" and they cannot be used again in the series. So, with that in mind, who do you think are the three most likely people to help narrate "America's Game" if New England wins Super Bowl XLV?"

...is at the end of my original post, so it's been there for everyone to see from the very beginning. The point is, Tom Brady is not an option for future New England Patriots "America's Game" specials because he has already been used in one before. Unless the people at NFL Films allow Tom Terrific to commentate again, (which is unlikely), then he is not in consideration.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Alright, THIS Question is an overall no-brainer in my book...YET clearly, One would need a full Commentator Cast outlined in order to proceed.

So O.k., Like I said the "Main Booth" Announcers are obvious: Marv Albert gets the nod over Al Michaels.  Howard Stern gets the nod over both Jerry Seinfeld, Rodney Dangerfield, & even George Carlin.  Then rounding out the trio is Jesus-Who is a shoe-in over Muhammed (because Al Michaels is the black & white commentator), and barely eeks Moses (because Howard Stern is Jewish).

Moving along now, John Madden's an id!ot, Joe Buck's a nobody, Tony Kornheiser's name is too weird, Joe Theisman doesn't know how to sh^t up, and Mike Tirico and Jim Nantz are like poor men's "Marv Albert's", and because Al Michael's ego would get in the way of Marv Albert's ego, and finally because it's sorta unfair that Troy Aikman had such a successful career and is now showing actual promise as an NFL announcer too...ALL these guys are O-U-T, out, out, and Out......except for soon-to-be-obvious reasons, Joe Theisman.

So now, As On-the-Sideline Reporters, We're goin with Joe Theisman and Phil Simms=2 mor#ns.  Now, we'll be teaming these mor#ns with 2 bimb0s: Theisman on 1 sideline with a Penthouse Centerfold, and Simms on another sideline with a Hustler centerfold.

So now, We got that part done...AND when every 2nd OTHER intersperse, rather than going from the Main Booth to either of our sideline reporters, We're going to the Color Commentator duo...O.J. Simpson & Jimmy the Greek.  Each will get 30 seconds, where they'll try to make sense, but in the end, dig themselves a self-wrought grave(s) through their varying eloquent racist &/or ignorant &/or criminal confessional ramblings...  So that's done.

FINALLY, Commentating on ALL the commentators will be Adam Carrola and Jimmy Kimmel, who I have complete faith in tearing into each and any and ALL of them.  Lastly, Commercials will be made up of Martha Stewart & Peyton Manning, together with Sam Kinison & Bobcat Goldthwait (when they were younger and/or still breathing).  The commercials will be backdropped in the expanse of a junkyard/city dump, Where Manning & Stewart will attempt to hock anything and everything from apple pies to used transmissions, while at the same time, Goldthwait & Kinison will be allowed to do anything whatsoever to distract the Peyton Manning/Martha Stewart team trying to sell America on the cr#p they're being paid to sell to Americans...  Physical violence will be tolerated towards either glorified used carsalesman...  
         And that's that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

^^^^

You are seriously off the grid. I'm not sure I understand which Patriots players you'd be choosing to narrate the series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Who would be the three people to narrate:
    ^^^^ You are seriously off the grid. I'm not sure I understand which Patriots players you'd be choosing to narrate the series.

Sheez, Why didn't you say that you were looking for ONLY Pat's Players tto narrate their upcoming 2011 Lombardi Season, In the first place?  See, I thought BOTH the process of selection and actual player choice, far too obvious to even mention:

Alright, FIRST off We're looking for a BIG-TIME personality & a pretty current one at that...So to make things easy, We'll ONLY target those Patriots who have had utterly EXCEPTIONAL tenured careers with New England:  Pats players BOTH Drafted within the past 20 years AND Very Early, mostly 1st rd or early 2nd rd choices...Players who were hyped to BE the very best and WERE the very best in the entire sport.  Also, we'd ideally want to target announcers/narrators who were former NE Patriot super-stars, ALL over the field of play...  Guys who can share their innate & intimate superior knowledge of the little vastly important nuances of the game at each of their respective positions...let's say 3 Offensive NE Announcers & 3 purely Defensive NE Announcers.

This, at least to me, Is a piece a' cake...

On Offense:
    Ya gotta start where it all lives and dies first, With the 'Big Uglies' in the trenches...  Imho, this one's a close-y:  At first, ya wanna go with future HOF'er Eugene Chung because he was selected with the 13th overall seletion in 1990, starting ALL but 1 game for 2 whole seasons before Parcell's just threw away his exceptional talent, buuut I'll go with 2nd rd stud OT, Adrian Klemm in 2000.

For the next 2, ya want a guy @ a skill position...Either TightEnd or Wide Receiver, Quarterback or Runningback.  Wow, as most long-timers would wanna go with U of Florida''s stud wideout pro-bowler, Chad Jackson...I'm gonna keep the annoucer-thing old school, AND go with the 13th overall selection in the 1989 NFL Draft, Wide Receiver- Hart Lee Dykes.  Now because this dude had 2 UN-real seasons before injuring his eye in a barroom brawl, then battling through adversity to come back the following 3rd year of his total career (which ended after he ruptured his knee in a preseason game)-TO Me at least, He was and IS worth the nod. 

Boy, roundin' out this Offensive dream-team will be a nightmare...  Although BOTH WR P.K. Sam and WR Bethel Johnson had great careers, Sam was a 4th rder and even though Johnson was a 2nd rder, I'd IDEALLY wanna target guys that play behind the LOS at either QB or RB in order to get their perspective genius(es) working over at those critical positiona areas, ya know?  First, where TE Benjamin Watson (1st rder), didn't come through on the actual field of play, He DID make up for that on the actual important total time he WAS a NE Patriot...AND Where RB Robert Edwards (1st rder), didn't come through on the actual total TIME he was a Patriot, He DID himself make up for THIS with his 1 very productive season...Yeeet, we gotta go with 2! ENTIRE Offensive Draft CLASSES in the end here on this one (this'll be a reader's choice selection phone in):  Together in 2006 & 2007, We're talkin' 19! Total Draft Selections here, On offense ALONE-we got RBs-Lawrence Maroney, Justice Hairston, WR-Chad Jackson, TEs-David Thomas, Garret Mills, and O-Lineman-Clint Oldenburg, Ryan O'Callaghan, Dan Stevenson Corey Hilliard AND Mike Elgin...How can ya even lose!  And soooo, THIS is why I choose 4th rd QB, Kevin O'Connel. 

Now, Defense is 10 X easier imho...
    Ideally, ya want 1 D-Lineman, 1 LB and another guy in the secondary...

D-Lineman:  In 1990 NE did the decade altering move in our favor of trading to Seattle, NE's 3rd overall pick in Rd1, For Seattle's 10th overall rd 1 selection...  Seattle got some guy named Cortez Kennedy for their D-Line, where NE got DE Ray Agnew.  Now, c'mon...Agnew accumulated almost 10, but a little less than 9 and a little less than 8 as well-TOTAL Sacks during his fantastic NE run, where pssh-Cortez Kennedy? WhoTH even KNOWS how few sacks that no-name guy had...?  Hold on, I'll look....  Oh, 58 (with 668 tackles). 

Moving along now...Please-Linebacker?  Whereas I kept it "old school before with Hart Lee Dykes over Chad Jackson, I'll get some younger blood in here, with MORE recent LB-Andy Katzenmoyer getting the nod over LB Chris Singleton...  And although Katz's 28th overall selection and 24 games where he actually stepped foot on the field, isn't as impressive as Singleton's 8th overall selection and 4 Total Career Sacks...Singleton did donate bone marrow to his brother to save his life, and that's cool enough to save him from this HOF Draft dream-team.

Secondary...Wow, so many choices.  Yet, Ya gotta end it with the best of the best callin' plays for NE's Lombardi Team this year...  Ty Law, you ask?  Are YOU crazy...I'm goin with another 1st rder:  CB Chris Canty....Sure he only had 1 career INT, but he played MORE than 1 season in his long time as a Patriots (A: 2).

There ya have it...(was there any OTHER choices):  Adrian Klemm, Hart Lee Dykes, & Kevin O'Connel teamed WITH: Ray Agnew, Andy Katzenmoyer & Chris Canty...wow-e-WOW (that's a spread)!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

laz...i think they have to be players that would have played on the championship team... so moss welker wilfork would def be...the primaries

but as far as the broadcast... that was hilarious! imagine if they did have phil and joe with some bunnies on the side line..for every sideline report..lmao

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Who would be the three people to narrate:
    ^^^^ You are seriously off the grid. I'm not sure I understand which Patriots players you'd be choosing to narrate the series.

You'll have to excuse Laz.

He means well, but linear communication is not his strong suit.
    Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I think Moss is an obvious choice, not only for his appeal outside NE, but because he's so engaging and "juicy" when he chooses to speak publically--he's a story-teller and a jokester.

One of the things I love about the "America's Game" series is that they don't just use stars--they always have people like Charlie Weiss, Troy Brown, Lawyer Milloy who aren't stars, aren't well known outside the market, but provide a really unique perspective.  One of my favorite non-Patriot's episodes is the 1969 KC Chiefs team.  Even younger fans at least recognize names like Lenny Dawson and Willie Lanier, but how much did you know Jim Lynch prior to watching "America's Game?"

Anyway, I have the ultimate, super-awesomest suggestion ever for who to include for the next Patriot's SB win interview: Director of Football Research, Ernie Adams.  If there's one person in that organization I want to hear, get insight from, really understand their perpsective and part in the process, it's Adams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Laz, how about picking some combination of three current Patriots players and/or staff members to narrate?