Who would Surrender Pick 31 for Arian Foster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Who would Surrender Pick 31 for Arian Foster?

Only thing I'd add is that Houston has a very good back-up in Tate and are more likely to accept the departure of Foster than most think. I also feel the same way about Williams; they have depth on the D Line and LB corps and can afford to let him go, but the texans are in contention right now and have to keep their players to contend. The Texans are just another team that has to lose players and still contend with the cap.

Ideally I'd take MJD over Foster, but i really doubt pocket Hercules is available.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Who would Surrender Pick 31 for Arian Foster?:
    Having a back like Drew would make this team devastating. Teams like the Giants would never be able to play d like they did in the super bowl or they would be run all over (provided that we actually run) . It would also greatly open up the passing game. IMO having a back like him would improve this offense more than a "deep threat". The 2004 team was an example, clock killing Corey Dillon eating up the clock on the 9 minute drive to ice the Colts in the play-offs, Brady play action to Branch against the Steelers ect...
    Posted by sporter81

BINGO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We just drafted a RB in the second round last year, and one in the 3rd. So are they a bust and we must cough up a 1st rounder now as compensation for a back?

Also, BB likes to trade away the extra high pick for something lower now and future considerations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Who would Surrender Pick 31 for Arian Foster?:
    We just drafted a RB in the second round last year, and one in the 3rd. So are they a bust and we must cough up a 1st rounder now as compensation for a back? Also, BB likes to trade away the extra high pick for something lower now and future considerations.
    Posted by BabeParilli

No, they aren't busts. Some folks will always gravitate to the available big names, even if they make little sense as is the case with Foster. Unless they are radically changing their offensive approach, giving up a first rounder and likely in excess of $10 mm a year for a running back is certifiably dumb. 

Even if they were changing their approach, it would be a mistake in my view. Their current RBs are fine and RBs are as fungible as any position in the game. Why give up all that for marginal gain? 

Sections
Shortcuts