1. C. J. Spiller, RB, Clemson 5'11-195 lbs. Though he split carries with James Davis most of his career he put up some pretty impressive numbers, as a freshman he rushed for 938 yards and 12 TD's. On top of that he has some of the best hands ever to come out of College and could be a threat catching passes as much as running the ball a true double threat back and my favorite RB in the draft not named Best. Patriots would have to move up to 10-15 to get him. They obviously have the picks needed to make that move but I think it would be worth it. He is a Chris Johnson Clone!
2. Jon Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech 6' 235 lbs. A traditional RB who gains his yards between the tackles. Should be a solid Pro.
3. Demarco Murray, RB, 6'1" 214 Solid All around back can find the edge easily and has good hands.
4. Toby Gerhardt, RB, Stanford 6'1" 235 lbs. A straight-ahead runner who is best between the tackles, Gerhart has good vision, making him able to read blocks well. He is powerful and runs with good pad level.
5. Jahvid Best, RB, California 5'10" 195lbs. Best possess an excellent inside quickness that enables him to hit the holes in a hurry something the Patriots have lacked since Curtis Martin. He has a special talent for cutting back in traffic, and gets top speed (4.42) as quickly as any back in the country. Fast enough to get to the corner before the defender arrives, Not only able to break tackles on the outside, but he is elusive in space with shifty hips and the ability to shake off defenders. Has rocket speed if in the open that will out run most defenders. With good overall balance well after making a move or running through arm tackles, Best is a good receiver out of the backfield.
He is a liability in pass protection; he tends to throw his shoulder instead of moving his feet to get in position for the block. Best needs to prove he can get the tough yards inside. He has the combination of size (if he bulks up a bit) and speed NFL teams covet. He has first round talent and should be the second back selected after Georgia Tech's Jonathan Dwyer. My Favorite RB in the Draft but not going to be attainable for the Patriots as he will go in top 6 picks likely.