Who would you have picked at #48?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Who would you have picked at #48?

No mythical trades, just looking at who was left who would your pick be? I'll go with Kendall Reyes

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Who would you have picked at #48?

Well, I would have picked Travon Wilson...seriously if that's who BB believes in then go for it. We didn't have very much ammunition to move back, and perhaps no one to trade with, so I think BB saw something in the kid and said take em' Stories are out there that he would have been drafted in the 5th as 6-7 teams had an eye on him. Sure, if we had more late round picks, and or some trading partners, perhaps we could have snagged him later.

Remember, at this stage, ALL picks are neither good or bad as we need to see them play over 3-4 years before a grade can be issued. We can say it was a "reach" sure but time will tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Who would you have picked at #48?":
    Well, I would have picked Travon Wilson...seriously if that's who BB believes in then go for it. We didn't have very much ammunition to move back, and perhaps no one to trade with, so I think BB saw something in the kid and said take em' Stories are out there that he would have been drafted in the 5th as 6-7 teams had an eye on him. Sure, if we had more late round picks, and or some trading partners, perhaps we could have snagged him later. Remember, at this stage, ALL picks are neither good or bad as we need to see them play over 3-4 years before a grade can be issued. We can say it was a "reach" sure but time will tell. Posted by NoMorePensionLooting
    I'm not saying BB was wrong. I'm just curious what players people liked best there. I didn't hear anyone asking for Wilson pre draft so I assume everyone would have picked someone else, or had a position they wanted addressed first. Regardless of where anyone was rated we'll see when they play. I put it out there I would pick Reyes. If he's a bust I can take it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Fair enough. OK, I don’t think Travon was on the board at the beginning of the second round. My guess is the Pats targeted a tall receiver. I would say Brian Quick, Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffery. I’ll bet it was Quick. After that they surveyed the landscape and rolled the dice on Travon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you have picked at #48?:
    Well, I would have picked Travon Wilson...seriously if that's who BB believes in then go for it. We didn't have very much ammunition to move back, and perhaps no one to trade with, so I think BB saw something in the kid and said take em' Stories are out there that he would have been drafted in the 5th as 6-7 teams had an eye on him. Sure, if we had more late round picks, and or some trading partners, perhaps we could have snagged him later. Remember, at this stage, ALL picks are neither good or bad as we need to see them play over 3-4 years before a grade can be issued. We can say it was a "reach" sure but time will tell.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

I agree upon the lack of ammo: to me BB pulled the trigger because he found no one to trade that first 2nd round pick and knew he would trade the 2nd one for 3rd day picks. But I ask myself: if he needed so badly draft picks for the 3rd day why trading up twice in the first place?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Reyes, Still or Worthy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

DB - Either CB Trumaine Johnson or FS George Iloka. Although there were still plenty of DE or DTs that I would have been happier with than what was picked. I was all in on defense, but there were some pretty good receivers or OLinemen I would have been happier (at this time) with. I reserve the right to be happy about it later if BB is right.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Jared crick was considered a first round pick until the injury. He is going to better than people expect a fourth of fifth round pick to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

Fair enough. OK, I don’t think Travon was on the board at the beginning of the second round. My guess is the Pats targeted a tall receiver. I would say Brian Quick, Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffery. I’ll bet it was Quick. After that they surveyed the landscape and rolled the dice on Travon.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

Its the 2nd round, why do you need to roll the dice with someone that 'nobody' was interested in?  With a later pick in the same round?  The Wilson pick makes 'zero' sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats boxed themselves in when they traded up and did not take a S. they need to come away with 2 between draft and FA. Using a first rounder on a S would have given them more flexibility in round 2. The Pats traded out of rd 2 speaks volumes how they think about the S drop off after Wilson. I have to think the D is going to be "bend but don't break" again this year, which is double speak for our safeties stink again. Does Chung, Gregory, Wilson and most likely Ihedigbo give anyone confidence, especially McCourty, Ras and Arrington?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

alfonso Dennard who was at one time considered a top 20 pick. but got arressted last week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Konz, but then again, Im not BB...

Last I checked, BB knows what's best for his team. If he drafted Wilson, he obviously saw something in him.

How are you going to complain about BB grabbing a Safety with the scrubbs on our roster at that position?

Time will tell if this pick was a major reach or a great pick up. Declaring it "terrible" a day after picking the guy is just not right. Give the kid time in the system, see what he can do on the field before deciding he is a bust/success.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Me... trade Wes and sign me to a 5 year 18 mill contract. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

alfonso Dennard who was at one time considered a top 20 pick. but got arressted last week.
    Posted by dblock33644

Nice

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Devon Still----watched tape on him----put him next to Wilfork with Spikes and Hightower in the middle and no one running between the tackles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I had them selecting Dennard at 48,so with that being said I'll just look at Wilson as a 7th round pick!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Konz, but then again, Im not BB... Last I checked, BB knows what's best for his team. If he drafted Wilson, he obviously saw something in him. How are you going to complain about BB grabbing a Safety with the scrubbs on our roster at that position? Time will tell if this pick was a major reach or a great pick up. Declaring it "terrible" a day after picking the guy is just not right. Give the kid time in the system, see what he can do on the field before deciding he is a bust/success.
    Posted by GadisRKO

Since I'm not an NFL GM and don't really know my a $$ from the first down marker about who is the better pick I'll go with BB's pick.  The above post pretty much sums it up for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

And the winner, with ten votes is....

Devon Still-Who went at 53 to the Bengals

Other notables

Konz- (7 votes), 55 to the Falcons

Reyes- (6 votes), 49 to the Chargers

Heyward- 62 to the Packers

Curry- 59 to the Eagles

Sanu- 83 (3rd round) Bengals

Trumaine Johnson- 65- (3rd round) Rams

And of course, Dennard 7th round Pats

It'll be interesting to see how some of these guys do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

And the winner, with ten votes is.... Devon Still-Who went at 53 to the Bengals Other notables Konz- (7 votes), 55 to the Falcons Reyes- (6 votes), 49 to the Chargers Heyward- 62 to the Packers Curry- 59 to the Eagles Sanu- 83 (3rd round) Bengals Trumaine Johnson- 65- (3rd round) Rams And of course, Dennard 7th round Pats It'll be interesting to see how some of these guys do.
    Posted by shenanigan

of those id go sanu 1st, then reyes or still then johnson or heyward.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you have picked at #48? : Its the 2nd round, why do you need to roll the dice with someone that 'nobody' was interested in?  With a later pick in the same round?  The Wilson pick makes 'zero' sense.
    Posted by dwtime

Everyone criticised the Seahawks Irvin pick but not it's coming to light that the Jets were going to take him a pick later and 4 other teams would had taken him in the 1st round.

Wilson had a number of teams work him out.  You can never say because the "experts" don't have a player ranked that he doesn't belong.

Most of those guys do not do scouting year round, they have a limited time to look at film off 400+ players.  They go after big names and then work back.  Sounds like the Patiots scouted all his film and saw a guy who can play CB/FS/SS has decent speed and a lot of experience.  

You follow your board if Wilson is the highest ranked player at a position of need the plan for the draft is go after need then the Pats did the right thing.  BB will always (good or bad) trust his board and draft plan.

Sections
Shortcuts