Who would you keep, Brady or BB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB?

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB?:
    In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : Just for clarification - the Brady's GF thing was a perhaps too well veiled reference to his wife's comment after the SB about TB not being able to both throw and catch the passes. It made me think of you and how you idolize him to the degree that diminishes the rest of the team and the coach and the GM.
    Posted by portfolio1

It was a silly remark. No big deal. It reflects more harshly on yourself than me to anybody with a brain.

And she was absolutely right.

Brady is the key guy. A great coach is nice. A great team is too. But in this NFL the elite QB is supreme. That's why Manning is getting $90 mil at age 36 with a bum neck. The elite QBs ar invaluable. If you've been watching this game as long as you claim you should know that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe's wild lusting for Tom Brady is what discounts his opinions to rational and knowledgable football fans here. It's stunning he's older and in his 60s. He sounds like some 15 year old kid.
    Posted by BassFishing

Saying a fan lusts for the best player in team history because he appriciates the greatness of his play is what a 15 year old kid would say Albert.

You have no clue how this game or this league works and that's why you bash Brady and praise the mediocre GM. You're a clown. That's why I like you here. It's so stupid it's hilarious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yes, I enjoy watching my QB throw horrendously bad INTs in the playoffs the last 2 years and you simultaneously proclaiming that he is the most important player on the field.  lol Talk about the definition of stupid. We're still waiting on the GMs you feel are superior, Beatrice.
    Posted by BassFishing

Spare us. You call perfect passes tipped by the receiver horrendous INTs as long as Brady threw it.

I've given the better GMs to you numerous times. All those who have won SBs since we did. Pretty simple stuff numbnuts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I think you two need your own forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : Spare us. You call perfect passes tipped by the receiver horrendous INTs as long as Brady threw it. I've given the better GMs to you numerous times. All those who have won SBs since we did. Pretty simple stuff numbnuts.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Wow, you have really diagnosed the common denominator in what makes a better GM then Bill Belichick. It is simply "All those who have won SBs since we did. Pretty simple stuff numbnuts."

Way to go out on a limb.

I bet you never go back and read anything you write. You would then have to hold yourself accountable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : Wow, you have really diagnosed the common denominator in what makes a better GM then Bill Belichick. It is simply " All those who have won SBs since we did. Pretty simple stuff numbnuts." Way to go out on a limb. I bet you never go back and read anything you write. You would then have to hold yourself accountable.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Okay genius. You show me your in depth proof that BB is the greatest GM.

Here's your big chance to show me what for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think you two need your own forum.
    Posted by jeffab

I guess you could say Rusty is the spearhead for the idiots as I am for the sensible. But the other sensible posters contribute much to his constant demise as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : I guess you could say Rusty is the spearhead for the idiots as I am for the sensible. But the other sensible posters contribute much to his constant demise as well.
    Posted by BabeParilli

The first comments you made on your own post were "I know. It's a tough question." 

How then is a strongly held differing opinion from yours either surprising or non-sensible?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

This swath on Gomer's forehead rivals the capacity of Babe's logic:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : You can do that. I'll stick with the obvious facts that blow you out of the water. BB is 1 for 7 making the playoffs without Brady. He is 9 out of 10 making the playoffs with him, he has gone to the SB half the seasons with Brady, none without him. I'll make it simple for you. If you have the elite QB in the NFL you are very likely to win a lot. If you don't, you won't. It's not a perfect rule, but it's close enough to perfect for the likes of you.
    Posted by BabeParilli

blah blah.... and brady has never won a playoff game without BB. You can't honestly say that brady has played well in the past 5 years during the playoffs. in fact he has been down right horrible in several of those games. as someone pointed out the other day brady was only throwing for 150-160 yards a game in his first couple of seasons yet the Patriots still won the super bowl.. do you think that had more to do with brady or belichick? you have been smoked in this debate, its over.. brady is good but not as good as you claim and BB is far superior and deserves much more credit as a coach and gm than what you give him.. 

now go ahead and begin the name calling, its ok with me lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : Just for clarification - the Brady's GF thing was a perhaps too well veiled reference to his wife's comment after the SB about TB not being able to both throw and catch the passes. It made me think of you and how you idolize him to the degree that diminishes the rest of the team and the coach and the GM. As for Parilli - I saw him play too. Live. And while I was rooting for him and while he sometimes had a good game he really was nothing special. Not even special in what was a weaker league (AFL) - while the AFL caught up with the NFL, Parilli's year's in the AFL were at a time when they had not yet caught up (I don't think they really caught up till the 1969 season which ended with the Chiefs beating the Vikings). Nor was he a top 4 QB in a league with only 10 teams! Certainly Hadl, Dawson, Lamonica, Namath (ouch that hurt), Blanda and Greise were better (that is 6 for those counting). I guess that makes him average at best in a weak league. So while I rooted for him he just was not that good. OK. But not good. Decent. But not good. Wish he was really good. But he wasn't. Just our QB and we liked him.  I like that he is remembered. I liked him too. But I just found it perhaps too easy a remark to make as your posts are most often comprised of insults or one off anecdotes in lieu of statistically meaningful analysis. Often. NOT ALWAYS. I think reading so many posts by you that would best be described as rants and too many that insulted others I just got weak and got insulting too. Not a good thing. But I suspect there are some here who understand how one might respond to you that way after a dozen or more reads. ANd that would be reads in a single thread.
    Posted by portfolio1

Exactly! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : Okay genius. You show me your in depth proof that BB is the greatest GM. Here's your big chance to show me what for.
    Posted by BabeParilli

You've been shown that hundreds of times in the last month but its not sinking in. 

Bill Belichick is without question the best coach and GM but you refuse to accept it. What exactly is wrong with you anyways?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : blah blah.... and brady has never won a playoff game without BB. You can't honestly say that brady has played well in the past 5 years during the playoffs. in fact he has been down right horrible in several of those games. as someone pointed out the other day brady was only throwing for 150-160 yards a game in his first couple of seasons yet the Patriots still won the super bowl.. do you think that had more to do with brady or belichick? you have been smoked in this debate, its over.. brady is good but not as good as you claim and BB is far superior and deserves much more credit as a coach and gm than what you give him..  now go ahead and begin the name calling, its ok with me lol.
    Posted by sporter81

That is about right, he averaged 168 yards per game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Stupid question: it's like asking which parent you'd choose! Sorry can't do it. They are the best duo, so why even go there. I don't like what ifs,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : blah blah.... and brady has never won a playoff game without BB.
    Posted by sporter81

More brilliance from the stooge faction.

Well, Brady has only played for BB so we don't know for sure what he would do without him. I'm betting Brady could win a playoff game or two with the team that would sign him as the highest paid player in the NFL if he left, dum bass. Of course we DO KNOW what BB has done without Brady. Not well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Stupid question: it's like asking which parent you'd choose! Sorry can't do it. They are the best duo, so why even go there. I don't like what ifs,
    Posted by laurienyc13

I understand your reluctance to participarte.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Posted by laurienyc13

+1.....Couldn't agree more!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : You've been shown that hundreds of times in the last month but its not sinking in.  Bill Belichick is without question the best coach and GM but you refuse to accept it. What exactly is wrong with you anyways?
    Posted by 15315k

Hi Rusty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : The first comments you made on your own post were "I know. It's a tough question."  How then is a strongly held differing opinion from yours either surprising or non-sensible?
    Posted by stegall85

Why? Because so many have the erroneous perception of BB as a great GM. If you subtract the false GM accolades then the original question isn't so tough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : He doesn't hold Brady accountable for anything, why would he hold himself accountable as a horrendous moron?
    Posted by BassFishing

I certainly hold Brady accountable. I hold him accountable for being the top rated QB in the AFC, passing the all-time yardage mark, tying the most TDs in a playoff game and bringing us to a SB for the 5th time in 10 seasons at the helm.

And I hold BB accountable too. I hold him accountable for building the worst rated Pats' D in history.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : Not me, Einstein.  They probably should move you from Shady Acres to Red Tree Hill, where they combine the mentally ill AND the indigent.
    Posted by BassFishing

It's you. Nincompoop.

nincompoop
    n
     a stupid person; fool; idiot

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : Why? Because so many have the erroneous perception of BB as a great GM. If you subtract the false GM accolades then the original question isn't so tough.
    Posted by BabeParilli

My point was simply that you were the one who characterized it as a "tough" question. That pre-supposes that there are valid opinions on both sides yet you also characterize the opposing position as not being sensible.

It's not a resolvable issue. It's circular because an astute GM would strive to acquire elite players, like say...Tom Brady, or someone comparable.

Be happy the Pats are lucky enough to have two of the all time greats working together.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : My point was simply that you were the one who characterized it as a "tough" question. That pre-supposes that there are valid opinions on both sides yet you also characterize the opposing position as not being sensible. It's not a resolvable issue. It's circular because an astute GM would strive to acquire elite players, like say...Tom Brady, or someone comparable. Be happy the Pats are lucky enough to have two of the all time greats working together.
    Posted by stegall85

I never characterized how the question was "tough". It's tough for the deluded. I was trying to be nice.

You can have the great coach. I'll take the elite QB and great team builder.

I'm happy as a lark. At least I know why we have fallen short for 7 years now. Unlike the deluded masses that chirp the kool-aide tweet and say it's just too hard to do.

Look, you seem a nice fellow. You WILL see when Brady goes exactly who was who. I'm guaranteeing the key guy was Brady. It's not even really close.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : I certainly hold Brady accountable. I hold him accountable for being the top rated QB in the AFC, passing the all-time yardage mark, tying the most TDs in a playoff game and bringing us to a SB for the 5th time in 10 seasons at the helm. And I hold BB accountable too. I hold him accountable for building the worst rated Pats' D in history.
    Posted by BabeParilli
    Babe, who cares i had hair on my head the last time brady won. Just stop talking about the junk denver game how about the raven game or the big game. (avg at best) LAst year jets (rotten) year before ravens Rotten. 07 Big game rotten, 06 colts all big time games and lost. JUST STOP, The last big game win was 04. ( PS It seem longer then that )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you keep, Brady or BB? : I never characterized how the question was "tough". It's tough for the deluded. I was trying to be nice. You can have the great coach. I'll take the elite QB and great team builder. I'm happy as a lark. At least I know why we have fallen short for 7 years now. Unlike the deluded masses that chirp the kool-aide tweet and say it's just too hard to do. Look, you seem a nice fellow. You WILL see when Brady goes exactly who was who. I'm guaranteeing the key guy was Brady. It's not even really close.
    Posted by BabeParilli

If the reference to it being a tough question in the original post was meant then as sarcasm I missed that. It didn't seem that way, although it's obviously clear which side you're on.

I don't think Brady and BB are separable as they've complimented each other. While I hope BB stays after Brady retires if he doesn't then we'll never know what he'd accomplish going forward without TB. Presumably we also won't see what TB would do elsewhere. Again,I hope not.

I just don't see the point of debating who is better between one of the all-time great QB's and one of the all-time great football minds. It doesn't lend itself to a direct comparison as their roles are complimentary but not the same. Each one has needed the other to succeed.

Sections
Shortcuts