Who would you rather have as QB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Who would you rather have as QB?

Looking at the vocal minority of Brady bashers around here, one wonders just who they would rather have tossing the pigskin for the Olde Town Team.

Other than somebody with more years left in the tank there is nobody I would rather have as QBNEP.

C'mon Rusty, let's hear who your substitute would be. Mallet? LMFAO@U again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Re: Who would you rather have as QB?

In Response to Who would you rather have as QB?:
    [QUOTE]Looking at the vocal minority of Brady bashers around here, one wonders just who they would rather have tossing the pigskin for the Olde Town Team. Other than somebody with more years left in the tank there is nobody I would rather have as QBNEP. C'mon Rusty, let's hear who your substitute would be. Mallet? LMFAO@U again!
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]Anybody who can WIN THE BIG GAME.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I don't think anyone here that is a Pats fan is bashing Brady, more so the system. If you think about it, we have turned into the Colts. Relying on the QB too much, lack of a running game and a sub-par defense.

Would you agree with the statement that we need to take SOME of the pressure off of Tom Brady? Wouldn't having a solid or at least respectable rushing attack aid Brady and our pursuit of a Lombardi trophy? I think it would...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at the vocal minority of Brady bashers around here, one wonders just who they would rather have tossing the pigskin for the Olde Town Team. Other than somebody with more years left in the tank there is nobody I would rather have as QBNEP. C'mon Rusty, let's hear who your substitute would be. Mallet? LMFAO@U again!
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Why Edelman of course!  He could run, throw, catch his own passes and play D.
    SB 47 here we come!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you rather have as QB?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who would you rather have as QB? : Anybody who can WIN THE BIG GAME.
    Posted by CHUBBIE99[/QUOTE]

So you would rather have Eli?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think anyone here that is a Pats fan is bashing Brady, more so the system. If you think about it, we have turned into the Colts. Relying on the QB too much, lack of a running game and a sub-par defense. Would you agree with the statement that we need to take SOME of the pressure off of Tom Brady? Wouldn't having a solid or at least respectable rushing attack aid Brady and our pursuit of a Lombardi trophy? I think it would...
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

A good rushing attack would help but more importantly, so would a good D.
    Last year the D held opposing teams to less than 21pts only 4 times.
    That meant the pressure was always on to score more than 21pts.
    They ultimately had to score 32pts a game to be comfortable.
    It's a little hard to use those RB's very much when you have to score so often.
    Just FYI, the 09 D held the opposing teams to 21 pts or under (12) times.
                 The 08 D held the opposing teams to 21 pts or less (10) times, which made it easier on Cassell.
    2010 sucked too (8x), but last year was the worst ever.
    Most teams run a lot in the second half with a comfortable lead, but they have to be confident that the D is going to hold that lead.
    They played from behind quite a bit, also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You're looking for someone to bash Brady so you can increase your agenda against BB for snubbing the Jets.  Trollish fun...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I remember being really young and watching Bledsoe dude was good but he never as a kid sold me as that QB. 

Enter Tom and his almost Goofy like face. 124-35 since that day. I will take that guy over everyone elses stuff. I mean hell everyone gets outplayed once and awhile but jesus the guy has been on fire for years now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Brady is fine for a couple more years, he's still probably in the top 3 in the league right now even at age 34.  Elite QB's like Brady don't grow on trees. He has his flaws but they all do. Changing the QB at this point wont make them better. I agree with GadisRKO in that most of any "bashing" is directed at the system and not at Brady. This isn't really much of a debate here. 

The Patriots have been clearly the best team in the NFL over the past 10 years. Its due to BB the coach, BB the GM, and having great QB play from Brady. As far as Eli goes, he's obviously good enough to win a super bowl, as are Rodgers, Brees, and hate to say it but Roethlisberger.

Just curious, why all of the BB and Brady threads of late? We are lucky to have both of them and 99.9 percent of Patriots fans wouldn't want either one of them to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Nobody, Brady is great. I agree w/ pezz though I would like to see a better ground gm which would take pressure off TB12 and make him even more effective if that's possible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Brady is fine for a couple more years, he's still probably in the top 3 in the league right now even at age 34.  Elite QB's like Brady don't grow on trees. He has his flaws but they all do. Changing the QB at this point wont make them better. I agree with GadisRKO in that most of any "bashing" is directed at the system and not at Brady. This isn't really much of a debate here.  The Patriots have been clearly the best team in the NFL over the past 10 years. Its due to BB the coach, BB the GM, and having great QB play from Brady. As far as Eli goes, he's obviously good enough to win a super bowl, as are Rodgers, Brees, and hate to say it but Roethlisberger. Just curious, why all of the BB and Brady threads of late? We are lucky to have both of them and 99.9 percent of Patriots fans wouldn't want either one of them to go.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Reason for the threads? To hold people's feet to the fire for their frequent criticism of Brady and to scrutinize the take by many that BB is as good a GM as he is a coach.

People slam Brady around here all the time but then try to pretend they don't. Actually, many of the same question BB's coaching ability incessantly but try to pretend they aren't doing that as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

To think about another QB is ridiculous! Sure, Brady has made some mistakes, but you cannot lay the blame on him for recent postseason failures. There is another part of the team called the defense. When those guys cannot stop a late drive, or even manage a few three and outs it's hard for any QB to be able to carry the team to a title. Back in 04 (the last SB win) they did use the running game more. Clock killin' Corey Dillon was a key to their success. But the flipside is that when they did have to give the ball back there were guys like Willie, Rodney, and Tedy making big defensive plays. Now when they give the ball back it's seven minutes off the clock and seven points for the opposition! That dictates that Brady has to go back to throwing the ball and trying to put up 30 points a game. If the D could make a few stops and force some turnovers maybe they would use the ground game more. I guarantee no other QB could have taken the 2010 and 2011 Patriots to the #1 seed with that D! Those who criticize Brady aren't looking at the big picture. Get another Willie Mac on that defense and once again they'd be able to build a lead then milk the clock late in the game. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

TFB is my choice for sure/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

TB may be the best thing that has happened to this area (sports wise) in the past 20 years. The Krafts should kiss his feet - without him their value approach to everything won't fly. When he is gone there will be a resistance to change...they will try to do business as usual...we will lose...people won't go to the games..and then BOOM!! We will appear like we are the crazy Redskins spending money. It's a business - right now BB and TB get them in the seats. If I owned the pats I'd do the same thing...milk these two for everything they've got.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you rather have as QB? : I can't believe you're in your 60s. You have to be the most immature 60 something on the planet. Go read Gadisrko's post, Corky. Babe Parilli is like Martin Short in that movie Clifford. Acts like he's 10, but is a full grown adult. Here is the emotional and brain development of Babe Parilli: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuFwIhKLsXM
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

I'm immature for pointing out what a clueless stooge you are? I know it sucks for you to have your BS distilled down to it's essence so all the world can see how stark raving mad you are but there's no need to go all age anal about it.

So Albert, you're the #1 Brady basher in Pats' Nation, who would you rather have? Cassel? LMFAO@U again!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]TB may be the best thing that has happened to this area (sports wise) in the past 20 years. The Krafts should kiss his feet - without him their value approach to everything won't fly. When he is gone there will be a resistance to change...they will try to do business as usual...we will lose...people won't go to the games..and then BOOM!! We will appear like we are the crazy Redskins spending money. It's a business - right now BB and TB get them in the seats. If I owned the pats I'd do the same thing...milk these two for everything they've got.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Several teams are tripping over each other to try and bag a will be 36 yo QB with a very risky neck problem at around $90 million for 5 years.

But some very clueless buffoons around the village here gripe about our superstar anyway. It will be sweet to see them cry when he goes and the team goes in the dumper. Can you imagine how many teams fans would die and go to heaven to have Brady?

Believe me, BB will be freaking out when Tommy goes. He isn't an idiot like these jagoffs around here. He knows he struck pure gold with Tommy Boy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you rather have as QB? : I'm immature for pointing out what a clueless stooge you are? I know it sucks for you to have your BS distilled down to it's essence so all the world can see how stark raving mad you are but there's no need to go all age anal about it. So Albert, you're the #1 Brady basher in Pats' Nation, who would you rather have? Cassel? LMFAO@U again!

Sounds great, Clifford!

LOL county!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you rather have as QB? : Several teams are tripping over each other to try and bag a will be 36 yo QB with a very risky neck problem at around $90 million for 5 years. But some very clueless buffoons around the village here gripe about our superstar anyway. It will be sweet to see them cry when he goes and the team goes in the dumper. Can you imagine how many teams fans would die and go to heaven to have Brady? Believe me, BB will be freaking out when Tommy goes. He isn't an idiot like these jagoffs around here. He knows he struck pure gold with Tommy Boy.

Those teams are also poorly run if they sign him. This team isn't. There is a very high probability, which ever moron team signs Gomer, that team will NOT win a SB in the next 2 years.   It's delusional.

If Tom Brady has another weak or mediocre playoff round this year, BB should trade him in his final year of his deal for what should be 2 1st rd picks and turn to Mallett v.s. just letting Brady walk away.

The Colts COULD have activated Gomer's deal this year and traded him. WHy didn't they?  LOL

I know the answer to that.  You probably don't because you just aren't as smart as you think you are.

This next year is a HUGE year for Brady. Can he redeem himself in the postseason? Maybe. Maybe not.   Will Brady realize he needs to be more like a 37 year old John Elway in 1997 and hand it off more now?

Drips like yourself don't get the business side of this and apparently don't care if Brady plays well in the postseason anymore or not, to boot.

BB has rebuilt this club now, the D will be nasty next year, and you're still ok with our QB being otuplayed by wittle Eli Manning in SBs.

BB will not be freaking out when TB goes, just like he didn't panic in 2008 when Brady went down.  BB has two 1st rd picks every year now which basically allows him to come out with a good draft yield.  Tom Brady is not above the team and Tom Brady isn't what the Pats are all about either. It's about TEAM. Team concepts, team play...TEAM.

Go troll elsewhere, Clifford.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Why do you think that you have to defend Tom? He's a first ballot Hall of Famer...and one of the best, if not the best QB of all-time.

Again, you have to qualify your question. Of the QBs 35 years of age or older, none are better than Tom. But, how many QBs at that age will be  starting in the league? They'll be just two...Peyton Manning and Brady. 

Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees are as good or better than Tom, now.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you rather have as QB? :you're still ok with our QB being otuplayed by wittle Eli Manning in SBs.

Well, Eli was playing against our D genius.

Tommy would rip this defense of ours to shreds if he ever played against it. They would have to call the mercy rule or something.

Did you know our D just had it's worst league ranking in history? The 2-14 team ranked better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who would you rather have as QB? :      Why do you think that you have to defend Tom? He's a first ballot Hall of Famer...and one of the best, if not the best QB of all-time.      Again, you have to qualify your question. Of the QBs 35 years of age or older, none are better than Tom. But, how many QBs at that age will be  starting in the league? They'll be just two...Peyton Manning and Brady.       Eli Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees are as good or better than Tom, now.  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Don't you read the posts here? A little band of hoodlums attack Brady at every turn. Led of course by the head stooge Rusty.

And you are nuts if you think Eli is better than Tom. The only one you mention that might be better right now is Rodgers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

NY's offense was pretty hot in the postseason. Our D just fine against that and played balls to the wall agaisnt a very balanced offense, arugbaly the best balanced offense our D faced all year.  If our offense could have actuall finished a drive in the 4th qtr. One drive.

That's all they needed.

FAIL

Brady threw 1 INT. Eli threw ZERO. Brady lost in the battle to Eli Manning and  HE has to live wth giving that opportunity away.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]NY's offense was pretty hot in the postseason. Our D just fine against that and played balls to the wall agaisnt a very balanced offense, arugbaly the best balanced offense our D faced all year.  If our offense could have actuall finished a drive in the 4th qtr. One drive. That's all they needed. FAIL Brady threw 1 INT. Eli threw ZERO. Brady lost in the battle to Eli Manning and  HE has to live wth giving that opportunity away.

If our D could have actually got the stop at the end.... why... we would have won the SB, right Albert?

Or in 2007, or in 2006 (made it to the SB), right? Or in the Giants' regular season game, or the Bills game (go to overtime), right?

If the D just got the endgame stop all those things would have happened, right or wrong?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

C'mon Rusty Boy, WHO would you rather have than Brady. Make a f'n list genius. You bash him all the time. Give us names. Don't be a pussey.

Sections
Shortcuts