who would you rather see in 2nd round of playoffs? INDY or SD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

who would you rather see in 2nd round of playoffs? INDY or SD

since the wildcard matchups are anyones geuss at this point lets look at the rest of the picture.

INDY is a lock at 1
    SD is close at 2 seed 
    so NE and CIN battle for 3 and 4 Baring a collapse

I think if we win Wildcard wknd I would rather play IND i think we have a better chance against them, seeing how we shouldve beat them by a couple TD's back in november, SD looks scary I have a feeling it may be their year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koot. Show Koot's posts

Re: who would you rather see in 2nd round of playoffs? INDY or SD

I'd rather see Indy.  I think Indy's the easier game, and I would like for Indy to have to beat NE and SD to go undefeated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd rather see Indy myself. Want a shot at redemption before the Chargers can have them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

doesn't matter.... san diego always plays lights out in the regular season and choke in the postseason.. imho they both can be had... forget the naysayers have faith in our boys

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodsport. Show goodsport's posts

In Response to Re: who would you rather see in 2nd round of playoffs? INDY or SD:
    [QUOTE]doesn't matter.... san diego always plays lights out in the regular season and choke in the postseason.. imho they both can be had... forget the naysayers have faith in our boys
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

Sorry!  Can't possibly look beyond first game of playoffs this year.  The Pats offense this year is horrible!  The play calling is horrible!  I have not seen this ineptness from the offense in 10 years.  They have two receivers, they have terrible running backs, they have no pass rush, and the secondary is clueless.  The OC belongs in Pop Warner football.  I keep hoping somethings will change in the next game, but it seems that they are what they are!  No passing to tight ends, hand offs to Maroney to go "wide", Brady getting constantly rushed and hit, 50 yard passes to Moss who is always double covered keeping other teams in the game etc etc.  I don't care who they play in the second round, I just hope they can get to the second round!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I would like to see the Pats play Indy in the AFC championship game.  I would like to have as many eyes as possible on the refs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I would like to clinch a playoff spot...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to who would you rather see in 2nd round of playoffs? INDY or SD:
    [QUOTE]since the wildcard matchups are anyones geuss at this point lets look at the rest of the picture. INDY is a lock at 1 SD is close at 2 seed  so NE and CIN battle for 3 and 4 Baring a collapse I think if we win Wildcard wknd I would rather play IND i think we have a better chance against them, seeing how we shouldve beat them by a couple TD's back in november, SD looks scary I have a feeling it may be their year.
    Posted by condog24[/QUOTE]

Assuming the Patriots make the playoffs and win the Wild Card game, they would most likely play at San Diego then at Indy in the AFC game (or vice-versa). 

Because San Diego and Indy are 1-2, Pats will have to play both in consecutive weeks.  (Unless - Pats win PLUS San Diego loses to Cinci OR Indy loses to Baltimore/Denver that first week).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

I would much rather see the chargers. its about coachg matchups. caldwell has proven that he can play chess with anyone and even outwit belichick. sorry but the chargers with norv turner do not scare me as much in a playoff situation. belichick can eat his lunch, plus their running backs do not scare me (specifically tomlinson). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Indy, purely from a travel schedule point of view. Going west is tough. But going west and then coming home and then going on the road again is killer - see 2006. Plus, Indy always starts slow in the divisional round - usually because their starters haven't played a meaningful game in weeks. Best to get them early.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I can't understand why everyone wants to see us in Indy for the divisional round.  Don't you folks realize after all this time that the Pats can't get a fairly officiated game in Indy?  It doesn't matter if we knock the snot out of them -- if the game is between the Pats and the Colts at Indy, the refs will hand the game to Indy.  Simple as that.  Let the Colts take their chances against Cincy or the Ravens.  I think either of those teams can beat them, and the refs might not be so mesmerized as they are when we play the Colts.  Let's take our chances against the Chargers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Playoffs!? Playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs. I just hope the Pats can win a road game.

Just joking. I would rather see the Pats get another shot at the Ponies. It looks as though they are going to be the fourth seed and that could mean a rematch, on the home turf, against the fist pumping, BB wanna be,  "Boy Wonder" and his upstart Broncos. I guess with a little luck, the Pats could still claim the 2nd seed but that looks like too much wishful thinking.

Go Pats! Beat Jacksonville

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: who would you rather see in 2nd round of playoffs? INDY or SD:
    [QUOTE]I can't understand why everyone wants to see us in Indy for the divisional round.  Don't you folks realize after all this time that the Pats can't get a fairly officiated game in Indy?  It doesn't matter if we knock the snot out of them -- if the game is between the Pats and the Colts at Indy, the refs will hand the game to Indy.  Simple as that.  Let the Colts take their chances against Cincy or the Ravens.  I think either of those teams can beat them, and the refs might not be so mesmerized as they are when we play the Colts.  Let's take our chances against the Chargers.
    Posted by LuvsThosePats[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jack420. Show jack420's posts

[QUOTE]doesn't matter.... san diego always plays lights out in the regular season and choke in the postseason.. imho they both can be had... forget the naysayers have faith in our boys
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah - better go back and study your recent history - sure the Chargers haven't made it to the superbowl - but they sure do play well in the playoffs.   You can thank SD for making sure the Colts don't have 2 more rings. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm really surprised by those who say Chargers for two reasons: one, officiating in Indy tends to be, umm, fairly appreciative towards the Colts. Second, Manning under the snap with two minutes to go and a chance to win the game - that's not a sight I want to see. 

Having said that, to be the best you have to beat the best. I don't see the Pats as a Super Bowl champion team this year in a realistic sense, but I do think we could play a spoiler role. Let's put it this way: I don't think we can beat both the Colts and the Chargers, but I think we can take out one of the two. So why not the Colts? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

The Pats don't look like a SB team, you're absolutely right. But then, the Steelers didn't look anything like a SB winning team and won, and the NY Giants were worse, and won. You don't have to be the best team to win the SB, that's the bottom line. Just get hot, get a little lucky (think '86 Pats v. Raiders, all those turnovers by LA), and play strong enough defense, which the Pats have done well the past few weeks. I think they can win this thing. It would definitely make up for the 18-1 team. It would also be great to do it as an underdog

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Definitely Indy.  If they play San Diego they might not get another shot at the Colts.  I really want to see them play the Colts again!

Sections
Shortcuts