Who would you rather see play on Thanksgiving?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Who would you rather see play on Thanksgiving?

Listen I like tradition and history as much as the next guy but the Lions are a bad football team and yet we get stuck watching them year in and year out on turkey day cause they are the game thats on TV. Who would you rather see play on thanksgiving every year? I would rather see a contender every year whether it be the Pats or the Colts or the Steelers or whoever but a contender rather then a P.O.S. Lions team. It would be nice to see a game that matters on Thanksgiving instead of watching a couple of bad teams playing each other.

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from salpointe. Show salpointe's posts

Re: Who would you rather see play on Thanksgiving?

As much as life changes....it is good to have traditions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I agree but I think they should start a new one....with a better team. The Steelers have been in the mix for years so give them the game. Or at least another team thats built for long term success.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Who would you rather see play on Thanksgiving?:
    Listen I like tradition and history as much as the next guy but the Lions are a bad football team and yet we get stuck watching them year in and year out on turkey day cause they are the game thats on TV. Who would you rather see play on thanksgiving every year? I would rather see a contender every year whether it be the Pats or the Colts or the Steelers or whoever but a contender rather then a P.O.S. Lions team. It would be nice to see a game that matters on Thanksgiving instead of watching a couple of bad teams playing each other. Your thoughts?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I don't particularly mind the Lions because I'm used to it but the Schedule makers need to do something to liven these games up a little. GreenBay doesn't cut it anymore and Oakland going to Dallas. What a joke. I suppose if I had a Fantasy Football team going it might not bother me. I agree with your point in basis though. Detroit Sssucks. They need to Draft Someone like Barry Sanders again but I'm not counting on that either.

And Yes..I'd love to see the Pats every Thanksgiving

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think if the NFL was to drop this Dallas/Detroit tired tradition it would be forgotten within a few years.  Every year I think Oh yeah there's football on thanksgiving, then I remember It's two non factor games again fighting for a chance to be the worst team in the playoffs.

Don't play the same teams! Just put good football games on every year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Its not just about finding better teams I think they should try and get some one who has a long history of being in teh hunt. My problem with the Lions are they will never be a consistant threat to make the playoffs so even if they are relivent for a year here and there its not consistant enough for such a primetime game like the Thanksgiving game. I dont know about you but Thanksgiving screams football to me and I just wish I had a good game to watch every year and to look forward to seeing it. Clearly I would love to watch the Pats but I dont think I would want them to hav ethe game every year as it is a short week to prepare and that is a disadvantage but it would be nice to see them once in a while on Thanksgiving. But like last year it was teh Titans VS teh Lions and it was pretty much "lets watch Chris Johnston run all over the Lions" all day long. Not a good game. Get rid of the Lions and pick a team like The Steelers or the pats who will be contending for years to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I dont agree with that last post, I do think having the same team host it every year would be cool I just wish it was a good football team who has a history of staying good and staying in the hunt. The Lions dont fit the bill so cut them loose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

With the games they have on tomorrow,I'd rather see Lucy pulll the ball from Charlie Browns FG's for 6 hours than watch the ppoor excuse for competition these games present........BUt ill watch just the same .Its  football

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The Cowboys are not in the same boat as the Lions, the Cowboys are a team that is at the very least on peoples minds every year so I understand the logic of the Cowboys playing on Thanksgiving but the Lions need to go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Can we televise a line of people waiting to slap the c.r.a.p. out of Leon Airplane style????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

HAHAHAHAHA Airplane style I love it lol

I really dont think we need anothertopic about Leon that guy dominates half the threads on this forum lol lets just have a football conversation abotu Thanksgiving ball. I dont even rememebr the last time I saw a good NFL football game on Thanksgiving.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Lets start a new tradition......The Panty Game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I dont know about you guys but I cant wait for that great Raiders Cowboys matchup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The panty game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

You know you say you want to start a new tradition with a better team well you have to think when the Lions started this tradition they were a good team and cause of free agency it is so hard to predict top teams year in year out so you could for instense pick the steelers but they are an up and down team each year or even the Bengals this year they are good this year you put them on thanksgiving game now next year they are bad you just have to let it go and deal with it Who knows maybe the lions might win tomorrow

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you rather see play on Thanksgiving?:
    The panty game?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Those were some great memories from my childhood/teenage years. You could always count on watching Barry Sanders put on a show on Thanksgiving.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Oh a panty game, I like it lol

The Steelers are not an up and down team, they have been at the very least a good team since the 70's. They might not contend every year but they are always a tough team to play and that is what I am talking about. The Lions are a joke and they will continue to be a joke and I would much rather see a tough team play on thanksgiving then a push over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Lets start a new tradition......The Panty Game
    Posted by harleyroadking103

This is by far the best suggestion.  And they would probably bring the same talent level as Detroit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

i dont know why  the nfl still airs a detroit lions game on turkey day   i can see if they were actually any good but thats not the case

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Jedi!!!!!! You son of a B*tch! (kidding) I am sith b*tch!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you rather see play on Thanksgiving? : This is by far the best suggestion.  And they would probably bring the same talent level as Detroit.
    Posted by shenanigan

Assuming the panty game does not happen, I wish they start a tradition of playing a rematch of the previous conference title games -- nfc and afc. It would probably be compelling on most years, than not.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Ever since the merger (AFL/NFL) the AFC has slowly, but definitely become the superior.  SOOOOO, I think it's time for a change, show your customers a quality product.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

When nobody else wanted to do it,,Detroit stepped up and did in 1934.Get over it people.Tradition,,but then I would`nt expect any of you candya$$ panty wearing O`bama voting pieces of trash to actually know what tradition is, or actually EARNING your place in society.That`s right,,just GIVE you everything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

When nobody else wanted to do it,,Detroit stepped up and did in 1934.Get over it people.Tradition,,but then I would`nt expect any of you candya$$ panty wearing O`bama voting pieces of trash to actually know what tradition is, or actually EARNING your place in society.That`s right,,just GIVE you everything.
    Posted by djbosox2004

What, did somebody p00 p00 in your turkey or somethin?

Sections
Shortcuts