Who would you take if the Pats had the first pick in this years draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Who would you take if the Pats had the first pick in this years draft?

This is just for fun and will never happen but what if the Patriots had the number one pick in the draft this year? Who would you take?

Von Miller? Marcell Dareus? Patrick Peterson? Someone else?
    It's not an easy choice and I think there will be many different answers.

I'm going with Dareus.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Who would you take if the Pats had the first pick in this years draft?

Patrick Peterson. He is the closest thing to a sure thing in the draft IMO. The other two are solid selections as well, though I'm not sure Dareus is the first DL on my board. But yeah, Peterson is nearly the perfect prospect, he already looks like an NFL star...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd agree with ZB on PP.  Impact potential at CB, S and as a return man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

1. Von Miller - hands down the guy is an animal!

2. Patrick Peterson

3. Marcell Dareus

4. A.J. Green

5. Julio Jones

In that order and I'd trade a number of picks to get any one of these 5 because they could improve our playoff chances . . .  playoff teams win on defense and that's why I'd try to get one of the top 3 first.  Maybe give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick to get one of these three guys

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i'd trade down. :P

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you take if the Pats had the first pick in this years draft?:
    i'd trade down. :P
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Yeah. I think I would as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Trade down, otherwise Patrick Peterson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you take if the Pats had the first pick in this years draft?:
    1. Von Miller - hands down the guy is an animal! 2. Patrick Peterson 3. Marcell Dareus 4. A.J. Green 5. Julio Jones In that order and I'd trade a number of picks to get any one of these 5 because they could improve our playoff chances . . .  playoff teams win on defense and that's why I'd try to get one of the top 3 first.  Maybe give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick to get one of these three guys
    Posted by tenace4life

I had Miller and Peterson at the top of my draft board after last year's draft ended, when we did the "wrap" conversation to take early positions on the next year's draft with a rider that Miller needed a strong 2011 to make his case there. I can say this. I have seen a ton of those five guys. I'm a Tiger. My ex is an Aggie, and I watch SEC football like an addiction at a sports bar in New Orleans that plays every single game divided between twenty screens every Saturday. 

They are all great, great players. But I don't think Green, Jones, or Darius are worth first overall for this team. Miller maybe. Peterson definitely. 

And a disclaimer, that is not coming from an LSU homer at all the kid is unreal, he takes games over tackling, defending. I have seen him break off his coverage and nab a pick over a CB covering an underneath route. 

I will say his potential at KR is a little hyped. He is elite with the ball in his hands, but I've seen him drop quite a few, so I question if he has the concentration to be a reliable KR. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

Maybe your dream will come true after the Pats go 1-15 this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Posted by PatsHaterinCO

lol, now you're just making it easy, troll

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Patrick Peterson hands down

60maxpowero.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'd trade down too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

trade down...ans still get nice players

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If I would be able to trade down I would take Paterson, IMO he's a special talent and a 4 down player day 1.  Couldn't even imagine having DM and PP, I would move Bodden to FS with Chung at SS.  That's one heck of a secondary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

1. Von Miller - hands down the guy is an animal! 2. Patrick Peterson 3. Marcell Dareus 4. A.J. Green 5. Julio Jones In that order and I'd trade a number of picks to get any one of these 5 because they could improve our playoff chances . . .  playoff teams win on defense and that's why I'd try to get one of the top 3 first.  Maybe give up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick to get one of these three guys
    Posted by tenace4life

I say offer Carolina our 17th their 2nd & a 3rd next year & draft Peterson.
    Patrick & Devin plus Bodden ( if he is healty ) coming back & our corners are amazing. With 28 draft Houston or the best pass rusher you can.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Who would you take if the Pats had the first pick in this years draft?:
    This is just for fun and will never happen but what if the Patriots had the number one pick in the draft this year? Who would you take? Von Miller? Marcell Dareus? Patrick Peterson? Someone else? It's not an easy choice and I think there will be many different answers. I'm going with Dareus.
    Posted by digger0862

Dareus. Guy's a freaky stud with strength, speed and quickness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by PatsHaterinCO

Come on man. This is a Pats forum.

Sections
Shortcuts