Who would you take now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Who would you take now?

All this draft talk I had to sit down and take a look see under the hood. Drafting is tough? You better believe it. At this point in the season look at the #1s from this years draft. Who would you take now? Any names jump out in your mind as guys you read about every week as stud players? Hopkins in Houston...perhaps...but does he beat out Thompkins? The Rams are already leaking that Tavon Wilson is a bust.

The Pats took a look at 29 and said nahhh...and took Minn deal of #52,83,103 and 229 and turned it into Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan,Josh Boyce and a deal for Blount.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43146/71/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Who would you take now?

Apparently you didn't get the MEMO our GM sucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I did take a long lunch today so I did miss the memo....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Hopefully for you it involved some type of alcoholic liquid!

Just taking a pot shot at our fellow posters who disapprove of our GM. Poor posting etiquette on my part.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

The Rams?...they should talk about busts?...they've sucked for so long and have had such high draft choices, for what, eight years now, they should have been deep into the playoffs for several years ...LMAO

I'm not in love with Wilson, but given where they have drated over that same 7-8 ,year period, I'd gladly put BB's GMing up to their's any day...last time I looked the Rams SUCKED.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All this draft talk I had to sit down and take a look see under the hood. Drafting is tough? You better believe it. At this point in the season look at the #1s from this years draft. Who would you take now? Any names jump out in your mind as guys you read about every week as stud players? Hopkins in Houston...perhaps...but does he beat out Thompkins? The Rams are already leaking that Tavon Wilson is a bust.

The Pats took a look at 29 and said nahhh...and took Minn deal of #52,83,103 and 229 and turned it into Jamie Collins, Logan Ryan,Josh Boyce and a deal for Blount.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43146/71/

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll play because I have been pretty vocal about draft picks I wanted over the years  :p

13' - No secret I wanted interior DT early and actually wanted Collins in the 3rd. So I had Jon Hankins on my list, Marcus Hunt was up there, and the guy I really wanted was John Jenkins. And to be fair they still could have made the trade and gotten any of those guys I listed (Hankins with minor trade up). Now I still have hopes Collins can take over for Mayo's role and Ryan has been decent Boyce is MIA and adding another DT sure couldn't have hurt right now, esp a Jenkins who has started some games anchoring at the NT spot for the Saints

12' - Actually they did what I wanted and moved up to get a pass rusher so I'm perfectly happy  :D

11' - I really wanted Wilkerson and he ended up going to the Jets which killed me. Imagine Wilkerson on this team right now. Now I know the pick ended up turning into either Jones or Hightower but still would have loved to see them move up that 33rd pick back into the first to grab Wilkerson over Ras. Even without Wilkerson I was still hoping for Sheard, Jarvis Jenkins, or Reed over Ras. I think MB wanted Cobb or Bowers too. Actually in the 2nd you almost couldn't go wrong picking DL that year except for Marvin Austin

10' - I'm actually pretty happy with the result but I know Kindle, Misi, and Dunlap were major names discussed on the board

09' - The year that should have been Clay Matthews. Even BB admitted he made a mistake with that one. I don't know a single draft thread poster that wasn't screaming for him to be drafted. Yeah, it still hurts thinking BB admitted he should have by passed his body type numbers for Matthews 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cordarrelle Patterson is the next Randy Moss.  Should have picked him.  Per many on this board, BB is totally dumb for missing out on that guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bigsmellybear's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Rams?...they should talk about busts?...they've sucked for so lone and have had such high draft choices, for what, eight years now, they should have been deep into the playoffs for several years ...LMAO

I'm not in love with Wilson, but given where they have drated over that same 7-8 ,year period, I'd gladly put BB's GMing up to their's any day...last time I looked the Rams SUCKED.

[/QUOTE]

Considering they raided the Skins on the RG3 deal, they can afford a top 10 bust like Tavon Wilson.

Isn't it funny how Mel Kiper can sabotage a team's draft or future? Every year he tunes up that hairpiece and gets on my tv screen babbling about some Combine freak in Indy and then some moron team falls for it.

Football IQ is so important, as is passion for the game and drive to get better.

You would never think Thompkins, a kid from Univ of Cincy (not known as a school for scholars by any stretch), would just come in here and progress this fast. But, football IQ is also quite possibly tied to effort and understanding concepts from mistakes.

Mel Kiper has not category for this stuff. He just looks at NCAA production and thinks it translates.

Reggie Bush? Trent Richardson? They're not 3 down backs in this league, or at least worth their draft slot.

I rememeber thinking Richardson would be a good 2nd rd pick after his junior year.  LMAO

Who drafts a scatback/complementary RB top 3?   It's insane.  

[/QUOTE]

Long term winning is the safest and most dependable measure of great GMing....BB is #1, no one else even close over that period, 'cept maybe the guy in Baltimore...but BB still#1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cordarrelle Patterson is the next Randy Moss.  Should have picked him.  Per many on this board, BB is totally dumb for missing out on that guy.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the guy who caught 2 passes for three yards last week and has a total of 8 catches for 85 yards? You might be correct dowwn the road but based on the judging criteria on this board he would have been labeled a bust already by the majority here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think it's still early regarding 2013 draft. But you got like how some of our kids are playing. Most impressive is thompkins a udfa none the less. 

the only kid bb picked that I had down on my list was Logan Ryan. Dobson was ok, but lower on the list same with Collins. I would have liked to see bb get kiko Alonso before the Collins pick. II know a lot of us here liked kiko and he is having a nice year for buffalo. He may get DROY honor this year. 

The trade back into round 2 was the right move by bb. my only beef at this point was taking another WR instead of Dobson and Alonso over Collins. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

You mean the guy who caught 2 passes for three yards last week and has a total of 8 catches for 85 yards? You might be correct dowwn the road but based on the judging criteria on this board he would have been labeled a bust already by the majority here.

[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the sarcasm in the post you are responding to,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Myself being a sarcastic wise a** at times i should have recognized it. My apologies to Mike-J-D

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's still early regarding 2013 draft. But you got like how some of our kids are playing. Most impressive is thompkins a udfa none the less. 

the only kid bb picked that I had down on my list was Logan Ryan. Dobson was ok, but lower on the list same with Collins. I would have liked to see bb get kiko Alonso before the Collins pick. II know a lot of us here liked kiko and he is having a nice year for buffalo. He may get DROY honor this year. 

The trade back into round 2 was the right move by bb. my only beef at this point was taking another WR instead of Dobson and Alonso over Collins. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes I liked Alsonso but we would have had to move up in the second round to get him, and we didn't need an ILB at the time.

Here are your second rounders, I still say Dobson will end up being one of the top guys taken in the second.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43146/71/?pg=2

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

haha, I tried to make it obvious.  Especially by responding to a sarcastic post.  Tough to tell online sometimes though.

Sections
Shortcuts