Who you think won't be returning and who will

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Who you think won't be returning and who will

Spikes has 2 strikes against him...homemade video and now the doping suspesion, one more thing and he is gone. Meriweather has had a few late to meetings and practice issues, dont be surprised if he is let go after season is done.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm not sure how you think the video is a strike against Spikes. He did it in college not to  mention the fact that it's perfectly legal and actually normal now a days. I mean who hasn't made one? The drug suspension could be a major strike though depending on how honest he was with BB on it. If it was an stupid mistake for  a prescribed medication for ADD it's forgivable if it was obvious he wasn't taking it for ADD then he will be watched carefully by the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Who you think won't be returning and who will:
    [QUOTE]Spikes has 2 strikes against him...homemade video and now the doping suspesion, one more thing and he is gone. Meriweather has had a few late to meetings and practice issues, dont be surprised if he is let go after season is done.....
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

That wasn't Meriweather, it was Deadrick. You must have them confused because both are named Brandon. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

gone-taylor,wheatly,slater,deadrick,ornberger(practice squad),clayton,tb cain,t carter,4th string TE,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]gone-taylor,wheatly,slater,deadrick,ornberger(practice squad),clayton,tb cain,t carter,4th string TE,
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Wheatly????   What do you know?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I think the Pats give Deaderick one last shot...hopefully the suspension sends him a message and he realizes his mistake, as well as the opportunity he has playing for BB and the Pats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]gone-taylor,wheatly,slater,deadrick,ornberger(practice squad),clayton,tb cain,t carter,4th string TE,
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Wheatly has already been shown the door. I think the Titans picked him up but don't quote me on that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I've never seen Lockett play, but they grabbed him knowing he was injured and done for the year. It would surprise me if he didn't at least get a chance to make the team in camp. I also think there's a better chance Light stays than Mankins. Just a hunch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

It is not the best time to speculate which players should be let go right before they are about to play in the playoff games.  Although I doubt the Patriot players read us blowing smoke here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

are we looking at an 80 man roster or 53 man roster?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Kyle for right now just the 80

Nomad I highly doubt any players read the forums and if they do I don't think they take us seriously. This is mainly just to kill some time until we get to see them play again

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Hasn't Wheatley been gone for months now?  If Deaderick was going to be released why not just do it now?  He's a cheap option on the DL and will probably get one more chance. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who you think won't be returning and who will : Wheatly has already been shown the door. I think the Titans picked him up but don't quote me on that.
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

Jax.

Then, he immediately got hurt again.  His career is likely over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]...Nomad I highly doubt any players read the forums and if they do I don't think they take us seriously...
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't been introduced to koft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who you think won't be returning and who will : You obviously haven't been introduced to koft.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I only talk to the voices in my head not his  Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Interesting Thread.... I just a few days ago looked at the Free Agent list for the Patriots and the rest of the NFL and was thinking along those lines as well. Working off your list I made just a few alterations 

My list:

Retired- Fred Taylor (RB), Kevin Faulk (RB)

Not resigned - Graham (K), Morris (RB), Woods (LB), Wendell (G), Katula (LS), Cohen (DL), Ellison (DL), White (LB)

Released- Deadrick (DE), Lockett (CB),

Resigned - Mankins (G), G Warren (DE), Page is a RFA (S), BJGE is a RFA (RB), Light (LT), Moore (DL), McGowan (S)

Traded- TBC (LB), Merriweather (S) 

Top issue here is MANKINS! He needs to get his money, the Patriots need him. If it doesn't get done though I have to lay it at the feet of Mankins and his agent. I don't see the Patriots lowballing a guy like him. Maybe won't make him the highest paid OG but they will offer him top 2 money I would bet. 

BJGE- or Law Firm as I prefer to call him is a RFA so they keep him no matter what but I suspect he get a new long term deal.

Light - he's had a good season and due to he loves the New England Area and he has some help when needed in Crumpler and Gronk I think the Patriots keep him and I don't think they will need to break the bank to do it.

McGowan- I know some will be suprised I have him being resigned but he is a very well liked player, BB spoke on more then one occasion about his football knowledge and his veteran presence with the young DB's. He will be back healthy to start the year and I think they move on from Merriweather anyway so that is a spot to be had. Not to mention Sanders and Chung are the likely starters there anyway unless they take a stud Safety in the first few rounds.

Faulk - he's going to retire I am almost certain. I agree just like T Brown he  continued to resign because no one could fill his role. With Woodhead coming in he is going to retire and the Patriots will have a Kevin Faulk day in Foxboro in October. Kraft wiull make sure to have a day for him like Brown and Teddy Brewski.

Ohrnberger - is a decent player to have with all his flexability. Maybe he is going to be a guy you keep for depth and that is his role. I suspect he isn't cut.

TBC - TBC is not expensive so maybe he stays but my guess is we end up moving him for a draft pick. Maybe a 4th or 5th round pick in 2011 or 2012 draft. I think it is pretty much a given the Patriots will go out and get a FA OLB or draft someone who can take TBC's spot. I also agree Nin's played well but maybe not better then TBC. And yes there is a savings there but TBC isn't making a ton. 

Morris- Interesting player as he has some tread left maybe you keep him for depth but that all depends on what he wants to do and how much does he want to do it???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Stephen Neal is likely to retire.
    Kaczur may not be good enough to stay on the roster.
    Koppen may not be around next year either.

Whether Light stays or not will depend on how much of a salary cut he's willing to take. I'd like to see Mankins signed after the season is over. If not - he may get franchise tag.

Sections
Shortcuts