Who's afraid Now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Who's afraid Now?

OK people, after week 1 is their anyone out there who still believes the media hype that the Patriots are dead?  Does anyone actually still believe we are not the best team in the NFL?

We will DOMINATE this league on the way to our 4th Super Bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Who's afraid Now?

Gloom and Doomers not wanted on this forum

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Gloom and Doomers not wanted on this forum
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    I thought they were realists?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Amen.  Preach it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

For every Kool-Aid drinker on this board there is a Krap-Aid drinker.  The Kool-aid drinkers are blissfully unaware that they overlook the very deficiencies they blast other teams for.  The Krap-Aid drinkers couldn't see a bright spot if they fell into the Sun.  I drink Kool-Aid for breakfast and dinner, and take a shot of Krap-Aid at lunch just to keep me grounded.  Krap-Aid is very scarce and expensive though.  The last time I found some on the shelves two guys that looked like Breer and Gasper emptied the shelf and took off with a whole cart of it.  Ah, but they missed a couple bottles misplaced on another nearby shelf.  I reached for them but before I could get my hands on them some guy named mthurl snatched them :^)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I watched alot of games this past week with teams that the patriots have to play this year:

Vikings - duds
    colts -duds
    jets - duds
    ravens - could be trouble
    chargers - duds, if NE Chiefs can beat 'em so can Patriots
    bengals -duds
    packers - could be trouble, eagles sukc though
    bears, lions - duds
    steelers - didn't see much against falcons 
    dolphins, bills -about the same
    browns - duds

Even with some question marks on the defense, nobody is gonna stop our offense

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

oh, I'm thinking mthurl MANUFACTURES the stuff in his basement.  Either that or its hate-crack.  Me, I don't drink the KoolAid, I drink BelliBeer.  Its the beer that won 3 major awards, by NOT doing what others told it.  Its the beer that didn't do what I thought it should do.  its the beer that let Lawyer Milloy walk, wouldn't give Bledsoe back his job, and thought Troy Brown could play Dback.  I didn't agree with ANY of those things (well, I did agree with the Brady thing, but lots of people didn't) and the team succeeded.  So BelliBeer is the drink for people who agree that Bill B is smarter at the football stuff than they are.  I DRINK BELLIBEER.  And its burpalicious!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OK, I found a bit of Krap-Aid in the fridge and took a swag.  There is the injury wild card that can change things overnight for us.  We don't have a lot of room to spare as far as CB's, OLB, and O-Line is concerned.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Who's afraid Now?:
    [QUOTE]OK, I found a bit of Krap-Aid in the fridge and took a swag.  There is the injury wild card that can change things overnight for us.  We don't have a lot of room to spare as far as CB's, OLB, and O-Line is concerned.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

carawaydj, Every team is one injury away, at a key position, from disaster.  Hell a lot of people's favorites out of the NFC Green Bay lost their RB this weekend.  Let's see how they deal with that.

I was just trying to make a point that I seen nothing this weekend (and I have DirecTV so I watched part of most games) from any team that scares me.  They all, like us, have their own issues and weaknesses.  I feel with our potent O and young developing D we can easily Dominate.

Believe me I don't drink the kool-aid but I have honestly, since the draft (Gronk and Hernandez), felt we have the pieces to be special now.  We Instantly improved our Red Zone potential and Late game ball control ability.  The two areas we desparetly failed at last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

BelliBeer says we promote someone off the Practice squad who fills in JUST FINE.  Or some washed up has been some other team just cut turns out to be PRETTY GOOD after all.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

They will go as far as their D takes them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]  There is the injury wild card that can change things overnight for us. Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

That's true we lived through that in 2008, but cassell took the reins and got us to 11-5 and almost into the playoffs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's afraid Now? : carawaydj, Every team is one injury away, at a key position, from disaster.  Hell a lot of people's favorites out of the NFC Green Bay lost their RB this weekend.  Let's see how they deal with that. I was just trying to make a point that I seen nothing this weekend (and I have DirecTV so I watched part of most games) from any team that scares me.  They all, like us, have their own issues and weaknesses.  I feel with our potent O and young developing D we can easily Dominate. Believe me I don't drink the kool-aid but I have honestly, since the draft (Gronk and Hernandez), felt we have the pieces to be special now.  We Instantly improved our Red Zone potential and Late game ball control ability.  The two areas we desparetly failed at last year.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    I dont have Direct TV but I was wondering if they have it for just the computer? Thank Gawd fans in this forum posted some great sites that carried the games, Florida Suks for watching the Patriots, all I get is college football.
    Is the game package from Direct TV really worth it? or do you know if you can just purchase it for the comuter

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I dont believe you can buy it on your computer. you can get nfl rewind for 30 bucks and watch games after they air

n Response to Re: Who's afraid Now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's afraid Now? : I dont have Direct TV but I was wondering if they have it for just the computer? Thank Gawd fans in this forum posted some great sites that carried the games, Florida Suks for watching the Patriots, all I get is college football. Is the game package from Direct TV really worth it? or do you know if you can just purchase it for the comuter
    Posted by JerrySpringer[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's afraid Now? : ...Believe me I don't drink the kool-aid but I have honestly, since the draft (Gronk and Hernandez), felt we have the pieces to be special now.  We Instantly improved our Red Zone potential and Late game ball control ability.  The two areas we desparetly failed at last year.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%  I'm more inclined to think our next run begins next year, but we'll see.  Hmmm... I guess that means I agree 99% :^)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

[QUOTE]They will go as far as their D takes them.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I'm a very optimistic fan and think they'll have a good/great season, I'm just calling out what I can only hope is not thier fatal flaw.
    I think the Off running game and stopping the run on D (i.e. the lines) will end up determining how far this team can go.

History has shown a serviceable D will do OK to win (look it up), and I definitely think their D will be serviceable at worst (maybe much better??)
    There is also no doubt in anybody's mind anymore this team can/should score points.

For now.....

What happens when it gets cold?
    We have great short options for sure (wes, faulk, edelman, gronk, hernandez, etc) but we'll need to run the ball at some point.
    Need proof, look at our team in '07.

Blew everyone out, but when it got colder/windier we didn't look nearly as good because it's harder to move the ball and we choked like (dare I say it...) the Colts.
    (note: ya, I know we got there and the Super Bowl was warm weather, but the physicality of the playoffs is similar to the "cold weather" type of games).

Point being, I just want to see this team physically dominate a team at some point before the playoffs because ultimately I think that's what it may come down to in January.
    We suffered from our OWN type of home field advantage at times lately because of the offense we ran and apparently not enough talent on D.
    Now, I think the overall talent of the D right now will end up OK and of course we need to keep a team like, oh...the Ravens for running up the gut for 250 but they should be very competitive.
    However, we blew too many games last season / ' 07 Super Bowl because the offense couldn't get the key 3rd down/close in the redzone/kill the clock which ultimately win games....(nor could we bring down the QB when he is in our grasp, catch the interception that went right through our hands which would have iced it or find a way to disrupt a guy that caught a ball with his helmet...oh crap, I'm not bitter at all).

Like I said, I'm optimistic about THIS team but this "Colts curse" (for lack of better words) is my only concern.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not a fan of rushing to conclusions. You rail on the media hype before the season and I'd suggest being almost as cautious about week one results. I think we have a good looking team so far but no, not head and shoulders above the other elite teams. One of the things that bothered me most about about the Jets hype was fitting for Super Bowl rings before the season. Well, don't do that after week one either. 

As for Kansas Patriot and all the teams you have written off, pretty silly stuff. I expect Pittburgh to be very good - they got the win without their franchise QB. Any win they can pile up now is gravy. The Colts will be back, calling them duds is silly. If Baltimore looks scary, and the Jets are duds - well the Jets almost pulled that game out so something is wrong with your reasoning there.  

Maybe you guys are right and we'll just dominate, but I'm expecting a hard fought (though successful) season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's afraid Now? : I dont have Direct TV but I was wondering if they have it for just the computer? Thank Gawd fans in this forum posted some great sites that carried the games, Florida Suks for watching the Patriots, all I get is college football. Is the game package from Direct TV really worth it? or do you know if you can just purchase it for the comuter
    Posted by JerrySpringer[/QUOTE]

Yes you can watch on your computer or capable Phone with the Super Fan option.  It's about a extra $50 and you can switch between all the current games.

If you live out of state from your favorite team it's the best thing since sliced bread.  I live in NY and have been watching Patriot game via DirecTV for the last 12 years.  It's the Bestest Ever.