Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd?

Golden Tate is and explosive fast wr from ND and would certaintly be a homerun threat everytime with brady throwin him the ball. Hughes was originally a 1st rounder but is now he'd be a perfect fit for us and could do wonders for us. If not i say get TO and do the same with him with what we did with moss T.O. would shut up and behave or BB would show him the door. GO PATS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

Re: Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd?

*crickets*

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd?

Tate is possible in round 1 if a pass rusher worth the 22nd pick isn't available.  Having played with Weis' offense would be a big consideration. My guess though is if Graham or other DE they deem worthy isn't availble they go for an OL. ...They might like Benn even better as a WR especially in the second round.

I'm guessing they'd look at Sapp, or Norwood over Hughes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

To be completely honest with you if the Patriots are going to draft a receiver I would prefer Jordan Shipley or Riley Cooper or D. Thomas or Eric Decker or Mike Williams you will notice I only named one Slot receiver and the reason why is they don't need another slot receiver,they need a wideout with size and above average speed. I would have included Dez Bryant but why embarrass myself he won't be available when the Patriots draft. This is the best talent level ever as far as drafts are concerned. By my actual count there are 72 available WR's in this draft,another 42 TE's, and countless swing backs. Garner as many draft choices as you possibly can,and have your grunt workers pounding the potential UDFA's! This is without a doubt in my mind the mother lode as far as talented players are concerned...1983 be damned this is the number one draft of my football veiwing lifetime! I'm a baby boomer born in 1952,so I've seen a lot of drafts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Bryant is the only WR that deserves a first rd pick. Theres not that much difference in terms of talent between the 2nd rated and 4/5th rated guys in the WR class. At this point none seem to be true number one rec. This draft is nearly as deep as everyone likes to believe...you guys hear it on TV and repeat it like morons. Same deal w/ the OLBs and most other positions this year. If your not gonna grab a stud this year in the first then trade up or down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Nope. we already have a a tate. bigger and faster

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

You had me until you mentioned T.O. >>>>N.O. to T.O.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd?:
    Golden Tate is and explosive fast wr from ND and would certaintly be a homerun threat everytime with brady throwin him the ball. Hughes was originally a 1st rounder but is now he'd be a perfect fit for us and could do wonders for us. If not i say get TO and do the same with him with what we did with moss T.O. would shut up and behave or BB would show him the door. GO PATS
    Posted by Patriots12x81

Don't think Hughes will be there in the 2nd, like Tate though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

In Response to Re: Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd?:
    In Response to Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd? : Don't think Hughes will be there in the 2nd, like Tate though.
    Posted by mthurl

I agree Hughes will be gone by 44.  SO will all the other names we have heard of.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

would rather see them work on two DE/OLB who can help w/ pass rush, C, RT, RG...then mebbe another ILB, SS, CB before going for another WR or RB.

We also need a punter in the later rounds or pick someone up before season starts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

not me. I see Eddleman just a good as Golden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from willharrell. Show willharrell's posts

This is irrelevant, but he played at my rival high school and played running back.  Lets just say there was a picture in the Houston Chronicle of him trucking me (I'm 6' 2" 215 lbs).  That was a pretty embarrassing Sat morning.  Jerry is a beast.  I would love to watch him do that to the other QBs in the NFL.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd?:
    not me. I see Eddleman just a good as Golden.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

yes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Brandon Graham & Jerod Mayo wud be sick together. Trust!........Tate didn't kill it @ the combine. There's a chance he could be there in the 2nd. Scout's Inc's top 32 board did not have him listed. We can probably get Brandon Banks from KState later, he's faster, better in the return game & he'd be a serious deep threat as a #3 or 4 WR...He's Troy Brown but shorter faster.

I'd love to see Brandon Marshall in Foxboro. He is the most complete WR in the game (if you don't count having a head full of rocks), but you gotta think that the Pats are passing on him bc he's toxic. He could play slot next year in place of Wes (can u imagine in our O Brady throwing to a 6'4' slor WR? Holy smokes! He'd catch 150 balls!) & then he could slide into Moss's spost when Randy leaves town after next year...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Cannot see them using their #1 on a WR. They have to get defensive help. Much more likely to find good WRs in later rounds than good OLBs and DEs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

In Response to Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd? :
    Posted by CanadianPat

Hughes will not be there at #44, so a moot discussion.  The Pats will have to use #22 to get a OLB pass rusher: Kindle, Graham or Hughes are the guys in my opinion. All will likely be taken in R1.  There are plenty of good receivers that should be there in at #44.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

No pass rush from our defence no superbowl.

Watch the Patriots Giants superbowl and you see what I mean.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

it would be better to trade out of the 22 spot if the plan is to get Golden Tate, he would probably be around early second so we could trade our 22 for the rams second rounder and a rams 3rd rounder.... id do that
    then take Golden Tate with the rams second round pick, Jerry Hughes or Ricky Sapp... you know the drill...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I wouldn't categorize Golden Tate as explosive.  Or tall.  Just kind of fast.  He'd be fairly valued as a late second rounder, but I'll smile a bit when he goes in the first round.

Now, Hughes has some talent.  He'll drop because he's a weakling on the D-line and he doesn't know how to play linebacker this year.  I could see him as pick #53 if there's interest heard elsewhere in the NFL, or he could drop to the third round.  (Don't get hung up on the Pats not having a third rounder.  Foxboro Day Traders will be passing through that third round business pretty quick.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hughes will be gobbled up by my Colts if he's sitting there at #31.  That'd be my choice, anyway, since he's the only player that will be available to the team that can be groomed to take over for Robert Mathis in 2011.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hughes will be gobbled up by my Colts if he's sitting there at #31.  That'd be my choice, anyway, since he's the only player that will be available to the team that can be groomed to take over for Robert Mathis in 2011.
    Posted by JulesWinfield

The Colts play a 4-3.  All sorts of teams will be running right at Hughes when he's on the field.  After a few such struggles, the Colts will then decide to put Hughes in on passing downs only.  Then, other teams will huddle up quick to keep Hughes on the field on running downs or off the field on passing downs, especially at away games.

I'm not saying Hughes won't help the Colts' pass rush, but there are issues.  A first rounder with playing issues and caveats isn't quite a bargain.  When the Patriots drafted Logan Mankins at #32 one year, he may have been only a guard, but he stepped in and smacked D-tackles for fifty offensive plays a game from day one to the present.  That's a bargain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Hughes will be long gone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I rather have them draft Graham in the first or if they do go with a WR Demaryius Thomas would be my.  I don't think a WR is picked at 22 so Graham or Odrick.

There's a player with similar skill set compared to Tate, Andre Roberts.  One of the best route runners in college, extremely productive and has great hands.  He's from a military school so I'm sure he's been scouted already and even worked out.  BB likes military school guys, this kid can be a solid #2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Tate is a special WR ( tie in to Weiss is nice also) but I don't know that I would want to spend a first on him... maybe the 44th if he was still there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Whos down for drafting Golden Tate in the first round and getting Jerr Hughes in the 2nd? : The Colts play a 4-3.  All sorts of teams will be running right at Hughes when he's on the field.  After a few such struggles, the Colts will then decide to put Hughes in on passing downs only.  Then, other teams will huddle up quick to keep Hughes on the field on running downs or off the field on passing downs, especially at away games. I'm not saying Hughes won't help the Colts' pass rush, but there are issues.  A first rounder with playing issues and caveats isn't quite a bargain.  When the Patriots drafted Logan Mankins at #32 one year, he may have been only a guard, but he stepped in and smacked D-tackles for fifty offensive plays a game from day one to the present.  That's a bargain.
    Posted by Paul_K

Interesting thought process, but he's ten pounds heavier than the man he'd be replacing, and the Colts have lived with the ligher DEs for years.  True: some years it hasn't worked out very well for the run defense, but with somewhat bigger DTs the team seems to be doing quite well in that regard right now.  IMO, Hughes would be an absolute perfect fit for the LDE spot opposite Freeney.  But, if the team wants to wait another year, it's possible the Colts could pass him up for a best available OL...

Sections
Shortcuts