Who's gonna go off the "deep end" after the draft???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Who's gonna go off the "deep end" after the draft???

You know it is going to happen..  those GM wannabies on this forum will go off the deep end about the draft picks "in BB we trust" will make over the next three days.  This forum will make for some interesting reading as BB may not make the picks so many here feel the team SHOULD make given the fan perception of team needs.  We all know how BB selects players.  Rarely is there a big name among them, rarely is it someone who the fan base will absolutely fawn all over and most times the player is one who fits the Patriots mold for versatility and team play.  Compared to most franchises this has worked well for the Patriots.  There are many fans who would have loved to see their team make the SB 5 out of the last 11 years, let alone one.  Many here blame the draft for "only" 3 SB wins in the last 11 and the losses in SB 42 & 46.  Let the draft and trading frenzy begin!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Who's gonna go off the "deep end" after the draft???

When we trade back with 1 of the firsts I see people whining.  However, I hope we do it if it includes a first next year.  I love those trades.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Can I count JetMangione even though he was hatched and is already off the deep end?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ron Borges.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mel Kiper will have his annual fit about BB reaching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Me!!! Me!!! why maybe not off the deep end but I may question some of the picks lol. And yes I'm fully expecting one of the picks to be traded back into next year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In the next year or two there will be a few players picked after 27 who become great. Then the woulda shoulda coulda people will come out to be miserable and tell us how if we'd only picked joe smith out of Kabookie State the Patriots would win every SB for the next ten years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Where's Rusty?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Every year this place goes bat-crazy after the Patriots' picks(or trades) are made. Same as after a loss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Can't wait for the draft to end so I can get on with my life.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Who's gonna go off the "deep end" after the draft???:
    [QUOTE]When we trade back with 1 of the firsts I see people whining.  However, I hope we do it if it includes a first next year.  I love those trades.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

The trading back is cool. But, I am still shaking my head about last year's draft. Selecting so many offensive players (2 RB's, QB, 2 OL and an injury prone CB) at the top of the draft blew me away. Hey, some of it is already working well, but it was just the opposite of what I expected (Pass rusher!). BB fills needs in strange ways and no matter who is on the roster he continually builds the players abilities and the team's confidence. So, I expect to be disappointed but I also believe BB will find a way to bring the team together. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Who's gonna go off the "deep end" after the draft???:
    [QUOTE]You know it is going to happen..  those GM wannabies on this forum will go off the deep end about the draft picks "in BB we trust" will make over the next three days.  This forum will make for some interesting reading as BB may not make the picks so many here feel the team SHOULD make given the fan perception of team needs.  We all know how BB selects players.  Rarely is there a big name among them, rarely is it someone who the fan base will absolutely fawn all over and most times the player is one who fits the Patriots mold for versatility and team play.  Compared to most franchises this has worked well for the Patriots.  There are many fans who would have loved to see their team make the SB 5 out of the last 11 years, let alone one.  Many here blame the draft for "only" 3 SB wins in the last 11 and the losses in SB 42 & 46.  Let the draft and trading frenzy begin!   
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

fan perception the past 3 years has been that we need a pass-rush and a better secondary.

The fans were 100% correct in those being the needs

Bill has been 60-40 miss to hit in the secondary with Chung/McCourty against Wheately/Wilhite/Butler (Ras-I an incomplete)

He passed on many a solid pass-rusher since '09, to the exteme detriment of the team if even just 2 of the picks we used on the above 3 CB's, Brace, Crable, Price, Tate and the one we traded to NO (or Vareen) were great edge guys.

Good job with Mayo, Chung, DMC, Gronk/Hernandez, Solder (probably) Spikes and Vollmer/Cannon (if they stay healthy) plus later rd guys like Mesko, Deaderick, Slater, Edelman

Overall he's better than most out there, but the inability to replace Seymour/Asante since the '07 season cost this team a Super Bowl. We didn't have to overpay and kleep those 2... just bring in guys who would replace what they did '03-'07 w/o the team missing a beat, and Bill didn't do that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

this is complete BS, the Pats should of traded for the #1 pick to get Luck. I'm so BS right now

Italics are the interwebs way of saying it's sarcasm you idiot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So far.. I see a lot of folks who have yet to look into the deep end, but, wonder if this is a dream with the first two picks and how they eveloved.  So much against the grain these last few years.  It will an interesting two days!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't really think its all that out of character for the Pats. Before we hail the greatness of any moves we should have a moment of silence for another guy he moved up for- Chad Jackson. Every year early first rounders dissapoint. I'm not being negative Nancy but it sounds like many are assuming because they got a 21 and 26 instead of a 27 and 32 they are good. Three of the best players on the team are a 6th rounder, 2nd rounder, and UDFA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really think its all that out of character for the Pats. Before we hail the greatness of any moves we should have a moment of silence for another guy he moved up for- Chad Jackson. Every year early first rounders dissapoint. I'm not being negative Nancy but it sounds like many are assuming because they got a 21 and 26 instead of a 27 and 32 they are good. Three of the best players on the team are a 6th rounder, 2nd rounder, and UDFA.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

The bottom line is that it will always be a crap shoot because you cannot guess what these kids will do once they are handed money and fame.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's gonna go off the "deep end" after the draft??? : Yeah, where is Russ? Probably Bass Fishing.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Probably sitting on some lake way out in the country catching some fish. Hope he has internet to follow this draft, so far so good!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Here we go!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Lmao I can't wait to see Borges on the Wilson pick.  That clown is going to stroke out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

as great as rd 1 was, the deep end arrived fast and furious in rd 2

even their trade down was terrible

you couldn't get a 3rd/5th from a MIDDLE round team??? you gotta go with a 15-1 club for that gem???

The impact talent starts to evaporate after picks 70-80... good GOD