Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies?

In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies? : No. There are some who people use the term  "rose glass wearing, koolaid drinking BB brown noser" for those who think this team is perfect. Are you one of those?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I AmCool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

NFL stands for Not For Long.  In the Patriots' case, they are missing a big chunk of team that they had three months ago.  Part of the Old Patriots, the previous wave, is gone.  Another part of the Old Patriots is in recuperation. 

Albert Haynesworth said Basta!  He stopped playing in the middle of the game.  He was not getting triple teamed any more.  He was getting knocked down.  He's gone to work on his suntan now.  The good news is that Kyle Love is pretty good and Brandon Deaderick and Ron Brace are back.

Chad Ochocinco strikes me as a football player suffering from permanent brain injury.  He will always be able to run routes but not the right routes.  Memo to BB:  check people's brain functions completely before offering contracts.  I don't know if he can scare anyone but he has experience.  I suspect that Deion Branch has lost 2 steps and can't get open much.  Taquin whatshisname can line up.  He's quick in the Patriots' mode, has 2 years experience and otherwise was cut for a reason. 

The defensive backfield is pretty busted up.  Chung might be ok.  McCourty strikes me as medium-term injured compared to last year.  Old Leigh Bodden ain't what he used to be many long years ago -- glue factory. 

That leaves these walk-ons who are going to be terrible the first two weeks and maybe not so terrible in a month.  Playing d-back in the NFL is partly a matter of experience.  There are no difference makers out on the street, no Revis Islands, but there are plenty of fill-in guys sitting on practice squads, and they can get up to Kyle Arrington's abilities with time.  Arrington was once raw like these guys.

I continue to point out that the Patriots' defense is terrible in yards given up, not bad in points given up and used to be top 5 in helping to win football games.  It wasn't all Brady in 2010.  I expect the defense to half-perform this week like they used to do despite the band-aids.

So, who will show up?  Not the very worst of last week's team because they were just fired, so don't expect a repeat of last week.  First, expect a team with band-aids.  Sanchez is going to get blitzed to death because New England has a vanilla backfield, and because Sanchez really doesn't like pressure.  Second, expect better of the D-line because Haynesworth isn't pouting right on the playing field.  Third, expect not much Ocho so that the offense has one more plausible weapon.  Fourth, expect Nate Solder to catch a touchdown pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Paul - ARe the pats still ranked 1 or 2 in your rankings?

Surely you didn't include that 4th Q from the last game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies?:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

LMAO...mightybbbrownnoser stalking me again. Please, put me on ignore like you promised last week. Pathetic, he can't help but read my posts. No self control.Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, ye of little faith. The Pats are gonna **** New Jersey right in its dirty little ***! Oh . . .   and incidentally . . .   it's perfectly okay to refer to the Patriots as the "Patsies." It's a term of derision that was farily common back in the bad old days, but remember, it's like poking fun at your sister. It's okay if you do it, but anybody not in the family will suffer the consequences of loose talk.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I guess the reaction to the poking is directly proportional to the dysfunctionality of the family.Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I wish the NEP play well ..at least better than the past 2 wks.. I think however that the ny yets are playing much better  and the NEP worse.   ny has TB and BB number. rush the OL  ,force TB into errors and pass til your arms fall off
    Posted by dbeach48[/QUOTE]

I think we all hope that. The Patriots have  become a lot more unpredictable as of late....hard to guess as to the outcome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

We have to pound them. The finesse is gone until Tom's arm heals. Give him a rest. Get angry and pound them. Smashmouth. At least that's what I want to do to the Jets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies? : I Am
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

LOL. Nah, not close....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Paul - ARe the pats still ranked 1 or 2 in your rankings? Surely you didn't include that 4th Q from the last game.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    No, they're down to #10, with a 10.2 power rating.  The NFL has an awful lot of 10 and 11 victory teams bunched up.  The post is in its usual spot, with my game of the week (5 successful weeks in a row for me).

Yes, all the points in non-blowout games are valid. 

Will they recover?  My stats don't look at individual players.  I can always hope.  I think that they'll quickly play a little better for having cut Albert Haynesworth loose, with guys to step in.  Will they bench Ochocinco?  Probably, and that might help just a bit.  However, I think their backfield won't recover quickly, what with too many off-the-street newbies running around in the backfield.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I hope I am wrong, even if it makes me look like a "hole", but I am not a foolish optimist. I see nothing but Fat Al's firing to encourage me of late.  I see a lot of bad trends in every phase of the game.  And while the Jets do not look like SB contenders, they do look like perfect Pats spoilers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies? : Yeah, and I hang around other teams fan sites and troll too...... no, wait- that is you.  For a SENIOR PARTNER IN A MAJOR LAW FIRM you sure don't insult too well.  Where's the bristling invective we expect from the sharp legal mind?  Supermodel got your tongue?
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    "bristling invective" .... pretty good fo a burger flipping, living in past, Patsy fan.... Bravo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]   That leaves these walk-ons who are going to be terrible the first two weeks and maybe not so terrible in a month.  I continue to point out that the Patriots' defense is terrible in yards given up, not bad in points given up and used to be top 5 in helping to win football games.So, who will show up? First, expect a team with band-aids.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

The team roster is being filled by "scrubs". It's like watching "The Replacements" movie?  LOL Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I hope I am wrong, even if it makes me look like a "hole", but I am not a foolish optimist. I see nothing but Fat Al's firing to encourage me of late.  I see a lot of bad trends in every phase of the game.  And while the Jets do not look like SB contenders, they do look like perfect Pats spoilers.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]
    I guess if the message is that noone is safe on the team; regardless of your name and past accomplisments - mebbe it'll right the ship. The problem, is that this message has been sent numerous times already - and the players know there is no such thing as loyalty anymore; therefore, the message is going to be ignored.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Pats should be motivated by the smack talk from last year............if not ...sit down ...and let some other team into the playoffs this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Pats should be motivated cause its the JETS. The Pats should be motivated to stop this potential 3 game slide. The Pats should be motivated because this win will go a long way in helping this team's confidence. The Pats will win 31-9.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Pats should be motivated cause its the JETS. The Pats should be motivated to stop this potential 3 game slide. The Pats should be motivated because this win will go a long way in helping this team's confidence. The Pats will win 31-9.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I would tend to agree with you. It's not so much what happened last year vs. what's going on this year. One would hope that the team and coaches recognize that this is a gut check kind of game. How bad do they want it this year. Too much of the company-line talk to the media - and not sure if they actually believe in what they say.  It's time to put up or shut up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies?:
    [QUOTE]With all the changes over the past two weeks, and a Dr. Jekyl vs. Mr. Hyde type inconsistencies in team play, who's gonna show up vs. the Jets?

I pray for the old Patriots... I fear the new Patsies...

this is their season

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies? : I pray for the old Patriots... I fear the new Patsies... this is their season
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, opponents don't (I know that ur intended meaning is different) Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In Response to Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies?:
    [QUOTE]With all the changes over the past two weeks, and a Dr. Jekyl vs. Mr. Hyde type inconsistencies in team play, who's gonna show up vs. the Jets?

If I say the Pats will blow up the big mouth Ryan 's Jets in this Sunday night, would you believe it? 
    Pats 33 Jets 20  How is that sound? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies? : Dayum, a week ago you and he-who-should-not-be-named (yes, a little humor from harry potter) declared that you should put peeps on ignore since you don't like what you read. Please don't make promises that you can't keep. Obviously, you don't know the intent of my words - since it appears you take me so literally. Have you ever thought that I choose certain words to sensationalize a topic - much like the media. If you haven't ever notices - "nice" posts where everyone thinks it's a sunny day tend to get minimal participation. You're behaving much like a right wing bible thumper who complains about all the bad things on tv - make a huge declaration about the evils of society - and the need to force people towards your own way of thinking - then continue to watch the same programming. Why is that? Here's the delio - don't think for a minute you're a better fan than anyone on this board - cuz you're not. I suppose that I could have posed the same question as "are the patriots gonna play well" just to appease some sensitive thin skinned readers....on second thought...

I never tell people I'm going to ignore them.  Not my way.  You won't find it in anything I post.  I go at them directly, and confront the bad behavior.  I don't think I am a "better" fan.  I think you are a crappy one.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

The prediction is the Pats 31 Jets 21.
    And finally, Ocho has a 1st TD catch in the Pats uniform and 1st in this season and the 1st one who spike the ball in the Jets end zone.
    How is that sound??
    GO PATS!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kingliar. Show kingliar's posts

The Yets seem to be improving on both sides of the ball and no one can begin to contain Welker, who can't be completely contained, better than Reevis. BB shot himself in the foot by devoting most of the draft to offense and then shopping for vet FA's to attempt to reanimate a pass rush [Carter has been worth it at least]. 
         That said, its really difficult to imagine the Pats losing 3 straight. 
         NE 23 YETs 21. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies? : I never tell people I'm going to ignore them.  Not my way.  You won't find it in anything I post.  I go at them directly, and confront the bad behavior.  I don't think I am a "better" fan.  I think you are a crappy one.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Because I don't agree with you? Puhleeze. You're offended because I use the term Patsies to describe the team play. You don't like it - too bad. You don't like reading my posts - don't read it. You are mature enough to not read something if it bothers you, aren't you?

Confront my "bad behavior"? OMG, That's really pathetic. What gave you the impression that you have any control over what anyone writes on this board. Are you THAT anti American; especially on Veteran's Day - that you think you have any kind of right to tell people to conform to your "righteousness". Wow. you really are naiive.

Like I've said before - you're like a right wing bible thumper who complains because someone doesn't think or behave in a manner which you like - then you read more of the stuff you don't like. Too bad. You seriously think anyone who has a differing opinion is going to change because of how you respond or whether you personally like it or not?

I don't think so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Gonna Show Up Vs. Jets - The Old Patriots or The Patsies? : Because I don't agree with you? Puhleeze. You're offended because I use the term Patsies to describe the team play. You don't like it - too bad. You don't like reading my posts - don't read it. You are mature enough to not read something if it bothers you, aren't you? Like I've said before - you're like a right wing bible thumper who complains because someone doesn't think or behave in a manner which you like - then you read more of the stuff you don't like. Too bad. You seriously think anyone who has a differing opinion is going to change because of how you respond or whether you personally like it or not? I don't think so.

No.  NOTHING about how you feel about the team, their chances, or anything.  ONLY because you refer to them as the "Patsies".  Next, you'll use what, "Cheatriots"?  As a fan, you seem classy, as in classy like LaDanian Tomlinson.  

Sections
Shortcuts