Who's on your ignore list?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Who's on your ignore list?

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : If NO ONE owes ANYONE a living, why do we have schools?  Why do people roar about what a great country is? I suspect you have a job, which is why you say "no one owes you a living". Drug R & D is "worthless"?  I'll remember that when you, or a loved one of yours, have cancer and need a pill. We don't need more schooling.  I trained to do something"useful".  It's NOT my fault your Repoobliconmen took away all the jobs and the companies that could hire me.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Well then move or get a new skill. 

You think you are smarter than everyone but you are out begging?  Genius.  Pure genius.

And yes, no one owes you anything.  Go out and earn it, tool.

If there is a market for drugs (there is) and people are willing to buy drugs (they are) - then there will be development of drugs (there is).

It just might not include paying you.  See how that works? 

What a whiner you are.  You want to do something but no one will hire you - so the country is to blame.  It couldn't possibly be you, could it?

So now you want the government to steal from your neighbors to pay you to do something that no one will voluntarily pay you to do?

Criminal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : What are you doing that's useful?  

I am exposing your idiocy.

But I do that for free because it is easy.

Maybe if you didn't post 500 - 700 times a day, you could find a job.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I actually feel the same way about ignoring others, and this thread was actually meant to be tongue in cheek.  That being said, some of you do get me angry with your attitude and how you act like you're more than just a fan of the Patriots. I've been following football since 1966-the Pats were my favorite team (and Bill Johnson was my favorite player) until the summer of 1967 (we all KNOW what happened then), and I have kept a Patriots notebook off and on since 1972.  I had several Patriots homepages in the 1990's (my pages were actually listed in a magazine Called the Best of Internet Sports)-one had rosters, one had stats and another had results-I have since been keeping this in an Excel spreadsheet.  I haven't updated it since about 2007 or 2008, though. My point is that I also know a lot about football, but I try NOT to act like I know everything.  Many of you do act that way and it BUGS the heck out of me.  I especially don't like the ones of you that INSIST on playing GM.  That's because I used to be on the Pats email list and that is all they did was play gm.  I remember 1995, when everyone either wanted the Pats to get Jack Del Rio or Ernest Givens (as they also needed a WR in 1995 (sound familiar?))-SOOOOOO that is why it gets annoying if you play gm.  The stress of not having a career that is stable adds to this. Seriously, I would not trade what I have gone through these past twelve years with ANYONE, even those of you on my "ignore list" )which may or may not be real, btw).  

OK, so you have been a Pats fan since 1966. I am assuming that would put you at a minimum of 8-10 years old at that point, lets call it 10 for easy math. You have (repeatedly) said you finished your PHD in 2000, so that would mean you were around 44 years old when you finished college. What did you do in your 20's and 30's? Did you build a work history that was exceptional and would prove to a company looking to hire you that you are uniquely qualified and have a strong work ethic with good references to prove that?  When you graduated, you started competing for scarce jobs with people who were most likely at least 15-18 years younger than yourself. Given a choice, companies will almost always hire a younger person. They can normally bring them in at a lower starting salary, they have more energy, they are normally willing to put in longer hours and can stay focused longer, and they can be trained to do a job a certain way. Fair or not, that is reality.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

There's not many people working in Parkinson's that are from Maine. I stand by its Maureen that lives in Maine from Copenhagen. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]^^ Laz I'm not sure if that is a compliment or insult lol ........and the colored girls sing....doot dadoot dadoot da doooooo
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]

Maaaan...I was WORRIED about that!!!  A:  A  C-O-M-P-L-I-M-E-N-T!!!  Sheez, even after lookin' it over, I said to myself, "Laz, head on back & do a little Edit Add-On final part into your post so there won't be any misunderstandings... I'm sure IF you're able to offer a 2nd oblique & vague sentence in conjunction with your ambiguous & obscure FIRST sentence...well, Then EVERY-one should readily understand the complimentary meaning of your entire post!" 

...'course, then I saw it & said, "Man that- yea, That probably didn't do the trick...But it's late & remember you wanna rent that new 'Rise of The Planet of The Apes,' flick."   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In response to your question: You.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Lol this is the best thread 66 has ever started. Cheers Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

n Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I actually feel the same way about ignoring others, and this thread was actually meant to be tongue in cheek.  That being said, some of you do get me angry with your attitude and how you act like you're more than just a fan of the Patriots. I've been following football since 1966-the Pats were my favorite team (and Bill Johnson was my favorite player) until the summer of 1967 (we all KNOW what happened then), and I have kept a Patriots notebook off and on since 1972.  I had several Patriots homepages in the 1990's (my pages were actually listed in a magazine Called the Best of Internet Sports)-one had rosters, one had stats and another had results-I have since been keeping this in an Excel spreadsheet.  I haven't updated it since about 2007 or 2008, though. My point is that I also know a lot about football, but I try NOT to act like I know everything.  Many of you do act that way and it BUGS the heck out of me.  I especially don't like the ones of you that INSIST on playing GM.  That's because I used to be on the Pats email list and that is all they did was play gm.  I remember 1995, when everyone either wanted the Pats to get Jack Del Rio or Ernest Givens (as they also needed a WR in 1995 (sound familiar?))-SOOOOOO that is why it gets annoying if you play gm.  The stress of not having a career that is stable adds to this. Seriously, I would not trade what I have gone through these past twelve years with ANYONE, even those of you on my "ignore list" )which may or may not be real, btw).  
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

I'm sure you do know a lot about football, but all you ever do is tear people down and call people's posts stupid.  That's not helpful, constructive, nor does it show people that you know ANYTHING about football.  You come across as rude, arrogant, and unlikeable.   We're on here to enjoy ourselves and maybe talk a little smack now and then.  The persistent ridicule bit you have going gets old REAL fast. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

This thread just proves that some folks will do just about anything to get attention.

Key pick up: "I'm working on a TREATMENT for parkinson's", not working on a CURE. This is like my kid, as teens, kept telling me they were going to TRY and not do that (insert the improper behavior) again. Is there any possible correlation between his "working on a treatment" and his Ignore list. Is he looking for a treatment for not looking at poss he doesn't agree with? Hmmm......

OOPS! I think I may have just made the Ignore List! I am truly blessed!

First of all, I want to thank all the little people.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I'm currently also begging for funding.  It's easy to do what you want-it's not easy to get paid to do it.  The haves wouldn't have it any other way. They tell you that if you work hard and get an education, you'll make it.  Unfortunately, they didn't plan for many of us not making it.  Their plan is to say, "oh well, nothing is guaranteed..."

My cousin is facing the same thing.  

The House has gutted research funding (as you know, so the fat cats have lower taxes and more disposable cash to buy more foreclosed properties and used yachts). 

'Cuz is is going to be canned next spring from Brown's cancer research program. We are talking about a guy who was part of the big team that worked on the human genome mapping project, who will now be forced to teach basics science to public school kids (noble, but 'Cuz is infinitely over-qualified - sort of like putting Bill Gates to work managing the New England region of Best Buy).  So instead of finding cures for the cancers that your mom, dad, sister, brother, husband, wife, kid and friend will get, he will be sending kids to the principal's office for talking in class.  

Cuz is one of the last ones standing, so it isn't a case of trimming the fat. Think, "wholesale slaughter of invaluable research resources." Many of his colleagues and peers have headed oversees, so they and others like them from other closed research programs can be paid to make trillions for America's biggest trade competitors.  BRILLIANT, right? 

You can thank Eric Cantor & his team of radical nut jobs when American research science can no longer find newer, better, effective treatments for your colon cancer!  Sleep tight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Nobody because I am not thin skinned. Only trolls are thin skinned. There is NO way that you are over the age of 16 and acting like this on a public forum. The things you say, I know you would never say to anyone if you were sitting across the table from them. That leads me to believe three things:

1. You are not a pats fan
    2. You are no older than 16 years of age
    3. You are more than likely a jets troll and only here to get a rise out of people

Carry on young troll, carry on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]'66 Perhaps you could get funding if instead of trying to cure Parkinsons you just invented a drug that people with Parkinsons need to take on a daily basis at $600 a pill. Drug companies would fund that. Where's the money in curing Parkinsons?
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

A lot of people don't know this, but many or even most of the drugs developed are created in government research projects located on college campuses, funded primarily by government research funds (tax dollars). Pharmaceuticals simply can't or won;t invest on the scale that the fed will. When a drug is created, it is then licensed to a pharmaceutical company (for a song), who in turn market the hell out of it during Pats games.  

A lot of drugs are created by seemingly endless trial and error.  They take monkeys, rabbits, cats, dogs, bunnies, mice, etc. and expose them to doses of varied formulae, time how long it takes for the test animals die (often with a stop watch), then tweak the formula and repeat the process.  Each animal is dissected to determine the effects of the formula.  In other words, they try to find results first, then pair them with diseases to treat the diseases.  So Rogaine was discovered to stop certain types of baldness, but was funded as a heart drug.

Take away the gov't funding on campuses and most drug research will grind to a halt.  As it is, Big Pharma has been pulling drugs from circulation because they don't make ENOUGH money, but they may hold the exclusive license, so nobody can produce and sell the drug in their place that your tax dollars developed because some CEO doesn't like the lower ROI that the particular drug offers. Thus, little Johnny dies an early death of a curable or treatable disease so some CEO can keep his stock price higher for when he/she retires in three years and eventually cashes out his stock options (you can thank Reagan for that last bit of reality, as he passed the tax law that shifted exec comp to primarily stock options, meaning execs would thereafter run companies with only the near future in mind, ditching any care for corporation's long-term health and wealth).

Now you know a little more about the real world and may appreciate more what college research contributes.  Guys like PatsFan1966 sacrifice their personal prosperity, working massive hours for peanuts, all for the greater good of the world, and you knock him for not being more socially Darwinistic.  Think about that they next time you fill a prescription for your sick kid. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Don't remember, don't care.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Wow, this information on how the world works is getting DEEP.

Some facts I have seen

1) If you have a skill someone wants they pay you for it.
    2) If you have a skill someone wants real bad they pay you a lot for it.
    3) Not everyone working hard and really smart will get to the top. (Just the law of averages just like not everyone makes the NFL)
    4) Many really smart people are a--holes with no social skills and that holds them back
    5) Companies and Grants close down all the time, Sh-- Happens, no one's fault, no one's grand plan.
    6) Aggressive people overcome and climb back up
    7) Others sit around and discuss why they got sc--wed and continue to fail.

New year coming up, we get to do it all over again, succeed and fail it is all up to us

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, this information on how the world works is getting DEEP. Some facts I have seen 1) If you have a skill someone wants they pay you for it. 2) If you have a skill someone wants real bad they pay you a lot for it. 3) Not everyone working hard and really smart will get to the top. (Just the law of averages just like not everyone makes the NFL) 4) Many really smart people are a--holes with no social skills and that holds them back 5) Companies and Grants close down all the time, Sh-- Happens, no one's fault, no one's grand plan. 6) Aggressive people overcome and climb back up 7) Others sit around and discuss why they got sc--wed and continue to fail. New year coming up, we get to do it all over again, succeed and fail it is all up to us
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

If you met my cousin, he is the kind of guy that is most people's favorite friend.  Very nice, funny guy.  Smart.  Talented.  Very sociable and warm.  A victim of politics, not economics. Really, we will all be victims in what is happening.  

And in case you didn't hear about, corporations have slashed R&D, even when many are realizing record profits.  Just like they are shedding workers while they are profitable.  There are corparations (aka "job creators") that are sitting atop fortunes in cash reserves who refuse to go first and hire back workers, which is what is desperately needed to create the disposable income that creates the consumer spending that creates the consumer demand for more products.  It all goes back to that tax law from 1986.  It is the single worst law passed in U.S. economic history, IMO.

It is not as simple as you have been taught to believe.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : The typical person that goes into pharma with a Ph.D. is going to be about 30 or so, probably older, as they will have done one or two two or more year post-doc positions.  So, the starting age in pharma would most likely be 30 something, say, around 34. That blows that theory. Secondly, they don't generally hire people right out of the second post-doc: they want around 8-10 years of INDUSTRIAL experience.  That puts the age up to about 40.

Yup, my cousin didn't become a Phd. until his late '30s.  Put himself through school, so started P/T at Community College of R.I. (was broke), then transferred to URI, then got masters (I think it was at Brown), doing research time at Harvard somewhere along the way, then got his Phd. at Brown, did some teaching while researching, then shifted to F/T research team leader.  

These guys here talking tough-economic-love don't have a clue.