Who's on your ignore list?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Who's on your ignore list?

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list?:
    In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. My resolution is to keep stealing from the poor and giving to the rich. All the best
    Posted by gmbill

ROFLOL!! 
    I LOVE It!  Because really gmbill- This is ALL I ask for!  In reality, I don't even wanna buy into some foolish mindset that we can bridge the wealth divide, or that Rich people will stop being greedy and selfish, and that poor people will stop being lazy & foolish... I don't care about ANY of that!?!  I don't care about about makin' a significant change by Occupying What-ever... 

ALL I want is honesty & sincerity of intentions. 
    LMAO- I was just at My Cigar Store & was talkin' to the owner, and I said: "Look Mike, you KNOW I've got my e-cigarette and I'm tryin' to quit all this tobacco cr#p of ANY kinds... So question: Do they make any kind of much less harmful to your health type'a cigar that you might carry?"
    He said, "Nah Laz...ALL my stuff WILL in fact, kill you."  

LOL!  I was dying!  I said, "Look, you know that's all I want. Just break it down like it is. Don't bs me, for God sake, ya know!?!"  If you're gonna turn me into a wage slave (even moreso, that is)- God=Just SAY so already!  Really, I'm actually o.k. with that...it's the insincerity of intention that bugsTH outta me.  Sheez, there's actually a distinct chance that I'll hand you my money after voting for your guy in office, if you're nice about your motives... 8^)     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : From your article: The average annual income in China's cities stood at 17,175 yuan (£1,685) last year, more than three times the average income of 5,153 yuan in the countryside, according to the National Bureau of Statistics. And here's   a US statistic for you : The United States is highest at 475 to 1.  The most recent chart from the Economic Policy Institute shows a ratio of 185 to 1 for 2009. According to the group’s calculations, the peak since the mid 1960s was almost 299 to 1. But it was never as high as high as 475 to 1. Meanwhile, the most recent ratio from the Institute for Policy Studies is also smaller -- for 2010, it was 325 to 1. In previous years the ratio on two occasions has exceeded 475 to 1 -- to be specific, 516 to 1 in 1999 and 525 to 1 in 2000 . http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/oct/10/facebook-posts/viral-facebook-post-ceo-worker-pay-ratio-has-obscu/ First my challenge:  If ya don't but "buy" the specific source of these findings, just go ahead and google something like "CEO to worker pay ratio in The United States."  I just took the first 1 on the list, so go 'head & offer me the one that best fits your argument, the most conservative one imaginable...happy hunting. By EVERY stat I've ever seen, The ratio of CEO to Worker (meaning: Someone who IS working) pay, was a 35:1 in 1978...and now it's 275:1 by the most extremely (here's your word) "conservative" estimates. Next:  I KNOW that we're discussing U.S. CEO to U.S. Worker pay ratio, while you've offered me a China estimate of "Rural Worker" to "City Worker" ratio...  But it doesn't change the simple fact here which I argued previously:  In China, the wage differences between employed citizens are NO-where, and Not-even-CLOSE to as grossly unbalanced as they are here.  Sorry.  And simply because now China's "Un-Balance" of city to rural workers is eeking out a miniscule seperation span at a tiny rate compared to their past estimates...?!?  This does NOT even remotely compare to the absurdity of the wealth divide currently in 2011 America.    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz, I warn you that you are dipping your toe into the LaBrea Tar Pit of threads.   

Just the same, I cannot resist.  

The reason for the disparity can be traced back to my post on Tuesday about the 1986 tax law change by Reagan to shift executive comp to stock shares.  

These guys hire consultants to tell their shareholders that these guys should get cushier stock option packages, and the execs get them.  And if the consultants do not advise the shareholders accordingly, they do not get hired to consult.  It is rigged.  

Before the tax law change, the average CEO worked his way up from the "mailroom" to CEO, and had worked for the company for 50 YEARS!!!!!  Today?  It is less than four years.  They do not care about the long-term health and wealth of the companies.  

If they get canned, they collect a fortune and do it all over again at another company.  Look what happened to HP.  To WorldCom.  And so forth.

It is a closed system, based in college fraternity culture (weird, right? NOW I wish I had pledged, LOL), where the players can't lose, no matter how poorly they perform and how ruinous they are to the corporations. 

We are witnessing a fleecing of corporate investors and employees on a scale never before seen in world history.  Thus, OWS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : From your article: The average annual income in China's cities stood at 17,175 yuan (£1,685) last year, more than three times the average income of 5,153 yuan in the countryside, according to the National Bureau of Statistics. And here's   a US statistic for you : The United States is highest at 475 to 1.  The most recent chart from the Economic Policy Institute shows a ratio of 185 to 1 for 2009. According to the group’s calculations, the peak since the mid 1960s was almost 299 to 1. But it was never as high as high as 475 to 1. Meanwhile, the most recent ratio from the Institute for Policy Studies is also smaller -- for 2010, it was 325 to 1. In previous years the ratio on two occasions has exceeded 475 to 1 -- to be specific, 516 to 1 in 1999 and 525 to 1 in 2000 . http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/oct/10/facebook-posts/viral-facebook-post-ceo-worker-pay-ratio-has-obscu/ First my challenge:  If ya don't but "buy" the specific source of these findings, just go ahead and google something like "CEO to worker pay ratio in The United States."  I just took the first 1 on the list, so go 'head & offer me the one that best fits your argument, the most conservative one imaginable...happy hunting. By EVERY stat I've ever seen, The ratio of CEO to Worker (meaning: Someone who IS working) pay, was a 35:1 in 1978...and now it's 275:1 by the most extremely (here's your word) "conservative" estimates. Next:  I KNOW that we're discussing U.S. CEO to U.S. Worker pay ratio, while you've offered me a China estimate of "Rural Worker" to "City Worker" ratio...  But it doesn't change the simple fact here which I argued previously:  In China, the wage differences between employed citizens are NO-where, and Not-even-CLOSE to as grossly unbalanced as they are here.  Sorry.  And simply because now China's "Un-Balance" of city to rural workers is eeking out a miniscule seperation span at a tiny rate compared to their past estimates...?!?  This does NOT even remotely compare to the absurdity of the wealth divide currently in 2011 America.    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Your initial post claimed there was no income inequality in China which my article established is false.  That the gap in China may be smaller than in the U.S. is irrelevant and does not make China communist.

Comparing the CEO to worker ratio in the US to the average worker in Chinese cities and average worker in rural China ratio is absurd.  They aren't even anywhere close to comparable.  Almost all the inputs into my ratios are not CEOs as virtually every worker in a city is not a CEO. 

By some estimates the GINI coefficient (a crude stat that measures inequality) is almost as high as in the US (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2172.html)

At the end of the day though it doesn't matter.  Income inequality exists in China.  Your original premise was wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : No problems with those that disagree with me Chris, I only have problems with folks telling me I had opportunities that they didn't, but yeah, you're right on with the preaching/choir sentiment.  Can't wait for the playoffs, but I'm a little nervous about Miami - thinking they'll be pulling out all the stops and our D hasn't exactly impressed me.  Hopefully, they can hold them just enough for TB, Gronk, Welker and friends of offense to put up a bunch of points.
    Posted by gr82bme

They are playing at Gillette, right?  Have the 'Fins ever won there?

But this is not a typical winter game in Foxboro. Feels like spring.

Like you, I am worried about Miami.  It is not the way they were playing.  It is the way they are playing now.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What the hell are you all arguing about? You act as if you have hope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Babe, help steer this toward football.  Do you think the 'Fins are a threat to upset the Pats this week?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : You don't get it. I'm talking about what people are told when they are young vs. what they are told when they're in my situation. When I was 22, I was told I could do anything I want if I put my mind and effort to it, which (in hindsight many years later) is NOT true. I could have gotten a lab job when I graduated (in fact, I was actually hired by a company located next door to the CIA, but I turned it down because it wasn't safe), and I'd be making well over $60K now. Now, everyone that is WORKING will tell you, nothing is guaranteed? Why? Why am I supposed to be happy that I have no money and no prospects?  Why am I supposed to be happy that the rich keep getting richer while I keep getting poorer? Why am I supposed to be happy when people ask me why I've been an academic so long when in actuality I've been looking for a real job since 1999? Why am I supposed to be happy when someone with a good job says, "nothing is guaranteed"?  Of course, we know HE went to school to get laid (NOT).
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Envy, thy name is Patsfansince1966.  Boy, your folks must be proud.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Babe, help steer this toward football.  Do you think the 'Fins are a threat to upset the Pats this week?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

interesting thread... not about football but interesting still. besides talking about football was not the the purpose of this thread anyway. look at the thread title.

there are many football threads. i find this a refreshing break. it turned a bit serious, but still a good break. there might actually be an important discussion going on here.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : You were too stupid to die in your war.

Typical "patsfan" classy thing to say.  Then again, I expected nothing more from you.  BTW Doctor Skippy, it wasn't my war or wars, but I gladly served as directed by the very folks we (that includes you if you're weren't to "sick" to get off your buttocks and actually vote) elected into office - so I actually served the will of the American people.  I wouldn't expect you to understand the nuances of "service" to others or to a cause, as you've amply demonstrated that the only thing you "serve" is yourself. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : interesting thread... not about football but interesting still. besides talking about football was not the the purpose of this thread anyway. look at the thread title. there are many football threads. i find this a refreshing break. it turned a bit serious, but still a good break. there might actually be an important discussion going on here.
    Posted by seattlepat70

Hey, haven't you read?  This is not a thread.  It's a tar pit.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I'm really happy to read this gmbill!  Just one point on the business side:  I agree that creating fake jobs and mere entitlements is not a sustainable approach.  At the same time, I think we need to recognize that free markets also don't solve all problems--and, in fact, sometimes create very real problems for individuals and even for whole societies as they force transitions upon us that we may not be able to easily absorb. At those times, we need to use our government responsibly to dampen the impact of the market and help people get through the inevitable disruptions that a changing market imposes on them.  I'm not for an "entitlement society"--but I'm also not for a wild west "every man for himself" society either.  I think a healthy society exists somewhere between those extremes. Certainly, in the West, our societies have been strongest when they support basically free market economies, but also preserve a relatively strong government presence to regulate excess and provide a reasonable safety net. Keeping the right balance is key.   Anyway, enjoy your Christmas!
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Bro, you make WAAAY too much sense for most of this crowd.

Enjoyed your posts.  Spot on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Posted by chrisakawoody

They are always a threat.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

I have Patsfansince1966 on my ignore list- this i a great topic- who came up with it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

The thread title is my fault.  It was meant to be tongue in cheek but went downhill fast.

See, we liberals can take responsibility, LOL.

And yes, that balanced approach post is a gem.  I missed several pages, so I missed that one.  I agree whole-heartedly.  And it is the very definition of old-school economic conservatism, pre-Buckley.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

so I actually served the will of the American people.

Thank you Sir, from my family to you and yours.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Yes, too bad most of those with jobs can't be more appreciative of it.

I am very appreciative to haver a job. Half the damn country is near the poverty level according to recent reports.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Your initial post claimed there was no income inequality in China which my article established is false.  That the gap in China may be smaller than in the U.S. is irrelevant and does not make China communist. Comparing the CEO to worker ratio in the US to the average worker in Chinese cities and average worker in rural China ratio is absurd.  They aren't even anywhere close to comparable.  Almost all the inputs into my ratios are not CEOs as virtually every worker in a city is not a CEO.  By some estimates the GINI coefficient (a crude stat that measures inequality) is almost as high as in the US ( https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2172.html) At the end of the day though it doesn't matter.  Income inequality exists in China.  Your original premise was wrong.
    Posted by pcmIV

First, it would be helpful giving me a link that works. Second, it would be believable giving me an acredited independant study of the ratios, similarities, and differences, by some organization other than findings from The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (not to say that they'd ever lie or skew details or anything).

Look, Rather than arguing unfitting rhetoric, just prove your argument that The Wealth distribution in China verses The United States, by offering ANY kind of chart, be it CEO to average worker or Rural verses Urban Worker, or what-have-you.  ANY-thing that offers a side by side comparitive based on each Country, not by estimates within the very same nation...

Here's the only one I could fins, but it doesn't offer up China:

...This particular one is offered time and time again by a million seperate sites, so trust me, you'll be able to find it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The thread title is my fault.  It was meant to be tongue in cheek but went downhill fast.

Just curious..why didn't you try the service?  At least the reserves.
    A person with education could automatically enter as an Officer and they have MOS's relating to your field. Education paid for, huge sign on bonuses, ect.
    You could still actually collect UI while not in service.
    Ok, you can go back to ignoring me again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

They supposedly were last year too.

They are doing better now than they were then, aren't they?  

But it will be good for the Pats to be challenged.  I think it was good last week. 

Sections
Shortcuts