Who's on your ignore list?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Who's on your ignore list?

Do any of you actually think either of these parties are going to ever take any of the money from the filthy rich and give it to the people? The only thing keeping the whole world economy from collapse is printing presses. The party's over. And they could care less what you have to say about it. Do you really think any of these candidates are significantly different? Maybe Ron Paul is, but the rest have already sold their souls. I doubt he could reverse things even if he got elected.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

NO one. I just don't get involved/goaded into an internet argument.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list?:
     NO one. I just don't get involved/goaded into an internet argument.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Oh yes you do.  I know you do!  I can prove it! ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Ron Paul is a Holocaust denier. There are politicians that would change things if they were allowed to.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Obama was going to change things, How'd that work out? Paul isn't a holocaust denier. You're joking right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Is the game Saturday this week?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

no president can change Washington...that would make him/her a monarch and the founding fathers set up our gov't to prevent that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

no president can change Washington...that would make him/her a monarch and the founding fathers set up our gov't to prevent that.
    Posted by harleyroadking12

These guys today take a dump on the founding fathers. They already have ripped up the Constitution and spat on it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Do any of you actually think either of these parties are going to ever take any of the money from the filthy rich and give it to the people? The only thing keeping the whole world economy from collapse is printing presses. The party's over. And they could care less what you have to say about it. Do you really think any of these candidates are significantly different? Maybe Ron Paul is, but the rest have already sold their souls. I doubt he could reverse things even if he got elected.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Agreed.  

I volunteered for my adlerman's campaign in IL and I smelled a rat after a while.  She was in aligned with another local pol whose family was perpetrating extensive real estate fraud.  I know, because they tried to get me to help them do it.

My alderman pushed reforms.  Started well.  But then she tried to pass an ordinance banning grass seed planting. Why?  I guessed that a hardware store or tree nursery wanted to sell more expensive turf and backed her. And there were others.

She tried running for mayor and I wouldn't help her run.

Started a reformer.  Became an operator.  And that was at the lowest of levels. And from what I knew, the rival party - in our town, anyway - was much worse. They all sell their souls.  They are all sycophants.  They are often sociopaths.

So ended my participation in political activism.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : How did the three jobs bills put forth by Obama do? Ron Paul is/was a Libertarian, who are known Holocaust deniers-do they deny that, too?

How did the Patriot Act he promised to end do? Is Gitmo shut down? Iraq was to be done in 6 months. Now they're gonna get the troops out and are salivating to go after Iran or Syria.

Jobs bills? They are a joke. He gave trillions to banks. That's your jobs bill. It's all BS. Whatever. The party's over. Consider yourself lucky if you aren't eating out of dumpsters in a couple more years.

I don't know if libertarians are generally speaking "holocaust deniers" but I know RP has never been accused of that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Agreed.   I volunteered for my adlerman's campaign in IL and I smelled a rat after a while.  She was in aligned with another local pol whose family was perpetrating extensive real estate fraud.  I know, because they tried to get me to help them do it. My alderman pushed reforms.  Started well.  But then she tried to pass an ordinance banning grass seed planting. Why?  I guessed that a hardware store or tree nursery wanted to sell more expensive turf and backed her. And there were others. She tried running for mayor and I wouldn't help her run. Started a reformer.  Became an operator.  And that was at the lowest of levels. And from what I knew, the rival party - in our town, anyway - was much worse. They all sell their souls.  They are all sycophants.  They are often sociopaths. So ended my participation in political activism.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

It is rotten to the core.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : How did the three jobs bills put forth by Obama do? Ron Paul is/was a Libertarian, who are known Holocaust deniers-do they deny that, too?

Paul scares me, as do most populists.  Nice, superficial package.  Looks like the noble renegade.  But at closer inspection, absolutely nutso and dangerous. I would rather have a benign puppet for prez than a off-this-planet ideologue.  Ideologues make bad presidents.

As for Obama, I lived in IL during his rise.  All of the columnists, regardless of orientation, were suspicious of him.  Rightly so.  He is very conservative in many aspects, packaged as a faux-liberal, controlled by some big interests (like the Pritzkers), and probably possessing many skeletons in his closet - the very reason he was "allowed" to be elected. Took credit for projects he hagfished upon (yes, I just coined that); shady land deal with Rezko; member of the now defunct Democratic Leadership Council, which was a Trojan Horse for the GOP-sponsoring special interests; sold-out public with health care deal by dropping public option while keeping mandatory particpation; kept immoral and/or illegal, unsupportable wars going (Libya, Somolia, Columbia, Afghanistan, Iraq); fought against medical marijuana and continued bogus, corrupt W.O.D.  He is a disaster for liberals, moderates and conservatives (not that the conservatives helped).

And yet, the alternative was even worse. Where is our Truman?  Eisenhower? T.R.?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Babe we don't agree on much but on this we can agree. They are all corrupt.

It's one of these reason I supported Ross Perot back in the day. The guy was a nut but he was a wise business man and so damn rich what could they actually bride him with?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Paul scares me, as do most populists.  Nice, superficial package.  Looks like the noble renegade.  But at closer inspection, absolutely nutso and dangerous. I would rather have a benign puppet for prez than a off-this-planet ideologue.  Ideologues make bad presidents. As for Obama, I lived in IL during his rise.  All of the columnists, regardless of orientation, were suspicious of him.  Rightly so.  He is very conservative in many aspects, packaged as a faux-liberal, controlled by some big interests (like the Pritzkers), and probably possessing many skeletons in his closet - the very reason he was "allowed" to be elected. Took credit for projects he hagfished upon (yes, I just coined that); shady land deal with Rezko; member of the now defunct Democratic Leadership Council, which was a Trojan Horse for the GOP-sponsoring special interests; sold-out public with health care deal by dropping public option while keeping mandatory particpation; kept immoral and/or illegal, unsupportable wars going (Libya, Somolia, Columbia, Afghanistan, Iraq); fought against medical marijuana and continued bogus, corrupt W.O.D.  He is a disaster for liberals, moderates and conservatives (not that the conservatives helped). And yet, the alternative was even worse. Where is our Truman?  Eisenhower? T.R.?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Obama has been a disaster. So was Bush. And all the repub hopefuls are more disaster in the making as well. Paul is the only one that is significantly different than the rest. Maybe he would be a disaster too. Those are your choices. Ron Paul, or the same old.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : First, it would be helpful giving me a link that works. Second, it would be believable giving me an acredited independant study of the ratios, similarities, and differences, by some organization other than findings from The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (not to say that they'd ever lie or skew details or anything). Look, Rather than arguing unfitting rhetoric, just prove your argument that The Wealth distribution in China verses The United States, by offering ANY kind of chart, be it CEO to average worker or Rural verses Urban Worker, or what-have-you.  ANY-thing that offers a side by side comparitive based on each Country, not by estimates within the very same nation... Here's the only one I could fins, but it doesn't offer up China: ...This particular one is offered time and time again by a million seperate sites, so trust me, you'll be able to find it.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

The link worked for me, but here is another one (http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/10/inequality-and-happiness ).  The data is from the OECD.  Honestly this is besides the point.  You aren't even arguing with me about whether there is inequality in China which was my main point anyways.  Saying that income inequality in the U.S. is higher (and that isn't entirely clear) doesn't change the fact that there is income inequality in China.  You are still wrong about that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Regardless of your persuasion, if you really want to get mad at them and put it into perspective, check out the Nathaneal Greene papers. The Providence Journal did a great series on it back in 2006.

http://cache.projo.com/extra/2006/greene/  

He was the general that lead the Southern Campaign to end the Revolution.  When you read how bad those soldiers had it - a third of them completely naked, in a bad winter, even barefoot, eating pine needles, bark and acorns - and they beat the richest army in the world, all so these bastards today could ruin our nation through their self-serving greed.  It will make you boil.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Babe we don't agree on much but on this we can agree. They are all corrupt. It's one of these reason I supported Ross Perot back in the day. The guy was a nut but he was a wise business man and so damn rich what could they actually bride him with?
    Posted by PatsEng

You already can barely recognize this country. And the real crap hasn't even hit the fan yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Was it "classy" to say my parents must be proud of me?

So that comment really equated to saying to a career military person that "you're to stupid to die in your war."  That's what I love about folks like you - you get to a point where your idiotic ideological statments are shown to be self-serving tripe, then when you're called on them by folks that actually have done something with their lives, you try to make yourselves out as "victims."  Not unlike the "we need to be more civil in our discourse" while simultaneously spreading uncivil discourse.  Yes, good Doctor, by all means continue following the methodologies of those that made you dependent on on people like me to help you make your way because you're too darn lazy to make it own your own - I really do understand why you're frustrated being that you're personally and professionally impotent.  Hate all you want, but that hate doesn't hide the fact that without folks like me, you'd have neither the right nor the guts to spew what you spew so well, then sit back and whine for your fair share.  So yeah, I suspect your folks must be really proud - they raised a nice little needy child who grew into a nice little needy adult.  Is that not what they intended?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Regardless of your persuasion, if you really want to get mad at them and put it into perspective, check out the Nathaneal Greene papers. The Providence Journal did a great series on it back in 2006. http://cache.projo.com/extra/2006/greene/    He was the general that lead the Southern Campaign to end the Revolution.  When you read how bad those soldiers had it - a third of them completely naked, in a bad winter, even barefoot, eating pine needles, bark and acorns - and they beat the richest army in the world, all so these bastards today could ruin our nation through their self-serving greed.  It will make you boil.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

It's all falling into place, and there isn't a damned thing anybody can do to stop it. Meet the new boss same as the old boss. What could even a Ron Paul do? Watch his vetos get overridden (assuming they didn't do a Kennedy on him)?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : You already can barely recognize this country. And the real crap hasn't even hit the fan yet.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I was predicting a lot of this back in 2004 and people thought I was being a Chicken Little. It was uncanny how to-the-T I was in my predictions.  I studied the bond market.  I watched gold and oil and foretold their shocking accents. At this time I was in the mortgage biz and was seeing what was happening to clients' incomes - down...down...down - and I knew they would eventually not be able to afford their A+ loans.  The mortgage biz was bad.  I know. I saw.  But it didn't cause the collapse.  It was ruined by the collapse, and then it amplified the collapse.  I predicted the R/E collapse., banks crisis, food price spike, vulture investing, you name it.  The only thing I got wrong was that I thought mortgage rates would hit double-digits.  And they would have, if Bush and Bernanke hadn't moved fast to prevent the whole economy and banking system from collapsing.  

All those people who thought I was losing my mind now ask me for investing advice.  

My best tip? Buy bank stocks and AIG in March of 2008.  AIG was liable for $43 trillion.  Fed would never let them sink.  The stock quintupled in two weeks. 

My last tip?  Buy into battery tech and rare earth mining/recycling.

These tips are good about once every four years.  Otherwise, drip investing is a good day-today way to invest.  If only I had some disposable income...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I was predicting a lot of this back in 2004 and people thought I was being a Chicken Little. It was uncanny how to-the-T I was in my predictions.  I studied the bond market.  I watched gold and oil and foretold their shocking accents. At this time I was in the mortgage biz and was seeing what was happening to clients' incomes - down...down...down - and I knew they would eventually not be able to afford their A+ loans.  The mortgage biz was bad.  I know. I saw.  But it didn't cause the collapse.  It was ruined by the collapse, and then it amplified the collapse.  I predicted the R/E collapse., banks crisis, food price spike, vulture investing, you name it.  The only thing I got wrong was that I thought mortgage rates would hit double-digits.  And they would have, if Bush and Bernanke hadn't moved fast to prevent the whole economy and banking system from collapsing.   All those people who thought I was losing my mind now ask me for investing advice.   My best tip? Buy bank stocks and AIG in March of 2008.  AIG was liable for $43 trillion.  Fed would never let them sink.  The stock quintupled in two weeks.  My last tip?  Buy into battery tech and rare earth mining/recycling. These tips are good about once every four years.  Otherwise, drip investing is a good day-today way to invest.  If only I had some disposable income...
    Posted by chrisakawoody

"and people thought I was being Chicken Little."  Perhaps they neglected to understand that Chicken Little only needs to be right once.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sometimes not talking about football is fun. This turned out to be a pretty good thread after all.  Interesting comments, civil discourse (mostly), lots of good contributions.  Nice work! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I was predicting a lot of this back in 2004 and people thought I was being a Chicken Little. It was uncanny how to-the-T I was in my predictions.  I studied the bond market.  I watched gold and oil and foretold their shocking accents. At this time I was in the mortgage biz and was seeing what was happening to clients' incomes - down...down...down - and I knew they would eventually not be able to afford their A+ loans.  The mortgage biz was bad.  I know. I saw.  But it didn't cause the collapse.  It was ruined by the collapse, and then it amplified the collapse.  I predicted the R/E collapse., banks crisis, food price spike, vulture investing, you name it.  The only thing I got wrong was that I thought mortgage rates would hit double-digits.  And they would have, if Bush and Bernanke hadn't moved fast to prevent the whole economy and banking system from collapsing.   All those people who thought I was losing my mind now ask me for investing advice.   My best tip? Buy bank stocks and AIG in March of 2008.  AIG was liable for $43 trillion.  Fed would never let them sink.  The stock quintupled in two weeks.  My last tip?  Buy into battery tech and rare earth mining/recycling. These tips are good about once every four years.  Otherwise, drip investing is a good day-today way to invest.  If only I had some disposable income...
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Sounds like you are Ron Paul.

My tip. Get out on the Rapture Train. This ship is goin' down.

Sections
Shortcuts