Who's on your ignore list?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Who's on your ignore list?

Noone cares about your job or your life except for you. Especially here. Harsh but true. Lets get back to the Patriots. *patiently awaiting 66 to call me a moron*....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I will "be a man" when everyone agrees that what one person is entitled to, everyone should be entitled to.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Wow - they have countries for people like you - you know, the People's Republic, North Korea, Cuba, etc - heck the Russians tried this idea out too - didn't work so well for them

You should consider moving to North Korea - a highly, expensively educated man like yourself would be in high demand there I reckon - and I am sure the can accomodate your desire for equality of treatment for all

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]PhD in pizza delivery and "Crafting", must have been an ivy league school.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Another with a job that was probably handed to them.

Actually, I was working on my PhD, realized I didn't have the ear of my advisors (much like you) and maybe also lacked the commitment to my studies, got out of academia, drifted around for a few years working menial jobs, then responded to an ad in the newspaper for a better paying job in a field only loosely related to my studies and located in another city where I knew no one, got the job, moved to the new city, worked to develop new skills, started to get bigger assignments and to build a reputation in my field, changed jobs a few times and, in doing so, moved between cities and countries, and now am a senior executive at a very large global company. 

Was anything handed to me? Not really. But at the same time, I'm not one of these people who buys into the myth that successful people are all self-made and have earned everything they get.  Material success results from a combination of innate skills, will, energy, and a decent amount of luck. In any field where success demands interaction with other people, social skills are especially important. Sometimes those are "nice" social skills--being charming and easy to work with. Sometimes they are darker social skills--like being able to intimidate other people or exploit them.  People succeed because their character is admirable--and sometimes because it's not so admirable. Success is not, in my opinion, an indicator of either virtue or villainy.  It's the result of having the skills and doing the things--good or bad--that lead to success.  Similarly, the lack of "success"--at least material success--is no indicator of one's ultimate worth.  There are plenty of unsuccessful people who are talented, hard working, and good, but just have focused themselves on things that don't lead to success or have simply had bad fortune. Sometimes these people are among the most worthy of all.  And sometimes not. The same dichotomy exists among the successful--some really are most worthy.  And others just prove that god, if he exists, is a most capricious deity. 

In the end you have to do what makes you happy--and if you succeed or fail, neither take too much credit nor ascribe too much blame--because ultimately the fates are fickle and we all come to the same end. From ashes to ashes, dust to dust. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I will "be a man" when everyone agrees that what one person is entitled to, everyone should be entitled to.

do you mean entitlements such as pensions for working hard for 30-40 yeare , or perpetual welfare for those who never work, or have 15 babies from 3 baby daddy's?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Maureen you should work at Walmart it pays more then your unemployment and you actually have something to get up for. Maybe its your attitude why you dont get hired. Talk about Randy Moss being a cancer I can only imagine what you are at work. On the political front John McCain is a RINO anyway no one cares what he says. Cantor makes sense too me.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

"Cantor makes sense too me"  Amen

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Ever been on welfare?  Know how much (or little) you get?

The closest was unemployment about 9 years ago when I got laid off. Got about $333.00 for 6 months, when it ran out I had to get temporary job till I got the job I have now.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : I suppose you don't tell your kids that they can do anything they want, then. I also suppose it would be easier for all of the US citizens to go elsewhere than it would be to hold our country up to what it tells the rest of the world it is because of morons like you.

Not when it is obvious to anyone that it is not the case - not every child born will have the skills necesary to be President of the USA - CEO of a Fortune 500 - manager of a warehouse - supervisor of a production line - or even auto mechanics, plumbers. etc - the simple reality is that Darwin rules

You must be a big fan of the soccer tournaments they have now where there are no winners and everyone gets a trophy

The United States did not become the United States by disincentifying excellence

I am truly sorry for your sitution - but you might have considered your employment options before you invested all that time and money in the degrees you have - you may very well have more renumerable employment skills now

Lastly - I have read your posts in this thread - you have this attitude that all these things happened to you - that you have no ability to control the outcome of your own life - that the realities of the world have conspired to hold you down...............

What a sad way to live - I certainly encourage my kids to believe that they  have free will and are blessed to live a country that will more than likely(not guaranteed though) reward them if they work hard to excel at whatever they choose to do

Dude - you make a choice every day you don't look at the mirror and tell yourself that today is the day that you are taking control of your fate - that you are not feeling sorry for yourself anymore - today is the day you are going to set some realistic goals for your future and start busting your hump to get there

Stop feeling so damned sorry for yourself - it is not becoming of an educated older man

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Were you offered the job in the new field?  Did you get it? If so, then you were given the chance, which is the same as something being handed to you.

We are all dependent on others.  That's why having social skills is so important if you're going to go anywhere in this world.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's on your ignore list? : Not when it is obvious to anyone that it is not the case - not every child born will have the skills necesary to be President of the USA - CEO of a Fortune 500 - manager of a warehouse - supervisor of a production line - or even auto mechanics, plumbers. etc - the simple reality is that Darwin rules You must be a big fan of the soccer tournaments they have now where there are no winners and everyone gets a trophy The United States did not become the United States by disincentifying excellence I am truly sorry for your sitution - but you might have considered your employment options before you invested all that time and money in the degrees you have - you may very well have more renumerable employment skills now Lastly - I have read your posts in this thread - you have this attitude that all these things happened to you - that you have no ability to control the outcome of your own life - that the realities of the world have conspired to hold you down............... What a sad way to live - I certainly encourage my kids to believe that they  have free will and are blessed to live a country that will more than likely(not guaranteed though) reward them if they work hard to excel at whatever they choose to do Dude - you make a choice every day you don't look at the mirror and tell yourself that today is the day that you are taking control of your fate - that you are not feeling sorry for yourself anymore - today is the day you are going to set some realistic goals for your future and start busting your hump to get there Stop feeling so damned sorry for yourself - it is not becoming of an educated older man

I reread your post - morons like me - to paraphrase what the guy in the James Bond Movie From Russia with Love said to James Bond - you may have all gaudy degrees and the debt that goes with them - but I am enjoying the ability to contribute significantly to your unemployment salary  - so I guess if that qualifies me as a moron so be it - I'll scuffle by with my 1st world salary and 3rd rate intellect - let me know how things go for you
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts