Who's taking that empty 53rd roster spot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Who's taking that empty 53rd roster spot?

Belichick has left the last roster spot empty.  I could be totally wrong, but my best guess is he's holding it for a veteran he'll bring back after game 1.  Vested veterans on the roster for game one have their salaries guaranteed for the year.  If, however, they are not on the roster for game one, their salaries aren't guaranteed if later cut.  That means there's an advantage to bringing on marginal veterans after game 1. 

Two guys who are candidates for that last, open slot include Fells (my favourite) or Washington.  

Any other thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Who's taking that empty 53rd roster spot?

I think you r right

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Fells, Gronk, Hernandez & Hooman were a solid group ( when healthy ) last season. Sudfeld as a replacement for GangBoy seems like a decent response to an unanticipated tragedy. Seems like BB also decided to squeeze some salary out of this group - if Fells plays along, I see him returning and I would welcome it.

BB may also want to see how things shake out in the kick returning arena during the first couple weeks before deciding on a Washington call-back. Will be interesting to see if another team grabs him after week 1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Obvious. Tebow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Obvious. Tebow.

Lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Obvious. Tebow.

You know Babe, as disgusting of a thought as this is, I saddly think that you may be onto something here.  I have no idea why NE would do this.  Tebow is obviously more worthless than t*ts on a boar, but I have to admit that it does seem like something that BB would do.  I find it odd that Tebow reportedly passed up an invitation to another NFL roster because he didn't want to change positions.  You would think that at this point, he would jump at any roster spot, any way he could get it.  Makes me wonder if there is a deal in place for him to come back here...  *puke in my mouth a little*

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Remember the last couple weeks when some posters were talking about how crazy it would be if New England kept Timmy Tebow on the roster taking up a "valuable roster" from a player who could contribute to the team? BB is showing us how valuable that last spot really is.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Remember the last couple weeks when some posters were talking about how crazy it would be if New England kept Timmy Tebow on the roster taking up a "valuable roster" from a player who could contribute to the team? BB is showing us how valuable that last spot really is.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

One of your best points ever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Obvious. Tebow.

You know Babe, as disgusting of a thought as this is, I saddly think that you may be onto something here.  I have no idea why NE would do this.  Tebow is obviously more worthless than t*ts on a boar, but I have to admit that it does seem like something that BB would do.  I find it odd that Tebow reportedly passed up an invitation to another NFL roster because he didn't want to change positions.  You would think that at this point, he would jump at any roster spot, any way he could get it.  Makes me wonder if there is a deal in place for him to come back here...  *puke in my mouth a little*

[/QUOTE]

There has been something going on with this from the day they signed TT.

You just don't get Kraft swooning over a guy in public like he did unless there's something in the works. Really, the only other guy I have ever seen Kraft praise like TT is TFB.

If anybody thinks BB makes every little tiny decision without regard for BK, they just don't get it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Obvious. Tebow.

I don't think Tebow is a vested veteran yet (need four years), so if they wanted him, they could have him now.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Belichick has left the last roster spot empty.  I could be totally wrong, but my best guess is he's holding it for a veteran he'll bring back after game 1.  Vested veterans on the roster for game one have their salaries guaranteed for the year.  If, however, they are not on the roster for game one, their salaries aren't guaranteed if later cut.  That means there's an advantage to bringing on marginal veterans after game 1. 

Two guys who are candidates for that last, open slot include Fells (my favourite) or Washington.  

Any other thoughts? 

I say he waits to see if the return game produces anything tomorrow, and if it does, Fells comes back, if it doesn't, Washington returns.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Seymour, maybe? Hopefully. A rotation featuring Seymour, Vince and TK with Armstead coming in time for playoffs is scary.

Sections
Shortcuts