Who's the Patriot you love to hate, but other posters seem to love?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who's the Patriot you love to hate, but other posters seem to love?

You all know I can't stand Ninkostink, hoping he shuts me up this season. Also, I don't get the love for Brandon Bolden. 

You guys?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Who's the Patriot you love to hate, but other posters seem to love?

ditto for Bolden.  Nink is a watered down Vrabel - he has just enough talent to keep BB happy.

I don't get Brady......lol. Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I really think Arrington is useless. No one else comes to mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

For me it's Gostkowski.

I have no faith in him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't know someone that everyone loves that I hate.

Arrington would be the easy answer but I don't think to many like him, Cunningham too.... Hrm, Tebow I guess but I don't really hate him as much as I hate the cult following and blind faith for a guy who has proven to be anything more than the A typical Heisman QB.... 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Gregory... he sucks in coverage especially against TE's in single coverage or should I say when he chases the TE's instead of covering them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Mayo and McCourty's name comes up....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I can't think of any.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't really hate any of them, but I do think there are a few players fans tend to overrate.  Some of them (like Edelman, for instance) are decent players, just not as good as fans seem to think.  You could have a similar thread about players, like Slater, who fans tend to underrate.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I don't really hate any of them, but I do think there are a few players fans tend to overrate.  Some of them (like Edelman, for instance) are decent players, just not as good as fans seem to think.  You could have a similar thread about players, like Slater, who fans tend to underrate.  

Nink is definately underrated by our fan base.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say Arrington is too.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Edelman.

Many Pats fans are on his jock because he tries hard and can be put in for different situations.

Big deal.  He's averaged less than 200 yards rushing and receiving for his career.  "But NAS, he also plays Special Teams!"  When you start lauding players for their punt returning, you need to step away from the football.  Slowly but deliberately.  Step away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Hmm...Till McD really really put some interesting game plan in a game.... I kind of think he is an overrated play caller

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm with the "other posters".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tough one.  But if had to choose.... Arrington.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Insanely underrated. The Lions broadcasters were raving about him the other night, and for good reason. What a versatile and impactful player. Gamer, always around the ball, etc.

Probably the most underrated defensive starter in the AFC.

[/QUOTE]

Undecided

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You people are so annoying. Who is "overrating' Edelman?  Don't you get the more you can do, the more it helps strengthen other spots of the roster.   He's an overachiever who gives 110%.

This is a perfect example of what I mean.  The fact that Edelman is an "overachiever" doesn't make him a great receiver.  Effort and results are two different things.  My take on Edelman is that he's a good punt returner and a so-so back-up slot receiver.  But some fans tend to think of him as equivalent to Welker, and just sitting on the bench because Welker has been in his way.  If that were the case, why did the Pats let him test free agency when Welker was likely to leave, and offer Edelman a bit more than the veteran minimum only after he didn't get much any other offers from other teams?  Why did they go out and get Danny Amendola to be the slot receiver for millions of dollars when Edelman was right there and cheap too?  

I like Edelman (like I said, I don't "hate" any Pats players).  I think he will (and should) make the team, primarily as a punt returner.  But I do think Edelman is overrated by some fans, who talk about him as if he has all this great potential as a receiver and is every bit as good as Welker--or even better.  I just don't see that.  None of the the GMs in the league seemed to see it either, since no one seemed to want him.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I don't hate any of them and really can't see why anyone would hate any of them. But then again I can't see being a fan of a team where I hate any of the players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I don't hate any of them and really can't see why anyone would hate any of them. But then again I can't see being a fan of a team where I hate any of the players.

Not sure it's so much hate as it is frustration over the plays they make. Like for me every time I saw Arrington on the outside it killed me because I knew the opposing QB would target him and sure enough there was Arrington giving up a big play down the sidelines as he looked lost.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not sure it's so much hate as it is frustration over the plays they make. Like for me every time I saw Arrington on the outside it killed me because I knew the opposing QB would target him and sure enough there was Arrington giving up a big play down the sidelines as he looked lost.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  And it's not really hate, it's just not understanding why people think a certain player is as good as others think he is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You people are so annoying. Who is "overrating' Edelman?  Don't you get the more you can do, the more it helps strengthen other spots of the roster.   He's an overachiever who gives 110%.

This is a perfect example of what I mean.  The fact that Edelman is an "overachiever" doesn't make him a great receiver.  Effort and results are two different things.  My take on Edelman is that he's a good punt returner and a so-so back-up slot receiver.  But some fans tend to think of him as equivalent to Welker, and just sitting on the bench because Welker has been in his way.  If that were the case, why did the Pats let him test free agency when Welker was likely to leave, and offer Edelman a bit more than the veteran minimum only after he didn't get much any other offers from other teams?  Why did they go out and get Danny Amendola to be the slot receiver for millions of dollars when Edelman was right there and cheap too?  

I like Edelman (like I said, I don't "hate" any Pats players).  I think he will (and should) make the team, primarily as a punt returner.  But I do think Edelman is overrated by some fans, who talk about him as if he has all this great potential as a receiver and is every bit as good as Welker--or even better.  I just don't see that.  None of the the GMs in the league seemed to see it either, since no one seemed to want him.  

I'm in this camp too. When he was a FA the giants had him in but that was it. We can find a punt returner. Hes also been concussed. Hard working guy but not a replacement for welker and we already have a few ST guys. I think his roster spot would serve the Pats better with a DT.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

All I will say about the other comments regarding Arrington, Mayo, Ninkovich, Edelman et al, do any of you really think that BB would keep these guys around if they weren't key contributors or worth the money?  Maybe BB has missed on some draft picks and FA pickups.  But I don't think he's stupid enough to keep his own guys around if they weren't pulling their weight. 

Arrington?  Pretty versatile, tough guy.  Edelman?  Snakebitten with injuries -- sort of like Amendola has been.  If healthy, he is part of the WR solution.  Big if.  Nink?  If some of you guys can't see what he brings to the table -- timely plays, versatile, steady play -- then clearly we're watching different games.  Same with Mayo.  All he does is tackle, which apparently is a bad thing to some of you.  

Sorry for the rant, but some of the guys singled out are better than some of you think.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

do any of you really think that BB would keep these guys around if they weren't key contributors or worth the money? 

Oh, I am sure he he thinks they are worth it, otherwise they would be gone.  He is the coach, he sees what they can do on a daily bases.  All I can say is what I see on Sundays and concerning Arrington I just don't see it.  Sorry.  But that contract he received, I don't get it.  He better play pretty vey good this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't really hate any of them, but I do think there are a few players fans tend to overrate.  Some of them (like Edelman, for instance) are good players, just not as good as fans seem to think.  You could have a similar thread about players, like Slater, who fans tend to underrate.  

Anonymis's comments are annoying, too.  McCourty and Mayo?  I mean, really?  Mayo, one of the 3 best LBs in the AFC almost every year and a former All Pro rookie like McCourty?

Just think, if guys like this and NInk didn't have Brady and Welker choke in SB 46 in the 4th qtr, the people complaining about these players, wouldn't be a reality.

Funny, huh?

Half the fun of another SB ring here will be seeing some of you whiny newcomer fans eat crow for years and years.

What is really annoying is you mentioning Brady costing us a SB loss is every freaking thread you participate in....THAT is annoying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't really hate any of them, but I do think there are a few players fans tend to overrate.  Some of them (like Edelman, for instance) are good players, just not as good as fans seem to think.  You could have a similar thread about players, like Slater, who fans tend to underrate.  

Anonymis's comments are annoying, too.  McCourty and Mayo?  I mean, really?  Mayo, one of the 3 best LBs in the AFC almost every year and a former All Pro rookie like McCourty?

Just think, if guys like this and NInk didn't have Brady and Welker choke in SB 46 in the 4th qtr, the people complaining about these players, wouldn't be a reality.

Funny, huh?

Half the fun of another SB ring here will be seeing some of you whiny newcomer fans eat crow for years and years.

What is really annoying is you mentioning Brady costing us a SB loss is every freaking thread you participate in....THAT is annoying.

[/QUOTE]

True! That and the fact he has to try to argue against everyone and anyone who has a differace of opinion. It gets so juvenile.  I have no issues with stating your point but when you have to name call and belittle others it gets so old.