Who's the Patriot you love to hate, but other posters seem to love?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Who's the Patriot you love to hate, but other posters seem to love?

I don't hate any of them, but I know for a fact that the following players sux.  Nink Mayo Mccourty Arrington Ridley Edelman The offensive line.....all of em. BJGE Chung Merriweather Tate Butler   All of the guys i mentioned sux and the it's not like the former players I mentioned are playing in the NFL any longer. I guess in short the guy I hate the most that everybody else for some very strange reason Incomprehendable to my simple mind seem to like is the general manager of this team. That's right Bill Belichick. That guy needs to go.     

"Defense Wins Championships"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

What is really annoying is you mentioning Brady costing us a SB loss is every freaking thread you participate in....THAT is annoying.

NO DOUBT!  Especially when we ALL know the Pats had the lead going into the Giants last drives and the DEFENSE allowed 88 and 83 yard TD's to lose both games with less then 4 minutes to go in both games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

The Giants wanted Edelman, yes.  

Edelman is not just a slot WR, Einstein. Welker was VERY LIMITED. He is ONLY a slot WR. Amendola, as you can see is also not just a slot WR.

The Giants wanted him??  Can you please provide proof?  I assume if they wanted him they would have offered a better deal then the one Edelman signed for with the Pats.  1 year, $765k, no guaranteed money.  The did do him a solid however by restructuring his incentive money due to him being hurt earlier this off season.

Yes, Edelman is just a slot receive and not a great one.  Certainly not anywhere near Welker and Amendola level.  Not even close.  Oh, he can return punts too but so can Welker and Amendola.  No, Edelman can't play CB and won't ever play QB.  Edelman was on the bubble a few years ago.  He will be down the depth chart come mid season if he isn't already out due to injury.  We won't see him back next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Spikes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And there goes another thread.  Started out as Pats fans discussing a topic.

Ended with the Forum Jester crying about Superbowls of years past...again...as usual.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I would say Mayo because he never makes the key play. It always seems that he makes the tackle but on say 3rd and 1 he makes it after the RB gained two yeards. Drives me crazy.

I would also argue that Mankins was dominant when he was healthy. It seems that he played injured the entire year last year. I was down on him also but watching him play heathly reminds how strong and great he is at run blocking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And there goes another thread.  Started out as Pats fans discussing a topic.

Ended with the Forum Jester crying about Superbowls of years past...again...as usual.

Yep....and with one click....POOF...he's gone again!! LOL

Never in my life have I ever seen someone hang around a place for so long where everyone thinks he's a complete joke. If he had half the IQ he claims he would have been outta here a long time ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I don't hate any of them and really can't see why anyone would hate any of them. But then again I can't see being a fan of a team where I hate any of the players.

+100

I file this thread under useless stupid waste of words. anybody that wants to "hate" a pats player and call themselves a pats fan should go root for the fkn jets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

I don't hate any player, but I think Gostkowski stinks. God help us if we ever need him to hit a 40 yard kick to win a playoff game.  It will never happen. 

But not many "other posters" love Gostkowski.  So I might go with Gronk. 

I'm annoyed and frustrated with Gronkowski being hurt all the time.  It's not his fault, but he's so fragile that I consider him borderline useless to the Pats going forward.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

I don't hate any player, but I think Gostkowski stinks. God help us if we ever need him to hit a 40 yard kick to win a playoff game.  It will never happen. 

But not many "other posters" love Gostkowski.  So I might go with Gronk. 

I'm annoyed and frustrated with Gronkowski being hurt all the time.  It's not his fault, but he's so fragile that I consider him borderline useless to the Pats going forward.  

The guy broke his arm on a ST unit (PAT?), so in part maybe the Pats should re-think having guys like Gronk play special teams.  Then again, a lot of guys who play real minutes on this team are also on ST stalwarts, which has been the way it's always been.  I can recall more than one star player on this team getting hurt playing STs (or maybe at fullback, like our former All-World DE/DT, Richard Seymour.)

Guys get hurt, it's a reality of life.  Gronk tried to gut it out in the SB with a high ankle sprain.  Ever try to walk let alone run with a high ankle sprain?  Fragile is not the word I'd use, these guys put their bodies on the line every day and take punishment that would maim or cripple most of us.  Unlucky?  Maybe.  Fragile?  No.        

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

For me its McCourty. I love the kid, but I thought he was better than his brother coming out. Now he is a converted safety (who is always gonna be hurt cuz he is a CB trying to hit like a safety) who people think should be paid as a top flight safety after only playing a half a season and looking adequate with some flashes here. His Brother just cashed in last year and for a twin, I cant see how he is able to play the CB position but he cant. His regression as a !st round pick(4 down player sounds stupid now) made us have to draft at CB yet again and I dont see him being an elite safety. I think Ideally, you have atleast ONE real safety and we have 2 converted CB's who....cant cover.....smh. We know why Gregory was converted. Can u imagine him trying to cover a WR? He cant even stay with TE's. So i guess I have to say its the whole secondary that I hate because people here think its the greatest thing once Talib got here. The rest of the guys still Stink IMO....outside of Dennard who is good but pretty dumb

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Edelman. Not a fan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

For me its McCourty. I love the kid, but I thought he was better than his brother coming out. Now he is a converted safety (who is always gonna be hurt cuz he is a CB trying to hit like a safety) who people think should be paid as a top flight safety after only playing a half a season and looking adequate with some flashes here. His Brother just cashed in last year and for a twin, I cant see how he is able to play the CB position but he cant. His regression as a !st round pick(4 down player sounds stupid now) made us have to draft at CB yet again and I dont see him being an elite safety. I think Ideally, you have atleast ONE real safety and we have 2 converted CB's who....cant cover.....smh. We know why Gregory was converted. Can u imagine him trying to cover a WR? He cant even stay with TE's. So i guess I have to say its the whole secondary that I hate because people here think its the greatest thing once Talib got here. The rest of the guys still Stink IMO....outside of Dennard who is good but pretty dumb

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

I can see why you would feel that way.  Personally I think this team was better when we were drafting linemen. You gt the o line pushed in their backfield and our back end looks a lot better. I don't know why but I feel a push for Seymore coming.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

For me it's Mayo and I certainly don't hate the guy - actually I think he's one of the nicest guys you're going to find in professional sports. This guy is a joy to listen to in interviews on the radio...seems very down to earth, where as a guy like Chung sounded like a guy that was too good to waste his time talking with the interviewers. I just think Mayo is overrated, I don't think he has improved, I don't think his game is at that level it needs to be, I don't like him on the outside and I don't like him in coverage. I think he is stiff as a pass rusher (which is why I think they don't use him), I think he is the last guy moving after the ball in snapped, and I think his instincts are off.

I honestly think he is the most replaceable linebacker we have and considering he is the highest paid, that is not good. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

For me it's Mayo and I certainly don't hate the guy - actually I think he's one of the nicest guys you're going to find in professional sports. This guy is a joy to listen to in interviews on the radio...seems very down to earth, where as a guy like Chung sounded like a guy that was too good to waste his time talking with the interviewers. I just think Mayo is overrated, I don't think he has improved, I don't think his game is at that level it needs to be, I don't like him on the outside and I don't like him in coverage. I think he is stiff as a pass rusher (which is why I think they don't use him), I think he is the last guy moving after the ball in snapped, and I think his instincts are off.

I honestly think he is the most replaceable linebacker we have and considering he is the highest paid, that is not good. 

Of course you think that. And, you never once criticized Brady being the highest paid while getting worse every postseason for us since 2010.

Brady is not above reproach or above the team.

Tedy Bruschi couldn't cover an ant with a tarp. All of a sudden, it's 'cover this' and 'cover that'.

Show me a 5 tool LB and you might point to Patrick Willis and that'a pretty much it.

Of course here is a thread in which people are expressing an opinion - and you being the massive moron you are - chime in on every other post like you are Robocop. Get a life, go away, learn the game...try adding vitamin D to your diet...ask the manager at CVS if he can move you to the stock room.

Here's a little ranking on linebackers from that website you love so much!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/07/02/five-years-of-pff-grades-top-10-linebackers/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I saw Willis miss a tackle last season. Remember Urlacher being embarrassed by the fleet-footed Tom Brady? Our players aren't perfect but whose are?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/07/02/five-years-of-pff-grades-top-10-linebackers/

Hey rust! Check out these linebacker rankings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I saw Willis miss a tackle last season. Remember Urlacher being embarrassed by the fleet-footed Tom Brady? Our players aren't perfect but whose are?

Pretty much my point. You get the impression that all the BBWs don't watch any football outside the games our team plays in.

Then, they come and lecture or scapegoat players on our team who don't have a ring yet.

I don't "love to hate" any Pats player. For example, I hate the fact I have to be honest about Brady and his subpar postseasons lately.

Sucks, but I am not going to lie.

I also don't hold players like Mayo or McCourty to some outlandish bar like they must be HOF players right now or else!

You should hold Mayo up in a higher light, because that is the way he is paid, are you this dense? His money is a resource that can go elsewhere - if you are going to be paid like it, you have to earn it...you have to warrant it. You can't miss tackles on the goal line in the playoffs, you can't look like a rookie in coverage, you can't consistently get blocked by tightends on the outside...or pick the wrong gap...or not get to the edge. Can't do that. He makes playing linebacker look like the most difficult thing in the world, yet there are plenty of guys that make it look a whole lot easier than he does...Spikes is one. Spikes has half of Mayo's talent, yet he knows how to play, he has a mentality for the spot, he has the instincts...Mayo doesn't. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

PFF has some inetresting grades for their All Rookie team especially on the Defensive side of the ball.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/15/2012-pff-all-rookie-team/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't do rankings.  Stats and rankings are for losers. BB once said that.   He's a smart guy. You're not, Cupcake.

Really? Because you went around for a year telling everyone Merriweather was the second best safety in the AFC based off the rankings of this very same website. Remember that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't do rankings.  Stats and rankings are for losers. BB once said that.   He's a smart guy. You're not, Cupcake.

Really? Because you went around for a year telling everyone Merriweather was the second best safety in the AFC based off the rankings of this very same website. Remember that?

No, I don't. I remember telling morons you that he didn't stink so bad because he was CHOSEN to be the first FS reserve at the Pro Bowl two years in a row.

I didn't choose him, moron. Get it?

You've been trying to lie and take my statements well out of context here in desperation for YEARS and it just won't work.

If someone sucks, like Mark Sanchez for example, he's not a reserve in the Pro Bowl.

It stated many times I thought he needed to work on his high tackling, angles and cerebral play. The latter, likely impossible because he never came off as intelligent.  He didn't take the coaching, so see ya.

That's not the way everyone remebers it, just like you didn't remember saying Martin didn't catch footballs out of the backfield. Ever. Even though he is 13th all time in receptions by a running back and has one of the highest receptions per year averages of any running back all time. Truth hurts, lying does too, but you already know that...you're the one who gets called out on it daily. Say, perhaps you should take a day or two off from "discussions" on the board and maybe watch a little football, or read about it here? That way you won't be a clueless liar:)   What do think?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

[QUOTE]

Edelman. Not a fan

LOL!

Fat Virgin does not like Edelman on our  team. Priceless. He's still trying to pass off that he is a posing Pats fan, signing in and out. PSYCHO.

But, your jealousy is delicious, Bustchise.

Edelman was a 7th rd pick and has been tremendous value in many ways.  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Put a cork in it drippy.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Who's the Patriot (non) fan you love to hate, but other posters seem to hate? Too easy....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Edelman.

Many Pats fans are on his jock because he tries hard and can be put in for different situations.

Big deal.  He's averaged less than 200 yards rushing and receiving for his career.  "But NAS, he also plays Special Teams!"  When you start lauding players for their punt returning, you need to step away from the football.  Slowly but deliberately.  Step away.

You have little to no football knowledge. The only flaw with Edelman is he can't ever play 16 games.

Good hands, consistent, athletic and dangerous in open space.  Yeah, terrible skill set.

Maybe he hasn't produced a ton because, you know he backed up Welker and Brady was busy throwing to him, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch since 2010?

I agree, but you may want to scratch the word consistent.