Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?

Who else? But Mr. Patriot himself

Tom Brady

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

JCap says GCap:

Gino Capelletti

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?:
    In Response to Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot? : you mean Curtis Martin the NEW YORK JET?  ick. Mine is Troy Brown.  Here for keeps, played defense, offense special teams after being cut once and barely making the team.  Guts, toughness, willingness, quiet, winner.   Second place Tedy Bruschi, most of the same reasons.   Third Tom Brady. I wouldnt include anyone who didnt win a superbowl.  Thats just me.  I understand if anyone else doesn't agree.  
    Posted by Davedsone

It's not Martin's fault they were too cheap to pay him. He played out his rookie contract at an insanely low salary. Even though he was one of the top backs in the league.
    He didn't complain or hold out, like 90% percent of these guys do. He just played out the rookie contract and went where he was actually wanted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Mo Lewis, nobody did more to turn this franchise around than he did.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Good Point.

Write in for Mo Lewis!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Mel Gibson (as Benjamin Martin): "If you mean by patriot, am I angry about taxation without representation, well, yes I am."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Ty Law...without a doubt.

Sad thought, that noone gives a good-darn about Johnny Tremain, the headless horseman, or any 1 of PBS's The Liberty Kids...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

- Alabama John, mostly because he remains the best at his position in the history of the NFL (note:  when Hannah went up against his peer, Dallas perennial All-Pro tackle Randy White [considered the best d-lineman of his time] on Monday Night Football, Hannah didn't miss a single block all night.)

- Bruschi, Troy Brown, Grogan - a tie:  they're all Ultimate Patriots, 100% dedicated over-achievers who unfailingly did whatever it took to win.

- Pats #56, Hall of Fame LB Andre Tippett:  overshadowed by Giants Lawrence Taylor everywhere but here.

- WR Stanley Morgan, practically unstoppable.  And he played BEFORE the NFL changed the rules about bumping receivers off the line of scrimmage. 

- Gino Cappelletti, the leading scorer in the history of the AFL (belongs in Canton, Ohio); not just a kicker, a darn good receiver too. 

- Willie McGinest, a born leader and strong, very strong.

- Ty Law, one of the most talented Pats ever, may well wind up in the Hall of Fame himself.

- Nick Buonoconti, MLB could have played in any era; similar in size to Bruschi.

- LB Steve Nelson, a career of excellence.

- Larry Eisenhauer, Jim "Earthquake" Hunt, Houston Antwine, and Bob Dee should NEVER be overlooked; era-for-era, pound for pound, they may have formed the best D-line in Pats history.

- Fullback Jim Nance, BIG, strong and fast; his 65-yard TD run from scrimmage at Fenway in a key game vs. the hated Bills will never be forgotten.

- Adam Vinatieri, a likely Hall of Famer for all of the reasons we know, also his catching up to and tackling of Herschel Walker from behind.

- Richard Seymour, wouldn't have won 3 Super Bowls without him.

- Drew Bledsoe, the needed talent to go with the respect and credibility brought by Bill Parcells.

- TE Ben Coates, in his prime, an absolute force.  

- Rodney Harrison, didn't play here long, but had a Dennis Johnson-like effect on Pats.  He put them over the top.

- Mike Haynes, great but didn't stay.

- Jim Plunkett, 1971.  See Bledsoe, substitute Chuck Fairbanks for Parcells.  WOn two Super Bowls with Raiders after he left Pats.  The guy could pass a football, especially once he got a good o-line in front of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

I apologize for leaving Brady off my list.  Brady has to be #1, just ahead of Hannah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady and the best at their positions on defense during the dynasty.

That's Seymour on DL, Willie Mac at LB, Ty Law in the secondary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Andre Tippett, Kevin Faulk, Brady and Bruschi. Sorry, impossible to choose one.

If Curtis Martin hadn't bailed for the jets, he would be up there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Darryl Stingley. Who gave more to this team?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichicksDisciples7. Show BelichicksDisciples7's posts

Top 5
    1. Tom Brady
    2. Tedy Bruschi

3. Steve Grogan

4. Andre Tippett

5. Kevin Faulk

Honorable Mention: Wes Welker

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Troy Brown. 

He could do anything you asked of him, including playing corner.  And that forced fumble after Brady's INT in SD when all appeared lost epitomized his never-give-up style.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Count so far:

Tom Brady         11 votes
    Steve Grogan      8 votes
    Troy Brown         7 votes
    Tedy Bruschi       7 votes
    John Hannah       5 votes
    Rodney Harrison   4 votes
    Willie McGinest    4 votes
    Ty Law              4 votes
    Gino Cappelletti   3 votes
    Steve Nelson      3 votes
    Andre Tippett     3 votes

Some people voted for more than one player, but I counted them anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I think some people on this post are confusing "favorite" with "best".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

It had nothing to do with the Pats being cheep...it did have EVERYTHING to do with the Tuna knowing the cap sitsuation that he created the year before and knowing exactly what the Pats could afford to pay Martin and just offerd more then that. With that corrected Id have to go with T Brown and T Bru cant put one ahead of the other. They both imbody eveything we currently call the Patriot way.
    Posted by Lastat

They could have matched the Jets offer. Not only that, they screwed him the entire length of his contract, including that offseason when they took care of Ted Johnson (with a huge contract) and several other players. They could have taken care of him long before Tuna got his hooks into him and stole him. They thought they could get him on the cheap and they were wrong. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Stanley Morgan,WR  Ball, Catch, Good Night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Ok, I personally met John "Hog" Hannah in his playing days and he was a mountainous OG that moved like a Full Back!  In my opinion (and many others) the best pulling guard in the history of the NFL. I remember him just demolishing defensive linemen and LB's and DB's as he came off the edge and then opened up the hole for some pretty decent RB's. 

So I give him the slight nod over Tom Brady and then close behind at #3 and #4 are Teddy Bruschi and Andre Tippett then a bit of a drop off but then you get into the Bruce Armstrongs, Troy Browns and Mosi Tatupu's on my list. 

I never saw Gino play but looking at the stats and time period he played it is fairly obvious he deserves to be in the HOF.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

jsppro1... I loved Stanley Morgan and it was the first time I was hurt by a player leaving the Patriots to finish his career anywhere else... not his fault he wanted to play a couple more years and the Patriots rightly knew his best years were way behind him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

It is hard to pick and although I believe Brady to be the best thing it did happen to this franchise I have to say mine is Tedy Bruschi.  He was the heart and soul of that D, it was proven twice in his career when he was out for health reasons and last year after he retired.

This guy was not close to been the best player on the field but played with everything he had and turned out to be a hell of a LB.  Another player who can say the same thing on O is Troy Brown.

If I were building a team I want those guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I haven't visited the Hall Of Fame in a long time, but back then, one of the first things you saw upon entering was Gino Cappelletti's shoes. However, he deserves a bust and he's my favorite all-time Patriot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Despite all of the greatness of the Belichick / Brady Era...I have to say my favorite all time is Steve Grogan...he was made of scrap iron and tough as nails. I remember him being one of the best running QBs of his era until he took too many hits on his knees. He also saved some of our pride with a late touchdown drive in the 86 Super Bowl against Da Bears.  Honorable Mentions to Gino & Babe!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisBarb. Show ChrisBarb's posts

Drew Bledsoe.  Turned the franchise around.  The first legit qb they ever had.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

As a bartender in the early 80's, I shut off tony Franklin the kicker, what a lush he was.  What about Russ Francis?  Sam Cunningham? Doug Flutie?

All favorites, maybe not the best, but surely favorites!

Sections
Shortcuts