Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?

Sam "Bam" Cunningham

Professional career

In only his second year 1974, he gained 811 yards and 9 touchdowns as he led the New England Patriots to a surprising 4-0 start before faltering to a 7-7 finish. In 1977 he gained a career high 1,015 yards and scored 4 touchdowns, and also caught 42 receptions for 370 yards and a touchdown. He played his entire career (1973 through 1982) with the Patriots and was a 1978 Pro Bowl selection.

Cunningham finished his career with 5,453 rushing yards, 210 receptions for 1,905 yards, and 49 touchdowns. He is the older brother of former UNLV and NFL quarterback (and All-America punter) Randall Cunningham.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Steve Kiner, LB from the early 70s.  Came over in the Duane Thomas trade I believe.  Lived in a bus or a camper (or some such thing) in the parking lot of the stadium, and was known to live an herbal lifestyle, not that I'm advocating that...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In Response to Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot?:
    In Response to Re: Who's your favorite all-time Patriot? : I'm not talking about Sports Illustrated covers - I'm talking about the ESPN Classic footage where Hannah pulls and knocks someone's head off.  He was a wrecking ball at the position. That you would imply that Eason was greater than Hannah is completely and utterly absurd.  Eason isn't even the best QB (or the second best) in his franchise's history. Praise for Hannah is justified, if not by his film then by his peers who lined up across from him. I doubt you'd hear anything remotely comparable about a mediocre QB.
    Posted by NickC1188

Nick, there's never been a HOFame player more unappreciated by his team owners than John Hannah was by the Sullivan's. The guy played for several coaches, on god awful teams, in a horrible facility, and for a salary that was laughable, if not an embarassment(I think he actually sued to get paid !) through his whole career and the guy never saw a respectable contract. And despite all of that B-S, the guy attends several Pro Bowls and heads to the Hall of Fame.
     Hold out ?! The Pats had it coming to them..... and what a shame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Kevin Faulk or Troy Brown

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steely2212. Show steely2212's posts

When I was a kid we went to Foxboro for the season of 1971, and for me the most thrilling player was Randy Vataha. He was small, 5-10, 170, came as a free agent after being cut after a 17th (!) round drafting-- but the man could run and catch the ball whereever Mr. Plunkett chucked it. He never really topped that great first year. His scampers will not be forgotten.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Offense - Steve Grogan, no one tougher Defense - Steve Nelson, no one worked harder
    Posted by slakrking

Here, here 

Maybe add in Stanley the Steamer Morgan  to go with Grogan!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

When I was a kid we went to Foxboro for the season of 1971, and for me the most thrilling player was Randy Vataha. He was small, 5-10, 170, came as a free agent after being cut after a 17th (!) round drafting-- but the man could run and catch the ball whereever Mr. Plunkett chucked it. He never really topped that great first year. His scampers will not be forgotten.
    Posted by steely2212

Good memories , Vataha and Bob Windsor at TE until he broke his leg ,they gave us hope back then!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I do not know if he is worthy of the Greatest Patriot accolade but I truly think Raymond Berry should be in the mix for favorite Patriot. He took us to the SB when the Pats were considered an NFL afterthought. He was a professional ( NFL HOF, arguably one of the best WRs....EVER!) and  moreover a gentleman. Anyone my age, who went to any of the Smithfield camps during his tenure will acknowledge his interaction with the fans and the (their) kids was truly memorable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Come on it isnt even close;  let me give you a clue; he has won 3 super bowl rings, has been a two time super bowl MVP and has been an NFL MVP.  Are you kidding me ????????????????????????????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I know he wasnt the "greatest" Patriot of all time, but when I first became a Pats fan as a kid, I loved me some Ben Coates.  Since then it would be the obvious.  TB12.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Clyde Washington....my all-time fav....lol