Who's your favorite player?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Who's your favorite player?

Some other time we can discuss all-time favorites, but for now, let's go with players currently on the roster. Try to follow up with your reason(s) why. I'll get things started.

My favorite is Matt Light. Not only has he been with the team for a long time, he has been a very good player for us over the years. He does some good work off the field, and it doesn't hurt that he went to Purdue, which is about twenty minutes from where I live.

Honorable mention goes to Stephen Neal for two reasons. For one thing, he's been on the team for several years, and that's always a bonus. Second, he appears to be a great teammate. He always seems to get in on the end zone celebrations, and he's always there to scoop a teammate off the turf at the end of a play.

Weird reasons are STILL reasons!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Who's your favorite player?

Tom Brady. Ball game.

199th pick. Ran into Robert Kraft at a team event and told him that he was the greatest decision Kraft's ever made. Does his work as a backup, holds the clip board and maintains a positive attitude throughout. Bledsoe goes down, Brady steps in and the rest is history. California kid but played even better in bad weather games. Does a lot for the community in and outside of Boston. You always heard new players marvel at the fact that to this day, Brady is the first one in and the last one out. Most notably, Fred Taylor said this during training camp.

Most importantly, he's clutch. He seems to play better when the going gets tough or the stakes get higher. That's something you can't teach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Who's your favorite player?:
    [QUOTE]Tom Brady. Ball game. 199th pick. Ran into Robert Kraft at a team event and told him that he was the greatest decision Kraft's ever made. Does his work as a backup, holds the clip board and maintains a positive attitude throughout. Bledsoe goes down, Brady steps in and the rest is history. California kid but played even better in bad weather games. Does a lot for the community in and outside of Boston. You always heard new players marvel at the fact that to this day, Brady is the first one in and the last one out. Most notably, Fred Taylor said this during training camp. Most importantly, he's clutch. He seems to play better when the going gets tough or the stakes get higher. That's something you can't teach.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    This

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

For me "favorite" doesn't mean best.  Brady is the best player but I like Welker.  He doesn't have the physical gifts of a lot of recievers but plays better.  He always seems to fall 3 yards forward no matter where he is hit from.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

He Hate Me

I know he's not on the roster but how can you not love a dude that would put that on his jersey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't really have a favorite, but Kevin Faulk deserves special note for everything he's done for the team for so many years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Who's your favorite player?:
    [QUOTE]I don't really have a favorite, but Kevin Faulk deserves special note for everything he's done for the team for so many years.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    Good point, I change my vote to Faulk. 

Can't think of one bad think about him and he was there through the Super Bowl years.  He's a playmaker, though he'll never see the HOF or pro bowl he always comes up big.  Got screwed on 4th and 2.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

It's a toss-up between Welker and Faulk for me, both are hard working, reliable and don't give up on plays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

I'm a huge Welker & Faulk fan... maybe it's b/c I'm short, so I really admire how they have excelled, despite their size "limitations".

Like a few others have mentioned, they are hard workers, reliable, have a a knack for always getting the big play that saves the drive, and almost always get those huge chunks of YACs. They get hit hard (even when they know it's coming, they just hold on and make the play), and just get up and dust themselves off, and get ready for the next play, that to me is amazing.

I hope that Welker can go on and have a long career with the Pats like Faulk has and like Troy Brown did. These a great guys to cheer for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Maroney!  No, no ... Wilhite!  No, no ... Galloway!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LJB064. Show LJB064's posts

Wes. Welker.

Sections
Shortcuts