Whose the #1 FA out there the pats will try to get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

Whose the #1 FA out there the pats will try to get?

I say lets get the best pass rusher who isnt 100 yrs old, or a kick butt wr!!!!! and get our rb in draft!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: Whose the #1 FA out there the pats will try to get?

The way things have been going lately free agent wise they will probably try to bring Jerry Rice out of retirement

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Our own...

Wilfork, Mankins, Bodden... etc 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wilfork and Bodden from inhouse, Karlos Dansby from outside

Mankins is a RFA, so he'll be tendered a contract if someone else wants to sign him it will cost them a 1st and 3rd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I think it makes sense to go after a good CB. I think they're more rare and harder to get right in the draft than a Rhinoserus that clogs running lanes.

They may also go after another good safety.

Who are the good DBack FAs this year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Definitely not safety.  It is the deepest position on the team right now.  They have too many needs to spend limited resources on that position.  

Wilfork, Bodden, and extending Brady will be the top priorities, I think. 

I think pass rushers will be acquired through the draft and maybe a low risk signing like this Ricky Foley guy.

I'd also expect a veteran wide receiver to be brought in, such as Branch, Floyd, or someone else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I just hope Kraft spends some money.  He promised to spend to the cap and they haven't been close the last couple of seasons.

It shows.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Guys, here is a link to a site that covers all the F/As.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

There isn't much of anything at OLB help but there are several stud ILBs.  I expect some of these guys to be signed or tagged by their current teams.

Karlos Dansby, ILB, Cardinals. Age: 28. 
    One of the top linebackers in the league, Karlos Dansby can play in any scheme. In a shallow market, teams will throw truckloads of cash at Dansby. Al Davis may even offer some of his virgins.

DeMeco Ryans (RFA), ILB, Texans. Age: 26.
    DeMeco Ryans will get a huge deal this offseason. He has totaled at least 112 tackles in each of his four seasons and has already made the Pro Bowl twice.

Barrett Ruud (RFA), ILB, Buccaneers. Age: 27.
    One of the top inside linebackers in the league. Buccaneer fans will be hoping that owner/communist Malcom Glazer actually ponies up the money Barrett Ruud deserves.

Gary Brackett, ILB, Colts. Age: 30.
    Gary Brackett has really been instrumental in the improvement of Indianapolis' defense. Losing him would be a huge blow to the Colts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There isn't many guys out there this year worth the money. Hopefully they can uncover some guys that are a little under the radar, they seem to do a good job scouting pro personel and projecting players that have a few years in the league. The draft is more of a crap shoot for them and everybody else, except the Colts lately. I'm not saying the Pats can't draft well just because of the last three of four years. It's just tough to project those guys.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

I say Peppers and Boldin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Via trades that is

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Again , I dont know whos sister I plowed , but Ive been hammering about the need for another ILB all year. And I cant remember a time when there was so much talent available at one position. I cant believe someone said this was a shallow market for them. Theres about 6 very good I/MLB and a couple potential great ones, more specifically D-Ryans, B-Rudd. These are two proving guys that IMHO are two of the top five I/MLB's in the game. Ryans can do it all, he's a very expolsive player all around. He can chase anyone fom sideline to sideline, one of the best Ive seen in a long time in hitting the hole and plugging it up, excellant at wrapping up and is great at diagnosing a play and understanding what a QB wants to do. If Willis is the number one guy out there then Ryans is 1a. Ive loved Rudd for a couple years now, might not be the fastest/quickest backer out there, but he makes up for it in being one of smartest and fundamentally sound backers in the game. No-one ever gets by him because of his tackling skills, watching him wrapping up is a thing of beauty. Hes  top 5 easy, I cant believe there are some out there that think hes overrated. Two other guys I really like are Kirk Morrison and D'Q Jackson. Morrison's a a really good player on a terrible team. I absolutely cant stand when losers will say garbage like "Randy Moss quit in Oakland" atc, kills me. That team is a serious embarrassment to the NFL, the losers they've had "allegedly" playing QB couldnt cook me breakfast. Brooks, Walter, ISUCKO, Russell, Garcia is a good QB so it makes perfect sense the Raiders told him to skrew. And Collins is servicable at best. They have no o-line at all, no skill players and no D LOL! The only guys there that are worth mention are Nnamdi and Morrison and both can really play. Morrison could start on almost any team in the league. The guy that really intrigues me is D'Q Jackson, the guys a physical freak. He'll hit you into next week, man can he stick, very powerful guy. And he has all the ability in the world, he can plug the hole, read plays, go sdl to sdl, theres nothing that he doesnt have the potential to do. Im really high on this guy and expect huge things from him for the next 10 years. Add Brackett into this class and from a talent, leadership and ability standpoint this is a class that comes around once every 10/15 years. If were looking at bringing in one of these guys dont ignore the obvi, go big here. Ryans and Rudd are at the top of there game, both have it all, from the physical to the mental and tons of ability mixed in. Get either one and I really believe our D is ten times better and could potentially be great with the right draft. If not Ryans/Rudds go after Jackson, I think hes ready for the big stage. Like I said grad one of them and draft smart and this D could be top ten. For real top ten, not just by the numbers. ILB is a major need, teams made no secret of the fact they were going to run on Sey's side, without a strong ILB corp that will continue to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Ghost, where have u seen the pats not spending close to cap?  Can you provide a link please?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

maybe Dansby?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

They will try to get Mike Singletary to come out of retirement and play next to Seau.

With joking aside I would LOVE to see Ryans but I know that wont happen being a RFA. I would like to see them go after Dansby that way him and Mayo could be inside and slide Guyton outside.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I'd say Dansby. But the truth is if we lose Wilfork (best DL) and Bodden (best CB) this defense is hurting bigtime.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wilfork gets tagged, and hough Bodden had five INTs, is he really worth keeping?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Judging a corner by interceptions?  By that count, nnamdi asomugha would be a terrible corner, let alone top 3 in the NFL.  Bodden was really solid in coverage all year, much better than the alternatives we've had over the past few years.  And 5 interceptions is pretty good, anyway. Tied for 12th in the NFL.  Asante Samuel, who gambles more than Charles Barkley in Vegas, had 4 and 6 the previous 2 years before 9 this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I would only resign Bodden if its a good deal. He isnt worth unloading the Brinks truck.

Sections
Shortcuts