Why all the negativity?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fab2indc. Show fab2indc's posts

Why all the negativity?

Look, i get that a CB wasnt our biggest need, I completely agree with that.
    However, 2 main reasons make this a very good pick imo. 1-brandon marshall and santonio holmes just got to the AFC East.... Another good cover guy certainly can't hurt. Also, this guy was a top 5 rated CB in this draft. 2 of the top 3 were already gone, meaning at worst he was one of the 3 best cb's left (and actually rated as one of the top 2 or 3 cover corners).
    Yes, we have leigh bodden, a pretty solid #1 corner, not great but solid. We also have Butler who showed signs of brilliance last year, but was a rookie and lacked consistency. Hopefully he has all the tools and will one day become either a true #1 corner, or at least a good #2 corner.
    After that, we have nothing at corner. Some old vets(Springs) and some young guys that either cant stay healthy (Wheatley) or just arent consistent or good enough yet or may never be (Wilhite).
    Again, a top 3 CB wasn't a top need for us, by no means, but we absolutely needed another CB be it via the draft or FA. Did any of us think it would be in round 1? No. But that doesnt mean this was a bad pick.
    Those that whine and say this pick was terrible, this guy is a no one, etc, do nothing but show their lack of intelligence and utter ignorance.
    Try this approach.... Let's see what we do in rds 2 and 3 today with 4 picks as of right now. If we pick a qb, another cb, punter and placekicker and dont address our areas of need (de/olb, ol, wr, te etc) ill lead the parade to ship BB out of town.
    This draft is absolutely LOADED with talent still available from rds 2-4 at our main areas of need (de/olb, ol, wr, rb, te etc) and I am sure we will address all of those needs over the next 2 days (who knows, maybe even with a trade or 2 involving a draft pick for a veteran player).
    Boston fans are some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans in the country, probably the best actually. However, far too many of those fans are also far too quick to judge/overreact also.
    Chill out, enjoy the next two days and the rest of the offseason, and then see how we stack up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

Re: Why all the negativity?

he wont be starting this year.most first rd picks i know are exspected to start and make an impact right away.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5824

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fab2indc. Show fab2indc's posts

In Response to Re: Why all the negativity?:
    he wont be starting this year.most first rd picks i know are exspected to start and make an impact right away. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5824
    Posted by mosseffectredux

most draft picks made in the top half of the first rd, absolutely. most guys picked in the 2nd half of rd 1, going to mostly playoff teams, by no means.
    could they? sure. expected too, not even close

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

the only problem i have with the pick is.we probably could have gotten him in the second or third round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fab2indc. Show fab2indc's posts

the only problem i have with the pick is.we probably could have gotten him in the second or third round.

no offense, but youre showing your lack of knowledge here.
    he wouldve been long gone by round 3... and with 2 other corners going in rd 1 after our pick, and 11 picks before us in rd 2, he more than likely would NOT have been around

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

no offense but your showing your lack of knowledge.if im judgeing on ifs then i guess you are.he wont be starting anyways and we are stacked in the secondary.more the reason we could have waited on a corner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Why all the negativity?:
    Look, i get that a CB wasnt our biggest need, I completely agree with that. However, 2 main reasons make this a very good pick imo. 1-brandon marshall and santonio holmes just got to the AFC East.... Another good cover guy certainly can't hurt. Also, this guy was a top 5 rated CB in this draft. 2 of the top 3 were already gone, meaning at worst he was one of the 3 best cb's left (and actually rated as one of the top 2 or 3 cover corners). Yes, we have leigh bodden, a pretty solid #1 corner, not great but solid. We also have Butler who showed signs of brilliance last year, but was a rookie and lacked consistency. Hopefully he has all the tools and will one day become either a true #1 corner, or at least a good #2 corner. After that, we have nothing at corner. Some old vets(Springs) and some young guys that either cant stay healthy (Wheatley) or just arent consistent or good enough yet or may never be (Wilhite). Again, a top 3 CB wasn't a top need for us, by no means, but we absolutely needed another CB be it via the draft or FA. Did any of us think it would be in round 1? No. But that doesnt mean this was a bad pick. Those that whine and say this pick was terrible, this guy is a no one, etc, do nothing but show their lack of intelligence and utter ignorance. Try this approach.... Let's see what we do in rds 2 and 3 today with 4 picks as of right now. If we pick a qb, another cb, punter and placekicker and dont address our areas of need (de/olb, ol, wr, te etc) ill lead the parade to ship BB out of town. This draft is absolutely LOADED with talent still available from rds 2-4 at our main areas of need (de/olb, ol, wr, rb, te etc) and I am sure we will address all of those needs over the next 2 days (who knows, maybe even with a trade or 2 involving a draft pick for a veteran player). Boston fans are some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans in the country, probably the best actually. However, far too many of those fans are also far too quick to judge/overreact also. Chill out, enjoy the next two days and the rest of the offseason, and then see how we stack up.
    Posted by fab2indc

Because it's a stupid pick at 27. Especially when there are some other needs that needed addressing first and foremost. WR was one and we had the best WR on the board fall in our lap..TWICE. DE or LB would have been nice also. To trade down twice to then go with another five foot nine "gunner" aka SPECIAL TEAMER is ludicrous and a waste of an early pick in my opinion. I know, I know, BB knows more than anyone so he's got the grand plan..I know the schpeel.
    Right now we have a plethora of DB's we've recently drafted and we still can't defend the pass because WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

he wont be starting this year.most first rd picks i know are exspected to start and make an impact right away. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5824
    I guess that 6.8 rating by Scouts Inc.wasn''t worth a damn! Cause the roto geeks claim he won't be starting! LMMFAO.I'll bet you he plays in every game his first year unless injured! Like every prognasticator of impending doom I think I'll choose to disagree with the Geeks at rotoworld. By the way if he stank so bad why did the prima dona choice of Kyle Wilson look good? he's a DB going to a team that already has 2 good CB's to hear the press tell the story. I'll also bet you if you could get Fat Boy Ryan in a private conversation he'ld tell you just how good McCourty really is!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No way could we have gotten McCourty in the second round,he wasn't going to last even one more pick as F.B.Ryan was hot on his trail...Ask him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

mosseffect how can you sit there and really use the word STACKED at corner in regards to our team?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

mosseffect how can you sit there and really use the word STACKED at corner in regards to our team?
    Posted by Espnetboy3
    this is the corner position only.plus there are a couple of safties that can play both positions.

Bodden
    butler
    springs
    wheatly
    wilhite
    arrington

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

yeah moseffect you clearly don't know what you are talking about, being stacked isn't having a lot of players in one position but having a lot of very good players at one position, CB is one of the weakest and most vulnerable positions on the Pats defense. With the Jets and Dolphins taking their passing game to knew highs, McCourty is a prototypical BB guy and i trust BB has a very good reason for this pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

im just sure glad they didnt pick odrick as i love that pick for the phins...they will be rotating a very deep D-line this year...next pick would have to be safety or OLB for the phins though at 40

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

yeah moseffect you clearly don't know what you are talking about, being stacked isn't having a lot of players in one position but having a lot of very good players at one position, CB is one of the weakest and most vulnerable positions on the Pats defense. With the Jets and Dolphins taking their passing game to knew highs, McCourty is a prototypical BB guy and i trust BB has a very good reason for this pick.
    Posted by freediro
    gee dude,you are another one who has no clue.if we have great pass rushers just maybe our corners could do better.not to mention many say it takes a few years for a rookie to grasp the NFL.so who knows,maybe wilhite, wheatly shines this year.maybe butler goes off.yes its only maybe,but i would have to think the kid that just got drafted falls in the same category.Maybe!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Hoping to get this away from the personal.

Just because the Pats need a pass rusher (and yes they do) doesn't mean that there's one available to them who will fit their scheme and their criteria.  Hughes from TCU and Kindle from Tex were on the board at 22.  Hughes ended up going to Indy and Kindle remains unpicked.  From what I'm hearing neither Hughes nor Kindle were rated as first round talent by the Pats from their perspective.  Like it or not that's what matters: their perspective.  Oh, and word I'm hearing is that Kindle also needs microsurgery on his knee; the kind of surgery that can be career ending.

Dez Bryant?  Amazing athletic ability.  Considered to be another Randy Moss.  And my response to that is:  exactly.  The young Randy Moss is not the Randy who is on the Pats roster.  The guy appears to be a world beater but how long will it take for him to learn our offense?   I don't wish to berate the guy but the same holds true of him as does Hughes and Kindle.

And now Devin McCourty:  Ranked the number 24 player in the entire draft in Gosselin's top 100.  His college coach, Greg Schiano, describes him as someone who can play man to man, press and zone with equally above average to excellent (from a pro perspective) skill.  Schiano, by the way, was a defensive backs coach for the Bears. 

And finally, no the pick ain't sexy.  But like it or not the pick makes sense if you have a grasp of the facts surrounding the pick and what other options were available. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the jets were going to take him...the rutgers coach confirmed it...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

The reason for all the negativity is people don't realize that last year the Pats were top 10 offense and top ten defense but bottom 5 or 10 special teams. Also an awful lot of people that win the company fantasy football league think they could actually run a real NFL franchise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

so you are saying draft a special teamer in the first rd?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Look, i get that a CB wasnt our biggest need, I completely agree with that. However, 2 main reasons make this a very good pick imo. 1-brandon marshall and santonio holmes just got to the AFC East.... Another good cover guy certainly can't hurt. Also, this guy was a top 5 rated CB in this draft. 2 of the top 3 were already gone, meaning at worst he was one of the 3 best cb's left (and actually rated as one of the top 2 or 3 cover corners). Yes, we have leigh bodden, a pretty solid #1 corner, not great but solid. We also have Butler who showed signs of brilliance last year, but was a rookie and lacked consistency. Hopefully he has all the tools and will one day become either a true #1 corner, or at least a good #2 corner. After that, we have nothing at corner. Some old vets(Springs) and some young guys that either cant stay healthy (Wheatley) or just arent consistent or good enough yet or may never be (Wilhite). Again, a top 3 CB wasn't a top need for us, by no means, but we absolutely needed another CB be it via the draft or FA. Did any of us think it would be in round 1? No. But that doesnt mean this was a bad pick. Those that whine and say this pick was terrible, this guy is a no one, etc, do nothing but show their lack of intelligence and utter ignorance. Try this approach.... Let's see what we do in rds 2 and 3 today with 4 picks as of right now. If we pick a qb, another cb, punter and placekicker and dont address our areas of need (de/olb, ol, wr, te etc) ill lead the parade to ship BB out of town. This draft is absolutely LOADED with talent still available from rds 2-4 at our main areas of need (de/olb, ol, wr, rb, te etc) and I am sure we will address all of those needs over the next 2 days (who knows, maybe even with a trade or 2 involving a draft pick for a veteran player). Boston fans are some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable fans in the country, probably the best actually. However, far too many of those fans are also far too quick to judge/overreact also. Chill out, enjoy the next two days and the rest of the offseason, and then see how we stack up.
    Posted by fab2indc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Posted by fab2indc

Sections
Shortcuts