Why am I so nervous about this game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Why am I so nervous about this game?

...Jets playing at home
    ...Jets can't afford to drop first 2 games of the season 
    ...Shottenheimer with nothing to lose on offense, will throw the kitchen sink at young Pats' D, and may even go to the wildcat
    ...Pats' defense and special teams hard pressed to duplicate game 1 successes
    ...Pats no longer under the radar and even as high as #2 in some NFL power polls
    ...And now Tom Brady on the cover of Sports Illustrated!

Can this be considered a trap game?  Somebody just ease my nerves... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Why am I so nervous about this game?

Definitely not a trap game. The Pats have had this game circled since the schedule came out. They've had to listen to Revis question Moss' manhood on multiple occasions and talked more Sheite than any team in the history of the world that has never won anything. Fear Not. The Jets are in for a world of pain Sunday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Why am I so nervous about this game?:
    [QUOTE]...Jets playing at home ...Jets can't afford to drop first 2 games of the season  ...Shottenheimer with nothing to lose on offense, will throw the kitchen sink at young Pats' D, and may even go to the wildcat ...Pats' defense and special teams hard pressed to duplicate game 1 successes ...Pats no longer under the radar and even as high as #2 in some NFL power polls ...And now Tom Brady on the cover of Sports Illustrated! Can this be considered a trap game?  Somebody just ease my nerves... 
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]
    Calm down princess! Last game the Patriots had 4 interceptions right?

Look,  this week the Jets are going to have to let Miss Sanchez air out her balls, so it smells like this new kid McCourty is going to get maybe an interception or 2, how about Guyton now getting the pick and run fever, can you say interceptions?

Patriots will be looking for interceptions all day, I heard Teddy Bruschi might even suit up for this game just to catch a few more of Ms Sanchez's balls in a wringer.

This game is going to be a nuthouse you can bet on that. Patriots should run a bunch of screens to Taylor and Morris and let them steamroll some Jets.

Now you stop being so nervous and let the big boys take care of those dirty little pervs from that smelly town just off the Turnpike.  I will never understand how that city just doesnt blow up from all that nasty gas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Because you think like BB and the players?  I suspect that the only people who take all of our opponents seriously are the players and coaches.

Now that I got that off my chest...we're going to stomp those Jests and the man in tights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I hope you guys are right - I am pretty nervous too.
    I live NJ and work in New York city. In New York most of the people I work with actually respect the Patriots it's the Nj crowd that is real hate full and obnoxious.
    I will be at the game this Sunday. I hope we play well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It's a game.  You're supposed to look forward to it and be optimistic.  Rationality is for the real world.  We're gonna mop the floor with Rex Ryan's bloated butt cheeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Can BB at least reel in Bruschi and tell him to stop giving the Jets so much f#@* billboard material?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

because you have a pulse

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Pats want to show the world that they were disrepected all off season. Go into the new Giants stadium and will beat the Jets to improve to 2-0.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Rex Ryan will wear a diaper on the sideline for this game. Just in case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If you aren't nervous about a game, you aren't a fan! 

Not unusual to always get nervous because you do not know how the team will come out and perform.  A lot of folks are going on last week's performances, but, do you think the Pats think that way?  Not at all!  As far as they are concerned, the Jets will come out all fired up and ready to play their best!  Remember how we all felt prior to SB42... we were fired up as fans, but the Pats, basically, came out flat and the Giants were the team all fired up?  That is why we need to take the season game by game.  I like our chances, though, better than the Jets to pull out a W.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]...Jets playing at home ...Jets can't afford to drop first 2 games of the season  ...Shottenheimer with nothing to lose on offense, will throw the kitchen sink at young Pats' D, and may even go to the wildcat ...Pats' defense and special teams hard pressed to duplicate game 1 successes ...Pats no longer under the radar and even as high as #2 in some NFL power polls ...And now Tom Brady on the cover of Sports Illustrated! Can this be considered a trap game?  Somebody just ease my nerves... 
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

1.) The Pats were 8 for their last 9 at the old meadowlands. So Jets at home doesn't really mean much. 
    2.) The Pats are aware that the Jets can't afford to go down 0-2, but we can't afford to lose this game either. If we lose the Dolphins will take the lead in the division and the Jets will be second. 
    3.) Belichick figured out the wildcat two years ago. There is nothing that Mart can do to this defense that Belichick hasn't planned for. 
    4.) I doubt that. The Defense is that good. They would have played better, but Belichick started messing with pieces and turned the game into a preseason match in the second half. Also, The Bengals have much better WRs than the Jets. Tate is the NCAAF career kick return leader. You'll see him doing that a lot this season. 
    5.) And I don't know what the next two have to do with the Patriots and Jets, but whatever. 

You want to know why you should be scared? 

1.) The Jets have a good defense. 
    2.) This is a divisional rivalry. Teams play at 200% and sometimes it's not the better team that wins, it's the team that hates the other team the most. The Texans are not better than the Colts, but they had enough of the losing. 
    3.) Depth at the OLB position is thin. It's going to be hard for our OLBs to create a rush on long drives. Not too many people to sub in for them. 

All in all, barring a few catastrophic disasters, the Pats should come out with a win here. 28-12 (That's right, 4 FGs.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Well, in terms of the NFL soap opera line that is being developed in the media, this game is being set up for the PATS to lose.  Think about it. We all hate the JETS.  The JETS lose a squeaker in a very sloppy effort after all there swagger and talk, while we win big in a game that even the Globe predicted we would lose and we looked pretty good doing it..  The JETS seems to have these offensive problems and the much touted acquisition of Cromartie opposite Revis was exposed as the JETS version of obtaining Deltha O'Neal.  Then this morning we get reports of a wounded Revis.  PATS fans, (and I'm one), are riding high.  Seems to me that this should be a win.  However, how often does it happen that when you think its going to be a win it isn't?  Just sayin'....

One thing I noted while perusing the comments at the Daily News and the New York post, is that JETS fans have no idea about Brady's new options to throw to. All they see and all they talk about is Moss and Welker. I would guess that the JETS themselves are aware of them. Their fans will be after Sunday.

Its a division game.  It won't be easy.  They never are.  Go PATS....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

The Pats have had this game planned for a year. They thought they would be going against Jenkins and some kind of a Jets Offense. From what they saw last week the Jets D is open to the pass game and Revis can only cover one player. Wilson and Cromatie will have a busy day.

No worries here...As much as the Jets can not afford to lose,,triple that for the Pats, this is a statement game to the Jets that the Pats have been planning on making all through the off season..

Get the Popcorn ready..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

NYPat, you're a brave person.  Enjoy the ride on Sunday, I think its going to be a classic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Why am I so nervous about this game?:
    [QUOTE]I hope you guys are right - I am pretty nervous too. I live NJ and work in New York city. In New York most of the people I work with actually respect the Patriots it's the Nj crowd that is real hate full and obnoxious. I will be at the game this Sunday. I hope we play well.
    Posted by NYPat[/QUOTE]

They are from NJ what do you expect, if I suxed that bad and all the women I knew had more facial hair than me, I'ld be mad at the world too...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

[QUOTE]NYPat, you're a brave person.  Enjoy the ride on Sunday, I think its going to be a classic.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]
    I hear you - I am going to be wearing my old Patriots hat and I know I'll be getting the look and remarks. Happens every time. I just keep my mouth shut.
    Win or loose. It is a tough place to be a Patriots fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

It's an NFL match-up of the arguably the best offense vs. arguably the best defense, so fans from both teams should be nervous.

The Jets' loss by one point last week was to one of the best teams in the league - a team that clobbered the Pats in January, albeit a somewhat different Pats team.  I doubt the Jets will make that many mistakes this week in penalties. 

Brady tends to not play well when under relentless pressure.

Sanchez does not play well, period.

The Pats seem to have the better kick returner.  The Jets have the better punter, which may prove crucial if this becomes a classic Pats-Jets field position battle.

Neither of the teams is probably as bad as they looked in recent losses, nor a good as they've looked in recent wins.

As for claiming the Pats will win because they've circled this game on the calendar, that presumes the Jets did not do the same.

For me, it is too close to call, but I would love a Pats win.  It would make them one of the last remainining winning teams of those that were in the play-offs last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

Jets need this game badly!
    Patriots feel offened because of Revis atleast Moss does or should.
    And Welker will be Welker. So 2-0 is highly likely!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

you should always been nervous about division games on the road, thats why

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I think NE has more weapons to worry about for the same or WORSE Jets D in 2010.

Meet the 2001-2005 Pats offense (with better and deeper talent) merged with the spread from 2006-2009.

This won't be a spread offense only where NY can blitz, blitz, blitz with different people, etc.

That plan was debunked last November. 

If NE scores first and on the first of their drives, it could get really ugly, especially if Sanchez looks as bad as he did the other night.

I expect to see some spread and some TE stack on the first drive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

JAMARKUS SANCHEZ.........Pats will win!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

im not nervous at all. i cant wait for this game. and the pats have been waiting for this game since last year. we are healthy and ready to go. game wont be close. pats 27 jets 10

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Brady and the Pats have been waiting for another shot at the Jets all offseason....no way this is a trap game.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Brady give the Jets fan a reason to leave early: Pats 21 Jets 3 at halftime...

Sections
Shortcuts