Why are Boston fans/media obsessed with Peyton Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Why are Boston fans/media obsessed with Peyton Manning?

Spent alot of time on the Indianapolis Star site. There was never much talk about Tom Brady, maybe the week before a Colts-Patriots game. That's about it. Most of the talk or messages I saw were amicable and complimentary to Brady. Go to the Denver Post website. I don't think you'll see anything there about Brady. Go on the message boards. I doubt Brady's name even comes into the conversation very often............In Boston? Good lord. That's all people talk about. Peyton this. Peyton that. Horseface. Gomer. On and on. If I were a psychologist from Germany and I was studying this. I'd have to say one of these groups has a bit of an "inferiority complex" {and it ain't the Manning camp.} I'm interested. Could someone explain to me {in a non confrontational manner} Boston's obsession with Peyton Manning? What bothers you so much?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Re: Why are Boston fans/media obsessed with Peyton Manning?

You're an intellectual.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well, there is that little matter of his despicable acts perpetrated upon that woman where she got paid off twice. You know, the harmless college prank, as he called it?

And the inferiority complex reference is simply idiotic. No need to feel inferior to a guy with a losing playoff record and the king of the one and outs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There is such a victim mentality here.  "Why them not us?"  "Why us not them?"  It's simple to follow Manning around with how closely he compares with Brady.

Agendas, respect, what's right, what's wrong, and everything in between.  People around here think any of this matters.  They seem to fall just short of realizing that they don't matter in the least bit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Well, there is that little matter of his despicable acts perpetrated upon that woman where she got paid off twice. You know, the harmless college prank, as he called it?

And the inferiority complex reference is simply idiotic. No need to feel inferior to a guy with a losing playoff record and the king of the one and outs.

Lots of false accusations out there, Babe.  Whether or not this is true is unknown by me and by you.  I always like to hear all of the facts and see what a judge or jury says before I offer an opinion.

You might want to do the same.  Sometimes, women are liars.  Just ask Duke Lacrosse.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Because he's QB # 1a to Tom Brady's QB 1b, they'll always be debates over who's better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

You might want to be a little more subtle next time. The inferiority comment was a dead giveaway. Or you could just hang out on your own team's board, like a sane person.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

I love it. On the level of a five year old. Look at this board and go to the Denver Post board and compare. Listen to their media and listen to the Boston media. Compare. The Manning people have never given a darn about Brady and the Brady people have always been obsessed with Manning. What does that tell you?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to walton's comment:

I love it. On the level of a five year old. Look at this board and go to the Denver Post board and compare. Listen to their media and listen to the Boston media. Compare. The Manning people have never given a darn about Brady and the Brady people have always been obsessed with Manning. What does that tell you?

That you have way too much time on your hands!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Because he's QB # 1a to Tom Brady's QB 1b, they'll always be debates over who's better.

I'm not sure there has ever been THAT MUCH of a debate though. I remember a Monday Night game 4 or 5 years ago. They asked 14 Hall of Fame QB's who they thought was better Manning or Brady and 12 out of 14 selected Manning. The Pro Bowl. I think Manning has beaten Brady as the Pro Bowl QB something like 75% of the time. I believe Manning has been the #1 All NFL QB like 9 or 10 times and Brady maybe 2 or 3. On an individual basis Manning has won the MVP 4 times {and placed 2nd a couple} while Brady has won two. If you were to go to Boise Idaho I think Manning would be more well known and famous than Tom Brady. I'm not sure what controversy you're talking about? The controversy in Boston you mean?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

That you have way too much time on your hands!

[/QUOTE]

This is great. I think I'm hitting a "sore spot" here. I remember the Beatles-Rolling Stones "controversy." I don't think the Beatles even knew the Stones existed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not sure there has ever been THAT MUCH of a debate though. I remember a Monday Night game 4 or 5 years ago. They asked 14 Hall of Fame QB's who they thought was better Manning or Brady and 12 out of 14 selected Manning. The Pro Bowl. I think Manning has beaten Brady as the Pro Bowl QB something like 75% of the time. I believe Manning has been the #1 All NFL QB like 9 or 10 times and Brady maybe 2 or 3. On an individual basis Manning has won the MVP 4 times {and placed 2nd a couple} while Brady has won two. If you were to go to Boise Idaho I think Manning would be more well known and famous than Tom Brady. I'm not sure what controversy you're talking about? The controversy in Boston you mean?

[/QUOTE]

Brady does what QBs are supposed to do better than anyone still playing. He wins; he is a 7 time AFCC game playing QB, 5 time SB playing, 3 time SB winning, 2 time SB MVP/ NFL MVP winning QB. Wether or not you see that Brady and Manning are both exceptional with no real gap in between them is your fanhood talking.

But from an objective standpoint, Brady and Manning are both great QBs. The best I've ever seen, with Drew Brees behind the three. (I'm a young football fan.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

What bothers you so much?

May I ask what bothers YOU so much as to come here and start a thread about it? I hate horseface, but I respect the hell out of him. Obviously you are just as "bothered" as all of us Boston fans for you to come here and post a thread about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is great. I think I'm hitting a "sore spot" here. I remember the Beatles-Rolling Stones "controversy." I don't think the Beatles even knew the Stones existed.

Not sore at all.  I think both are fantastic at their jobs.  Manning has done a lot with better surrounding talent and Brady has, you know, won more Superbowls.

Which is better?  Eye of the beholder without a doubt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnCrunch. Show CaptnCrunch's posts

You're an intellectual.

Lighten up, man. Its a PATRIOTS board and its about having fun. NYJetsssuccs loves to have fun is all! AND, Horse Head is a Horse Head! C'mon, that JUG is abnormal, NO? Regardless, I do admit, the guy is flat out WIN-NYer! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lots of false accusations out there, Babe.  Whether or not this is true is unknown by me and by you.  I always like to hear all of the facts and see what a judge or jury says before I offer an opinion.

You might want to do the same.  Sometimes, women are liars.  Just ask Duke Lacrosse.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Well, get educated on the issue before you call out those
    who DO know the facts.

This woman isn't a liar, but Fetus Head apparently is.

You do know the woman was paid-off twice over the incident, right?

You do know in the civil suit evidence from the only witness to the incident wrote, right?

"Bro, you have tons of class, but you have shown no mercy or grace to this lady who was on her knees seeing if you had a stress fracture. ...

"She was minding her own business when your book came out. Peyton, the way I see it, at this point, you are going to take a hit either way, if you settle out of court or if it goes to court. You might as well maintain some dignity and admit to what happened. ... Your celebrity doesn't mean you can treat folks that way. ... Do the right thing here."

You do know the presiding judge stated the evidence suggested Manning was a liar, right?

Specifically, there is evidence of record, substantial enough to suggest that the defendants knew that the passages in question were false, or acted in reckless disregard of their falsity. There is evidence of record to suggest that there were obvious reasons to doubt the veracity of Peyton Manning's account of the incident in question. The court further finds that there is sufficient evidence to permit the conclusion that the defendants entertained serious doubts as to the truth of the passages in this case."

Do you even know what she claimed he did that she got paid off twice for? LMAO@U

The quotes are from usatoday. Let me know if you need a link. Pffft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Why do you spend a lot of time on the. Indianapolis Star site?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Are you just simply daft? "The Manning People" have been haunting Pats boards for over a decade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Are you just simply daft? "The Manning People" have been haunting Pats boards for over a decade.

This.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Hold it, no debate? its been built up by the media for 10 years! Who's the best...even this season I seen 5 shows highlighting the Dever offense..and then flash to Brady 'doing it a different way'...like the two are bookends! Do I need to dig up the 10,000 articles comparing them?

Obvious trolling fellow who admits he hangs around on the PAts board, Denver board and Indy board. Do you have 4000 posts on all of them?

Denver and  Indy..do you have an unnatural fascination with Gomer?

You quote the All Star awards...Duh, Manning is stat driven, he will get his individual awards..Brady is team driven handed off 10 time in a row last game..has MAnning ever done that??

Google:

"Manning Vs. Brady": About 12,800,000 results

"Manning vs. Brees":About 913,000 results

No national comparison or debate...BS

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts