Why are Boston fans/media obsessed with Peyton Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Re: Why are Boston fans/media obsessed with Peyton Manning?

In response to walton's comment:

I love it. On the level of a five year old. Look at this board and go to the Denver Post board and compare. Listen to their media and listen to the Boston media. Compare. The Manning people have never given a darn about Brady and the Brady people have always been obsessed with Manning. What does that tell you?

Than why are you here bringing it up?  Are you so sad that no one here gives two Sh!ts about Sucky Lucky that you need to start a thread about Seyton Manning?  Why don't you go to the Broncos Board and start rooting for your new team?

Good Night John Boy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4047318. Show user_4047318's posts

Spent alot of time on the Indianapolis Star site. There was never much talk about Tom Brady, maybe the week before a Colts-Patriots game. That's about it. Most of the talk or messages I saw were amicable and complimentary to Brady. Go to the Denver Post website. I don't think you'll see anything there about Brady. Go on the message boards. I doubt Brady's name even comes into the conversation very often............In Boston? Good lord. That's all people talk about. Peyton this. Peyton that. Horseface. Gomer. On and on. If I were a psychologist from Germany and I was studying this. I'd have to say one of these groups has a bit of an "inferiority complex" {and it ain't the Manning camp.} I'm interested. Could someone explain to me {in a non confrontational manner} Boston's obsession with Peyton Manning? What bothers you so much?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In the HoF, they will not induct them as BoaT, but, simply as HoF QBs. 

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Spent alot of time on the Indianapolis Star site. There was never much talk about Tom Brady, maybe the week before a Colts-Patriots game. That's about it. Most of the talk or messages I saw were amicable and complimentary to Brady. Go to the Denver Post website. I don't think you'll see anything there about Brady. Go on the message boards. I doubt Brady's name even comes into the conversation very often............In Boston? Good lord. That's all people talk about. Peyton this. Peyton that. Horseface. Gomer. On and on. If I were a psychologist from Germany and I was studying this. I'd have to say one of these groups has a bit of an "inferiority complex" {and it ain't the Manning camp.} I'm interested. Could someone explain to me {in a non confrontational manner} Boston's obsession with Peyton Manning? What bothers you so much?

It's probably because New Englanders believe in substance over glitz and has nothing to do with inferiority. Brady is the better more well rounded QB out of the two. Manning, has the glitzy stats, has had his way paved in gold in the NFL, is shoved down our throats everytime there is a tv show about football, had rules changed so he and his team could win superbowls and is seen on every other commercial on TV here. I almost forgot, he also gets more phantom PI calls go his way than the rest of the league has ever had since the beginning of the PI rule. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Why don't we like Manning???

For many reasons, but I'll focus on the special scheduling rules that aren't applied equally that lead to the NFL shoving Peyton Manning down the Patriots and their fans throat every year vs. providing a variety of teams and competition to watch. You have to go back to 2002 to find a year that the patriots were not scheduled against a Peyton Manning team. 2011 doesn't count as a year off, because they were scheduled, even though Manning was injured. This streak continues with the scheduling of the Broncos teams. This streak would have continued an 11th year for the Colts in 2012 but Manning went to Denver, and Denver continued there and has been going strong.

According to the NFL, teams are supposed to scheduled on a rotating basis through the division, however the patriots have been scheduled far fewer times against the other AFC South teams during the same stretch. Since the creation of the AFC South in 2002 -2012, Here's the number of regular season games the Patriots have had against teams the following number of times:

Colts 11* (10 with Manning)

Titans 5

Jaguars 4

Texans 3

Number of times Denver has been scheduled vs the Patriots since Manning was signed in 2012:

2 and counting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

of course the Beatles knew the Stones existed---the story is pretty well known mate---not sure what you're talking about there

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

-Ben Franklin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Who?

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Spent alot of time on the Indianapolis Star site. "

You lost me at hello. 

The time you spent wasting on the Star site is time you can never have back. 

"The Manning people have never given a darn about Brady" 

Well, the continued presence of Mannning and Colts trolls in this forum over many years says differently.

Peyton fans are understandably obsessed with Brady as they wish that Peyton had thrown less crucial postseason interceptions and had more rings. 

It's totally understandable but there is a treatment for your issues: 

GO GET A BLANKEEE

p.s. "Cut that meat!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Because Boston is a better sports town than some corn field southwest of Toledo.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

It's probably because New Englanders believe in substance over glitz and has nothing to do with inferiority. Brady is the better more well rounded QB out of the two. Manning, has the glitzy stats, has had his way paved in gold in the NFL, is shoved down our throats everytime there is a tv show about football, had rules changed so he and his team could win superbowls and is seen on every other commercial on TV here. I almost forgot, he also gets more phantom PI calls go his way than the rest of the league has ever had since the beginning of the PI rule. 

Glitzy stats?  Would you please explain what you mean by that?  Is it Manning's fault that he's a heckuva pitch man that is in demand?  He doesn't have a wife earning more than him.  In order for his family to maximize their income, it comes on his back.   Not sure why hate someone who has a knack for delivering a line effectively?  Do you hate Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Ben Afffleck?  Do you hate Sam Adam's beer or its founder?  He's on TV all the time?

As for the rules - he didn't have them changed.  The rules were already in place and not being called. C'mon, man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

Why don't we like Manning???

For many reasons, but I'll focus on the special scheduling rules that aren't applied equally that lead to the NFL shoving Peyton Manning down the Patriots and their fans throat every year vs. providing a variety of teams and competition to watch. You have to go back to 2002 to find a year that the patriots were not scheduled against a Peyton Manning team. 2011 doesn't count as a year off, because they were scheduled, even though Manning was injured. This streak continues with the scheduling of the Broncos teams. This streak would have continued an 11th year for the Colts in 2012 but Manning went to Denver, and Denver continued there and has been going strong.

According to the NFL, teams are supposed to scheduled on a rotating basis through the division, however the patriots have been scheduled far fewer times against the other AFC South teams during the same stretch. Since the creation of the AFC South in 2002 -2012, Here's the number of regular season games the Patriots have had against teams the following number of times:

Colts 11* (10 with Manning)

Titans 5

Jaguars 4

Texans 3

Number of times Denver has been scheduled vs the Patriots since Manning was signed in 2012:

2 and counting.

Hate to burst your bubble here, but Peyton Manning didn't have anything to do with NFL scheduling.  NFL scheduling is and has been formulaic since at least the move to 4 divisions in each conference.  As it is, every year divisions play their own division foes twice (6 games) rotate playing an entire non-conference division (4 games) and one other entire conference division (4 games).  That's 14 games and leave only two which are determined, again by formula, based on how the team finished in its division the prior year.  If they were the first place team then they play the first place teams from the two other divisions within the conference. 

Thus: NE finished first in its division last year - so this year,

NE (as well as the entire AFC East) plays their own division foes twice - Buf, Mia, NYJ - 6 games

NE (as well as the entire AFC East) plays the NFC South (this is rotational) - 4 games

NE (as well as the entire AFC East) plays the AFC North (this is rotational) - 4 games

NE plays the 2 first place teams from ast year from lthe other two AFC divisions that they do not play entirely  - Thus Denver (AFC W) and Houston (AFC S).  These are the only two games different from the other teams in the AFC East. 

The pats played the colts due to the natural divsional rotation every 3 years (they played all other AFC South teams every 3 years as well).  In the other years, both teams finished first in their division the previous year thus setting up a game in those years the divisions did not play each other.   It was due to both teams' success.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

He doesn't have a wife earning more than him.

Of course not. With that homely Fetus Head he can only get a golddigger. No knockout woman with real money would want to wake up next to that ugly mug every day trollboy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

He doesn't have a wife earning more than him.

Of course not. With that homely Fetus Head he can only get a golddigger. No knockout woman with real money would want to wake up next to that ugly mug every day trollboy.

How old are you?  

Sections
Shortcuts