Why are most Defensive backs small??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Why are most Defensive backs small??

You see it all the time....a 6-4 or 6-5 receiver out jumping, and burning the smaller DB on a corner fade.

Why are there plenty of WRs that are big, but hardly any big (tall) DBs??

Is there a DB in the NFL that is over 6-2??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Why are most Defensive backs small??

Most tall receivers are too slow to play DB and the ones that are that tall AND fast have such freakish athletic ability that they all play WR (perhaps because its more of a glamor position, or maybe because it's seen as more  useful or maybe because most guys start out as WR and just stick if they are that gifted).  I've always thought DB's are generally guys that are too small to be WR or who don't have good enough hands to play WR.  There are probably exceptions, but that seems to be the general rule.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Why are most Defensive backs small??:
    You see it all the time....a 6-4 or 6-5 receiver out jumping, and burning the smaller DB on a corner fade. Why are there plenty of WRs that are big, but hardly any big (tall) DBs?? Is there a DB in the NFL that is over 6-2??
    Posted by tanbass

agility

cornerbacks have a 0.1-0.5 second lag because they have to react to the person in front of them, so the low center of gravity makes them better cover guys (faster change of direction, compensating for the reaction time)

rare is the 6-footer who has fluid hips.  You see them all together once a year in the Pro Bowl.  Even then, a lot of them are 5-10/5-11

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small??:
    Why are most fans imbecilic?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Is that directed at me?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : So is my claim that there are too many idiotic posts here. The Pats are 8-3 and many are still crying for a "deep throat" or for them to sign TO or bring back Randy Moss.

If you don't want to read someone's post on this site why don't you just ignore rather than insult the author of the post, unless you just enjoy insulting people because you've nothing else to do with your time. 

Hetchinspete.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : So is my claim that there are too many idiotic posts here. The Pats are 8-3 and many are still crying for a "deep throat" or for them to sign TO or bring back Randy Moss.

my argument was simply that Moss now is still better than Ochocinco - it reflects just as much on Ochocinco making $6mil this year as it does on my man-crush on Randy Moss.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Perfectly legitimate question, Tanbass.  Patsfansince1966 gets grumpy like this fairly regularly.  Just ignore him when he's in one of his petulant moods.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Prolate doesn't know the first thing about me. Roy Green was 6-0 BTW.

Well, I know what you post . . . and on this site, that's all that matters . . .

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : There's more to life than this site.

No doubt.  But on this site, you are what you post. No more, no less.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : There's more to life than this site.

:-O

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : If you're small enough to look at it that way.

Look in the mirror. On this site your about three foot tall and shrinking. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Do I care?  No, because I know that people are not what their online personas make them appear to be. If you want to be christian and judge me, go ahead.

You don't care about much of anything except reading your own idiotic negative posts and insulting others. As for being Christian, you should capitalize the word and no I'm not Christian and judge you yes, because you seem to take lots of joy in judging others but don't want to be judged yourself so you ignore. 

For that I put you on ignore as you rarely if ever write anything of any common sense on this site. 

GOODBYE !! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : If you're small enough to look at it that way.

Well big man, why don't you post your real name and address so we can all learn more about you?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Aside from patsfan66 acting like a complete Richard Cranium......

With all the talent out there for WRs....you'd think someone would develop a DB that was fast and big. I understand that the smaller guys are more agile, but you can't tell me that someone in the 6-3 or 6-4 range can't be a great cover guy....plenty of the bigger receivers in the NFL have unbelievable athletic ability. If they can run percise routes, they can cover a guy.

But yet....the majority of the DBs in the NFL are small. Just seems a little weird.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Well big man, why don't you post your real name and address so we can all learn more about you?  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Do yourself a favor and put "66" on ignore. It's not worth your time writing to folks like him. 

Hetchinspete.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts