Why are most Defensive backs small??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Why are most Defensive backs small??

In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Do yourself a favor and put "66" on ignore. It's not worth your time writing to folks like him.  Hetchinspete.  
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Already did....along with plenty of others that just come here to bust balls.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Using moron is bad, but using dikwad is ok?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

When did I say using moron is bad? You're the worst poster because your posts suk and you are ridiculously narrow-minded. I see my post got taken down lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

You guys put way too much stock into this forum and your image compared to other posters. I am not going to say anything besides I feel sorry for you if this is one of your main concerns being here. The sole fact that you can't resist the need to call others out for their opinions proves that you're to naive and hardheaded to have even the most normal and calm discussion/debate about a team we all love. Get over it and move on, if you can't then why bother worrying about it?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]Aside from patsfan66 acting like a complete Richard Cranium...... With all the talent out there for WRs....you'd think someone would develop a DB that was fast and big. I understand that the smaller guys are more agile, but you can't tell me that someone in the 6-3 or 6-4 range can't be a great cover guy....plenty of the bigger receivers in the NFL have unbelievable athletic ability. If they can run percise routes, they can cover a guy. But yet....the majority of the DBs in the NFL are small. Just seems a little weird.
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

A guy that is 6-3 with good hands and the quickness to be a DB will make more money as a Receiver.  Plus it's a more glamorous position.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : The op can't figure that out.

Sort of like you can't figure out that fans like to have fun by talking about what players they'd like to see on their favorite team?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Look in the mirror. On this site your about three foot tall and shrinking. 
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

You must be viewing this on a large screen projection system cause on my computer Patsfan is about 1/4" tall. Or is your ignore banner larger than mine?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Can you read?  It's one thing to have an opinion, but speculating on dumb stuff is just a waste of everyone's time. This isn't a discussion about protein protein interactions, though the original poster wanted to make it out to be that difficult.

Seems to me the original poster had a legitimate question and (as is your habit) you decided to call him stupid.  You're really pathetic if callling other people dumb makes you feel big.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : Well big man, why don't you post your real name and address so we can all learn more about you?  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    If you missed the Happy Thanksgiving thread last week (and a few other threads he has posted on), we have already learned quite a lot about him. An out of work computer-aided drug designer, 1966 has a PH.D. in something that he got in 2000, completed his thesis for 2007, and spent a couple of years in there working as a cashier at Walmart. He has also done something in Minnesota (I'm not claiming knowledge of whether it was or was not legal). He is angry and bitter at most of the world because he has not been able to secure a job in his chosen field for the past 11 years (yes, you read that correctly). He blames this on (in no particular order) his ex-wife, anyone who has an MBA, anyone who actually has a job, all corporations that turn a profit, the United States military, the federal government, all governments of soverign nations that have allowed pharmeceutical research and development within their borders, the Walton family (the one that owns Walmart, not the John-Boy, Mary-Ellen Waltons), and anyone else that is included or not included in one of the afore mentioned groups, excepting those individuals at any of the 'Occupy' locations. I was wishing he would respond to your inquiry about his current where-abouts so I can be sure to avoid that area.

What all this has to do with why defensive backs tend to be small in comparison to other NFL positions, I have no freakin idea...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are most Defensive backs small?? : As opposed to asking a question about why don't we get TO, which makes one feel big?

Huh?  You are a piece of work, aren't you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

LOL

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why are most Defensive backs small?? : agility cornerbacks have a 0.1-0.5 second lag because they have to react to the person in front of them, so the low center of gravity makes them better cover guys (faster change of direction, compensating for the reaction time) rare is the 6-footer who has fluid hips.  You see them all together once a year in the Pro Bowl.  Even then, a lot of them are 5-10/5-11
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

This is the answer to the OPs question.  It's all about agility for a DB (especially corners).  A bigger/taller guy rarely has the ability to react to a WR coming out of his breaks well enough.  It does make it harder sometimes to cover a WR on the fade routes but I'd take that rather than somone who gets who gets his doors blown off because he can't change direction and rotate his hips fast enough. 

22. This post has been removed.