Why are some fan(s) in meltdown mode?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Why are some fan(s) in meltdown mode?

In response to ATJ's comment:

I have a question.  Apparently there is some clearly defined age range within which a poster is legit.  Outside that range one is no longer credible.  Have I got that right?  So what precisely is the lower end of the range and what is the upper? 

+ or - two weeks of the posters own birthday...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I have a question.  Apparently there is some clearly defined age range within which a poster is legit.  Outside that range one is no longer credible.  Have I got that right?  So what precisely is the lower end of the range and what is the upper?

Touche (I think).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Touche (I think).

I have heard those arguments from Rusty repeatedly. Everyone younger than him is an immature ignorant millennial, and everyone older than him (especially Babe) is a ancient ignorant fossil. But its become more than just an age thing on this board. Posters on here honestly believe they know more about what the team needs and how BB should build the team than the man does himself. Never mind that most of them probably can't balance a checkbook (or hold down a full time job), they watched some youtube videos and read Mel Kipers analysis. And damn you if you make a point that goes against what they believe. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Touche (I think).

I have heard those arguments from Rusty repeatedly. Everyone younger than him is an immature ignorant millennial, and everyone older than him (especially Babe) is a ancient ignorant fossil. But its become more than just an age thing on this board. Posters on here honestly believe they know more about what the team needs and how BB should build the team than the man does himself. Never mind that most of them probably can't balance a checkbook (or hold down a full time job), they watched some youtube videos and read Mel Kipers analysis. And damn you if you make a point that goes against what they believe.  

The age think is annoying; the internet GMing is downright comical.  Should folks express their opinions about the draft?  Why should they not?  That's what these forums are about: dialog.  When it devolves to a point where, in the case of every personnel decision, every flaw is emphasized and every strength discounted it approaches the absurd. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I am all for debate and conjecture over the players drafted especially the JG pick and the spot it was made in which as an aside I wasn't to thrilled with... the bottom line is this we all have to keep in mind as an organization the Pats like every other team spend thousands of hours on this process going through each players football resumes building a draft board that is unique to them as I don't think they use a third party draft service like some other teams do.... the one thing you can say about this organization is that they are thoroughly prepared and every decision is calculated and thought through. No doubt they make mistakes just like every team does but don't mistake that with thinking they don't know what they are doing. I wanted them to take a TE at that spot or even a WR... heck I wanted them to trade up and take Deone Bucannon. Bottom line, we don't sit in on their organizational planning meetings that would allow us to understand what they think their needs are this year or 2015, 2016 and beyond. As best they can in a fluid situation they most likely try and structure contract dollars and the lengths of the contracts by position so they have the ability to re-load in the draft without losing continuity at any particular position. Does it always work out? of course not. Just like with other teams... injury, off field issues, performance and other factors through a monkey wrench in those plans.

The picks are made and the success of this draft can not be measured for a few years. Just my 2 cents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Expressing opinion is one thing. Bestowing omnipotence and denigrating all who disagree is not. Neither is whining when your team has been to 5 SBs in 14 years and is looking like one of the 2 best teams in the conference going into this season.

I do think the JG pick is one that should get a bit of discussion going. But the trash talk is just immature - and I am not referring to calendar age, only mental age.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The guy flips flops back and forth.  He makes a thread about how good this draft was and then post in other threads that he wasn't happy with some of the picks, lol! 

Am I not allowed to question some picks in the draft but still think it was a good draft? I would've liked to see Tuitt in Round 1, Kareem Martin Rd2, Telvin smith in round 4 with one of those picks but none of that happened, but I also took a step back and said well they addressed the need of a DT, interior OL, and picked up RB depth and a backup QB for the next 4 years (questionable pick).

There were a lot of questionable picks but the draft still assessed needs and filled some holes, it was an average draft with goo upside to prove to be a great draft. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Am I not allowed to question some picks in the draft but still think it was a good draft? I would've liked to see Tuitt in Round 1, Kareem Martin Rd2, Telvin smith in round 4 with one of those picks but none of that happened, but I also took a step back and said well they addressed the need of a DT, interior OL, and picked up RB depth and a backup QB for the next 4 years (questionable pick).

There were a lot of questionable picks but the draft still assessed needs and filled some holes, it was an average draft with goo upside to prove to be a great draft. 

Am I not allowed to give my opinion that this team should have picked one of the top 5 TE's in the draft?  Apparently it doesn't fill one of your needs but it does mine.  I provided more then enough proof that a TE is huge in this offense and it disappears when Gronk is out. 

How many threads are you going to create talking about the draft?  How many threads are you going to post in giving your opinion on the draft?  Your draft talk is all over this forum, you don't seem to have a problem with that.  But when I provide my opinion on a position your panties get in a bunch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Am I not allowed to give my opinion that this team should have picked one of the top 5 TE's in the draft?  Apparently it doesn't fill one of your needs but it does mine.  I provided more then enough proof that a TE is huge in this offense and it disappears when Gronk is out. 

How many threads are you going to create talking about the draft?  How many threads are you going to post in giving your opinion on the draft?  Your draft talk is all over this forum, you don't seem to have a problem with that.  But when I provide my opinion on a position your panties get in a bunch.

You are certainly allowed to give your opinion, which is why we are having the debate on drafting a TE and what not. What got my panties in bunch was the way you were going around all weekend during the draft finding the negative throughout everything and trolling all the threads on it being a horrible draft etc. Like once Stork was picked you pulled up all his weaknesses on the scouting report and how he was a reach and all that but he also won Best C in the nation too. Just stuff like that was annoying.

Of course every pick can be questioned (especially BB picks), but we did fill needs with some picks which is where the draft wasn't horrible.

I understand you have a strong opinion that we should've drafted a TE, hopefully one of these UDFA can produce so the problem is solved and BB makes up for it so we can all be proved wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Like once Stork was picked you pulled up all his weaknesses on the scouting report and how he was a reach and all that but he also won Best C in the nation too. Just stuff like that was annoying.

Good Lord Joe, what is wrong about me giving my opinion of Stork?  He has a lot of negatives, I didn't like the pick, many others here and and outside of here didn't like the pick either.  The majority of reports had him going later then the Pats picked.  Mike posted a couple sources that showed differently but most had him going later then the Pats took him. 

I would give it a C or C- grade!  I believe I said so at the time too.  Please Joe, tell me what grade you give the Stork pick? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I would give it a C or C- grade!  I believe I said so at the time too.  Please Joe, tell me what grade you give the Stork pick? 

I gave it a C, but im not as negative about it as you.

here all my players Grades: Easley A, Garoppolo C+, Stork C, White B-, Fleming B, Halapio B, Thomas, B-, Moore, C, Gallon B+

I just think you focus on the negatives too much, that's all

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

here all my players Grades: Easley A, Garoppolo C+, Stork C, White B-, Fleming B, Halapio B, Thomas, B-, Moore, C, Gallon B+

Don't sell Stork short, he has a good chance of starting by the end of the season. He was the Rimington Award winner. Best center in the draft.

Garopollo would be a clone of Brady when he was drafted if he didn't run so fast.  No one picked in the second round was going to impact the third best O in the league last year that is returning everyone. Not a TE, not a RB. nor a WR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Don't sell Stork short, he has a good chance of starting by the end of the season. He was the Rimington Award winner. Best center in the draft.

Garopollo would be a clone of Brady when he was drafted if he didn't run so fast.  No one picked in the second round was going to impact the third best O in the league last year that is returning everyone. Not a TE, not a RB. nor a WR.

While I think Stork is a good pick that could beat out Wendell for the C spot, he is not the best C coming out. I would rather have Weston Richburg or Marcus Martin if we are talking best centers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So you get on me for being negative about Stork and you give him the same grade as I did!  Hahaha!!  That is freaking classic!!

What have I been negative about Joe?  A couple picks in the draft and the Pats not taking a TE.  Wow!  You are a touchy one Joe.

I think the Pats need a better TE other then Gronk. Sorry you have a problem with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Idk, man its more about the b!tchy trollish tone that came across during the draft that set me off. We honestly agree on most just I don't see TE importance highly as you but idk over the weekend you were beyond annoying on this board over that subject. 

Like, people talk about hammering their point home. You took out a freaking jackhammer and went to town over the weekend.

Like I said, we tend to agree on other fronts, like Welker, I agree there. just not this TE thing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Idk, man its more about the b!tchy trollish tone that came across during the draft that set me off. We honestly agree on most just I don't see TE importance highly as you but idk over the weekend you were beyond annoying on this board over that subject. 

Like, people talk about hammering their point home. You took out a freaking jackhammer and went to town over the weekend.

Like I said, we tend to agree on other fronts, like Welker, I agree there. just not this TE thing

A freaking jackhammer?? lmao!!  Like I said a few times already, the whole time I have been here, out of all the posts I have made, I can count on one hand the amount of times I have felt very strongly about something to where my belief is so strong that I will not budge.  This was one of those times and you decided to act defensive and ultra sensitive to my opinion.   There is a really good solution to this and that is for Gronk to remain healthy all season long!  Now wouldn't that be nice!?!? If not then I sure hope they have someone better then Hooman!

Next time I have one of these strong belief moments I will be sure to warn you to stay out of my way. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

joe tfb12 is not a pats fan bro he's a bandwagon "fan" who knows nothing about football. he will probably respond asking me if I've ever played football i won't read it till tomorrow night at 3 am and ill respond saying my individual high school stats would blow his out of the water.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

joe tfb12 is not a pats fan bro he's a bandwagon "fan" who knows nothing about football. he will probably respond asking me if I've ever played football i won't read it till tomorrow night at 3 am and ill respond saying my individual high school stats would blow his out of the water.

LMAO! You never played before and certainly not in HS.  Clearly, anyone that reads your posts can tell you haven't passed the 8th grade yet.  I think you are on the 7 year plan with 8th grade.  I have never read a football post from you.  First you post garbage about Babe and now you have moved on to me.  You are a NY Troll boy.  You live in NY, you aren't a Pats fan you are a jets fan.  Come on, admit it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

lol i literally called what ur next move was and u still used it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

TFB, pretty much agree to disagree on this one obviously. Like I said, I have agreed with you on here before, like the WW situation, not so much this one lol

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

lol i literally called what ur next move was and u still used it.

See, you can't even read.  Where did I ask if you played before?  I pretty much said you didn't, LOL @ U! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB, pretty much agree to disagree on this one obviously. Like I said, I have agreed with you on here before, like the WW situation, not so much this one lol

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

That's fine, that is what this place is all about.  People agree and people disagree.  You felt the need to complain about me because I showed a strong opinion over a position.  I didn't come on here and complain about you posting all over the forum about what you thought of the draft and certain picks.  You have more posts on the forum about the draft then I do.  Who the hell says you are correct in any of your opinions??  You could totally flop on your opinions so stop you belly aching and let me state my opinion as you do yours.  If they are negative then so be it!  I don't agree with every move made.  When I see good then I praise, when I see bad I say so... It's my opinion. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

People are unhappy with the Pats draft every year. It's rare if someone can call one of their picks...2 is a massive accomplishment.

The truth is we won't know how good or bad this draft was until 2-3 years down the road. I will take the wait and see approach, as I always do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I am all for debate and conjecture over the players drafted especially the JG pick and the spot it was made in which as an aside I wasn't to thrilled with... the bottom line is this we all have to keep in mind as an organization the Pats like every other team spend thousands of hours on this process going through each players football resumes building a draft board that is unique to them as I don't think they use a third party draft service like some other teams do.... the one thing you can say about this organization is that they are thoroughly prepared and every decision is calculated and thought through. No doubt they make mistakes just like every team does but don't mistake that with thinking they don't know what they are doing. I wanted them to take a TE at that spot or even a WR... heck I wanted them to trade up and take Deone Bucannon. Bottom line, we don't sit in on their organizational planning meetings that would allow us to understand what they think their needs are this year or 2015, 2016 and beyond. As best they can in a fluid situation they most likely try and structure contract dollars and the lengths of the contracts by position so they have the ability to re-load in the draft without losing continuity at any particular position. Does it always work out? of course not. Just like with other teams... injury, off field issues, performance and other factors through a monkey wrench in those plans.

The picks are made and the success of this draft can not be measured for a few years. Just my 2 cents.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Great post, and I agree about the JG pick. I wasn't very thrilled with it either. I understand it but hoped we would go for a guy who could compete for a starting position right away. JG is a few years away from that...hopefully!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The JG pick shows again that BB picks to (1) build the best TEAM from top to bottom (2) that he values depth (3) that he values being prepared for any contingency including your starting QB getting hurt (4) that he wants a team that will compete for a SB EVERY year (5) that panicking that TB has only so many years left and so we should mortgage the future has been a hallmark of such SB winners over the last 15 years as Washington and the Jets, not the Pats.

Sections
Shortcuts