WHY ARE THE PAT'S BEING DISRESPECTED BY EVERYONE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

WHY ARE THE PAT'S BEING DISRESPECTED BY EVERYONE?

The Patriots have beat down the Jets, Steelers and Ravens; and we are still not getting the respect we deserve. The Brown's game was a wake game for us. I have not seen the fire in Brady's eyes in a long time. I think the hardest game we have left on the schedule will be the Packers. I'm sick of this, real Patriots please voice your opinion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: WHY ARE THE PAT'S BEING DISRESPECTED BY EVERYONE?

It's Boston. We'll never get the benefit of the doubt. Luckily, there's a way to take it on the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

In Response to Re: WHY ARE THE PAT'S BEING DISRESPECTED BY EVERYONE?:
    [QUOTE]Everyone is a broad statement my friend. Not everyone is disrespecting the Pats I have seen a lot of people saying the Pats are the best in the NFL so calm down boys we get plenty of respect and even if we didnt i dont want it, i want to fly under the radar so who cares? And also who gets to decide who is a "real" pats fan and who is not? You?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

And also who gets to decide who is a "real" pats fan and who is not? You?

Dude this refers to Pat fans that love the team whether they win or lose. You now what I was referring too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Who is disrespecting the Pats?  Every power ranking has them either 1 or 2. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to WHY ARE THE PAT'S BEING DISRESPECTED BY EVERYONE?:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots have beat down the Jets, Steelers and Ravens; and we are still not getting the respect we deserve. The Brown's game was a wake game for us. I have not seen the fire in Brady's eyes in a long time. I think the hardest game we have left on the schedule will be the Packers. I'm sick of this, real Patriots please voice your opinion.
    Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]

People were disrespecting the Pats. But, after the Monday night beat-down, not anymore.

The better question is, "Why is everybody disrespecting the Bears?" After all, they are 9-3, are playing at home, have one of the best defenses in the league, and have a balanced offense. They've beaten some good teams (Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Miami). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WHY ARE THE PAT'S BEING DISRESPECTED BY EVERYONE? :      People were disrespecting the Pats. But, after the Monday night beat-down, not anymore.      The better question is, "Why is everybody disrespecting the Bears?" After all, they are 9-3, are playing at home, have one of the best defenses in the league, and have a balanced offense. They've beaten some good teams (Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Miami). 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I think we can get to Cutler and turn him to the INT king again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Cutler has seemed to settle down a bit.  The top thing is the offensive coordinator has changed things drastically.  Cutler's passes are low risk and more attention has been given to the running game.  Not to say that he won't turnover the ball to us from time to time but he isn't the turnover machine that he was last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

To be truthful, they didn't exactly "beat down" the Ravens. They had to force OT to win it. Still, a win is a win. It will surely help if both teams win their divisions with identical records! But I know what you're talking about. The media still isn't "jumping on the NE bandwagon" yet. So freaking what? All the more room for us! Let them go on sucking up to the Jests! With Pittsburgh and Chicago still on their schedule they may not even make the WC! They have always been OK with being under the radar. Don't think of it as disrespect when the media downplays our team...think of it as ignorance!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots have beat down the Jets, Steelers and Ravens; and we are still not getting the respect we deserve. The Brown's game was a wake game for us. I have not seen the fire in Brady's eyes in a long time. I think the hardest game we have left on the schedule will be the Packers. I'm sick of this, real Patriots please voice your opinion.
    Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]
    Personally, I really do not care what fans and media, mostly outside of NE, opine about the Patriots.  It is their opinion and they are entitled to it.  It is nice to hear good things about your favorite team, I know, but, is it disrespecting the Pats if they are not fawning all over the team constantly?

For example...  most commentators when speaking about the Patriots still have reservations about the defense.  They have no such reservations about the offense and if all it took was a good offense to win games, the Pats would be, hands down, considered the "current" best team in the NFL.  Look at the results of the Steelers and Colts game.  In the 4th quarter the D gave up all sorts of yards and scores while the O slowed down.  If the games were to have lasted another 10 minutes of so, could they have lost?  That is why the Jets game was so "out of character", so as to speak, for the defense given how we have seen them play in the 4th of recent games.  It played a FULL 60 minutes and did not give up some soft yards and points.   Could they do that against more powerful offenses upcoming like GB?  The Bears, we shall see.

By the way, how would you like to be a Jets fan right now, that team is being POUNDED by the pundits!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by FLY2K[/QUOTE]

You must be kidding.  Everyone is moving the Pats up, everyone is saying Brady is the MVP, its ridiculous how bend over they have all gotten.  Makes me a bit ill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats are 2nd in the NFL in INT's so yea I think Cutler will throw a pick or two.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

That could happen if the Pats can shut down Forte and the Bears'  running game...and get off to an early lead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The hardest remaining game of the season is the Bears, because it's an away game.

The Patriots have always lost just a bit of respect for the entire decade because media people love stats.  BB likes wins and hates stats.  His defense in terms of yards given up crawled from #32 in the NFL to #31 with a 45-3 cliffhanger over the Jets.  Let me rephrase that -- the Jets got tossed off a cliff, either Cliffwalk in Newport or Purgatory Chasm. 

Second, media people love stars.  Notice how a circus geek who renamed himself OchoCinco can get his own TV commercial, while someone like Tom Brady is seriously underutilized by the ad agencies.  Worse, half the guys on the team are no-names and/or rookies who came from Podunk, with not even a Tim Tebow on board.  The media also follow whoever has the most bling but the Patriots as a team are kind of dull.  BB would much rather have a 20 play drive ending in a touchdown than a 60 yard bomb to Ochocinco.  He'd also rather have a good team defense than a dancing sack master.

BB would also rather have a defense that often gives up 50 yards from the opponent's 10 to the Patriots' 40, compared to letting them get into field goal range or into the endzone.  This produces squishy-looking defenses where everyone on the field can see how soft the Patriots are, until it comes to scoring any points against them.  Only 17 teams have given up fewer points.  However, just looking at the points allowed fails to count the Patriots' +14 interceptions grabbed versus lost, so maybe they're not such a bad defense after all.  This defense feeds the offense with short fields and occasionally with TDs.  Also notably missing, I see only four fumbles by the team all year.  Boring.

Next, media people hate dynasties.  Either the dynasty is old, let the new blood win, or, now the team is just a bunch of rookies, good luck with that.

I've been suggesting Patriots 20, Media 17 occasionally this year.  Yes they're getting disrespected a bit, even after kicking their rival through the goalposts on Monday Night Football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's more the national media than the local stuff.  Lots of coverts and/or believers in the Boston media right now. But nationally, the Pats are still #2 on some power rankings, behind Atlanta. 

There's no way Atlanta is a better team. If NE ends up in the big game against the Falcons, we should be so lucky.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]It's more the national media than the local stuff.  Lots of coverts and/or believers in the Boston media right now. But nationally, the Pats are still #2 on some power rankings, behind Atlanta.  There's no way Atlanta is a better team. If NE ends up in the big game against the Falcons, we should be so lucky.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    Let the Pats stay #2 in the power polls because it does not translate to the field.  All opinions, right?  Their play on the field counts most until the end in February.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

To fly2k- again- the word disrepect, is a NOUN- not a verb.
    Who is "everyone" ? As a Patriot fan, 6-7 years, after giving up an Mara's
    Giants, a fan for 40+, this was, by far, the best game of theirs, I've ever seen.
    All last week, the media was pumping this as the best game this season- between perhaps, the best 2 teams in the NFL. So that being the case, #1 beat #2, 45-3, nor just, but a slaughter. A realistic stat- Patroits have scored 40+ points in last 4 games, with no ints- and is, one of the youngest teams in the league.  Have to admit it, I predicted they would win 5-8 games this season. It proves how little I really know about football. Last, BB can never, ever get enough compliments for all his footblall abilities, knowledge  and success.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No doubt, Bill.  I just scratch my head at it all sometimes. 

This Pats team has lately been playing like it's got a secret...it's weird just how good they looked against the Jets.  I suspect they're going to go into Chicago and dominate another one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt, Bill.  I just scratch my head at it all sometimes.  This Pats team has lately been playing like it's got a secret...it's weird just how good they looked against the Jets.  I suspect they're going to go into Chicago and dominate another one.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    All week long we will hear about the Bears D this and the Bears D that..  just like we heard leading up to the Jets game.  Even when you listen to pundits about their power rankings they point to the Pats D as not making the team worthy of #1, but the Falcons?  Anyway, I digressed...  the Pats, like we will hear from many Bears fans about them, play up to their competition and the Bears, as good as their D is, and I am not discounting how good, have not faced this humming Pats O machine.  Go to the Chicago Tribune site and read some of the articles being posted.. they think the Pats are ripe for a defeat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

becasue they all can see Dynasty Part 2 is rising

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Pats are starting to play well.  Hopefully they are hitting their stride now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WHY ARE THE PAT'S BEING DISRESPECTED BY EVERYONE? :      People were disrespecting the Pats. But, after the Monday night beat-down, not anymore.      The better question is, "Why is everybody disrespecting the Bears?" After all, they are 9-3, are playing at home, have one of the best defenses in the league, and have a balanced offense. They've beaten some good teams (Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Miami). 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]\

TP - I agree, the Bears are playing at home and they have one of the best defenses in the league, in fact, I just did a search and here are some of the best through this weekend, based on scoring defense( the most relevant in my opinion, although the yards allowed stat was more impressive for the Pats)  - here are the Pats opponents this year on the list and the Pats result against them

Number 2 Scoring defense - Steelers ( Pats crushed them on the road)
    Numner 3 Scoring defense - Bears
    Number 4 Scoring Defense - Ravens ( Pats come back from 10 down to tie, beat in OT at home first week after Moss trade)
    Number 6 Scoring defense - Jets ( 1st game loss after terrible 2nd half that featured a ridiculous over-emphasis on Moss, this last was one of the epic beatdowns in NFL memory)

After a week 2 loss, the Pats have run off 3 wins ( the last 2 in very impressive fashion) against 2 of the top six D's the NFL has to offer

TP - without taking anything away from the Bears D - are you really thinking that any D will stop the Pats O right now( Don't come back with the Browns game, the Pats stunk in that one, but mostly on D) - the teams that scare me for the Pats are the teams that can score the ball with consistency- the Bears haven't shown that they are one of the of those teams

Your thoughts?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Did you see the ESPN crew's pre game picks?  Everyone took the Pats except 2.  I think it was Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe that went against us.  Steve Young, Ditka, Boomer, etc all went Pats.  I think the doubters are based on our defensive rankings.  There is so much more to the game then how many yards give up or get.  Turn-overs, penalties, coaching, game management etc, we excel at.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]To fly2k- again- the word disrepect, is a NOUN- not a verb. Who is "everyone" ? As a Patriot fan, 6-7 years, after giving up an Mara's Giants, a fan for 40+, this was, by far, the best game of theirs, I've ever seen. All last week, the media was pumping this as the best game this season- between perhaps, the best 2 teams in the NFL. So that being the case, #1 beat #2, 45-3, nor just, but a slaughter. A realistic stat- Patroits have scored 40+ points in last 4 games, with no ints- and is, one of the youngest teams in the league.  Have to admit it, I predicted they would win 5-8 games this season. It proves how little I really know about football. Last, BB can never, ever get enough compliments for all his footblall abilities, knowledge  and success.
    Posted by jaycee1m[/QUOTE]

Dude this is not English class! Really

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]To be truthful, they didn't exactly "beat down" the Ravens. They had to force OT to win it. Still, a win is a win. It will surely help if both teams win their divisions with identical records! But I know what you're talking about. The media still isn't "jumping on the NE bandwagon" yet. So freaking what? All the more room for us! Let them go on sucking up to the Jests! With Pittsburgh and Chicago still on their schedule they may not even make the WC! They have always been OK with being under the radar. Don't think of it as disrespect when the media downplays our team...think of it as ignorance!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Plus, with just about every team still in contention for a division title, you won't see any Colt "roll overs" this time around (both the Bears and Squeelers are fighting it out for their divisions). Well, except for the Fish and Bills, who are already out of it. But, then again, they are division rivals who probably want to go out there and make the JESTS!@ day just plain miserable. 

I was soooo looking forward to watching the Pats/Bears from the comfort of my living room, with my grill fired up and the beers iced down. But, the league moved the start time to 4:15 EST, which happens to be the start time for that MONUMENTAL and TITANIC struggle between the Brokebacks and the Freakin' underachieving/pathetic Cardinals; game to be played in Arizona. Seeing how it's the "home" game, no other game gets broadcast here as long as the home team sells out. I believe both of the admitted Brokeback fans bought the few remaining tickets, so, it's off to the cantina for me. Watch for the brown paper bags as hats during "highlights"; and I use this term very lightly. (I'm sure these fans bought the tix in the same way we all get curious when it comes to auto accidents, bad horror ficks, and train wrecks.)  I know the Cardinals would definitely be interested in Favre if he decides to un-retire yet AGAIN. Hell! Even the Panthers have a QB! 

Enjoy the game!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

People...

I am starting to believe that half of these discussions are built on false pretentious observations.

1. Who are these vast majority of people?  Are they saying the Buffalo Bills are better than the Pats? Maybe Jacksonville??  I'm not sure what this statement of disrespect encompasses.  I see a lot of respect this week!! What more do you want?  There are 31 other teams in the NFL.  The media can't focus on the Patriots 24/7.  Be real.

2. For a group of loving fans, a certain segment of you hate the media for some sort of bias but yet you are looking for "respect" from the SAME media every week.  Seems to me, you aren't really looking for respect, you are hoping for more of the same.  I for one love the Pats and no one in this world is going to make me upset  if 99% of the populous is saying they aren't favored.  I root for them every week. I have for 30 years.  Good times and bad. 

3. Can't you just enjoy the team without a sense of gloating against the other guy?  Furthermore, can't fans of other teams be just as crazy for their teams as we are for the Pats?  Why must we constantly try to dominate them with opinions?  I think its a giant waste of time.  Anyway...

Chicago is a good test for a young team after a big win.  Can they stay focused.  The Bears are a wonder team. Can be world beaters one week and look like they can't beat a high school team the next.  Its not just Cutler, either. They've been like this under Lovie Smith.  Weird team. kind of scares me on the road.  I'll take a getaway win this week.  10-2 has never felt so fragile. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt, Bill.  I just scratch my head at it all sometimes.  This Pats team has lately been playing like it's got a secret...it's weird just how good they looked against the Jets.  I suspect they're going to go into Chicago and dominate another one.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

You know, I had this same exact thought. 

When I read the transcript of BB's press conference yesterday, how he went on and on praising the Bears, naming nearly their entire roster by name and position, lauding each one, i couldn't help imagining him with a cheshire cat grin on his face. I get the sense, like I did before the Jets game, they have found some previously hidden weaknesses to exploit. Maybe its just all in my head... 

I saw the Bears play earlier this year, and their defense was fierce - I think its a lot better than the Jets (D line and LBs anyway), so I don't imagine we'll see a ton of scoring. But I am not a Cutler believer, so I think the D matches up well against the Bears offense, even with Forte.

Sections
Shortcuts