Why are we stalling on Carter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Why are we stalling on Carter?

In Response to Re: Why are we stalling on Carter?:
    In Response to Why are we stalling on Carter? : Because for some reason the Patriots have adopted the "moneyball" approach to their defense. Only seem to want to sign rejects and bargain basement rubbish from other teams on defense. Ultimately it has cost them at least 2 additional championships so far.
    Posted by Brad34

Certainly it was those 'rejects' and 'rubbish' that caused the safety and missed and dropped passes. Typical pink helmet view

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Because they can. Despite what his agent might say, until other teams start calling him in for a physical it's a non-starter. Carter's free agency will take time (and healing) to develop. 

NE can hang around a bit on that move. 

I, for one, would like to see him back. Dude played incredibly hard. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I hope he's phyically able to come back. Once he started to feel comfortable he was a monster.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Da mn just Da mn !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's not a game changer and he's old with a bad injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Why are we stalling on Carter?":
    He's not a game changer and he's old with a bad injury. Posted by tcal2-
    Maybe not a "game changer" , but a difference maker. A guy that needs to be accounted for on almost every play. Is he Peppers or Ware , of course not. Again though , he's a guy that the opposing D has to plan for. Combine that with the fact that he's one of our only pass rushers , I think we need him back. Obviously barring he's healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Not a game changer , but a difference maker. A guy who has to be accounted for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Its going to take some time I would think, several months to heal and then to rehab. At his age the healing can be a little slower. He's a good guy and seems dedicated which will be a plus in his recovery process. Once he's ready the Patriots will offer him a deal, he likes being here and had one of his best seasons playing for Belichick. Carters a guy that they want on the field and in the locker room. he will be back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Andre Carter - DL - Patriots The Boston Herald reports free agent DE Andre Carter is still "limping heavily" after his mid-December quadriceps tear. This would explain why Carter has yet to so much as line up a visit since the beginning of free agency. Carter was in New England for a visit with Patriots' team doctors on Saturday, but isn't close to working out for interested teams. Coming off a 10-sack season, Carter will draw decent interest once he's healthy, but that might not be for another 1-2 months.
    Posted by ricky12684

I hate to say it, but this may actually be good news for us - the fact that he's not ready to show his stuff for teams because he's not ready. The truth is he's a solid player who had a very productive season, but in reality he is older and had 3 sacks in one game. He's solid as a pass rusher and not a liability in the run game...a guy you would want at a reasonable cost (which I think we'll get him for).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Against the Jets, in NJ, in the game that was supposed to be the one where the Jets took over in AFC east, Carter came up HUGE. He was a "game changer" in perhaps the biggest regular season game of the year. You could make the case that he was the defensive MVP up to the point where he got hurt. I think he could have been a difference maker in the SB, he's a guy who could single handedly force a three and out. Don't know enough to comment on his chances of coming back from this injury, but if there's a decent chance that he can get back to 100% or close to it, I hope they sign him up. When Carter was on, he was a beast IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

thye ar talking about chaning the IR rules
    that is you are not out for the yrear - just 6 weeks plus

it could make adifence for carter
    don't put him on the original rostr but after

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Why are we stalling on Carter? : Always depends on severity.  I could have sworn I read an article lately that said he was ahead of schedule. Edit: Yep. Here you go: Carter's agent says veteran ahead of schedule with rehab Print | Comments ( 4 ) Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff   February 24, 2012 03:02 PM 0   1   ShareThis 2 E-mail Earlier today, Carl Poston, the agent for soon-to-be free agent Andre Carter, talked about Carter's recovery from a torn left quadriceps and the possibility of the defensive end returning to the Patriots for a second season. Poston said Carter "absolutely - no doubt about it" wants to play again in 2012. In his first season with the Pats, the 11-year vet registered 52 tackles and 10 sacks in 14-plus games before suffering his season-ending injury in the first half in Denver. "He’s in good shape. He’s in good shape," Poston said. "He’s ahead on his rehab; that’s not the kind of injury – it’s not like a lower back or a knee, (where) he’s not going to be able to come back. He’ll come back 100 percent, matter of fact, he might come back stronger." Poston confirmed that Carter, who was previously with the Redskins and 49ers, enjoyed his time with the Patriots. "It’s a quality organization, it’s a quality team, every player wants to win the Super Bowl ring, every player wants to go to the Pro Bowl if they can, this was his opportunity to do it and he did well," Poston said. "And there’s no reason (not) to try to do it again. We’ve just got to cross the 'Ts' and dot the 'Is' and we can come to an agreement on something and hope its agreeable to both sides and go from there." So has he been talking contract with New England? "Not really. We’re just monitoring and tracking the injury and when it’s time to talk they’re going to let me know," Poston said. "I just called them to see what their plans were, whether they were interested, and I would have been surprised if they said they weren’t interested and obviously they said they were interested but it’s a little premature, a little early, and I understood that. I just, in terms of being professional and doing my job, I just want to call them and see where we stood."
    Posted by BassFishing

Thanks for the info but personally, I don't take an agents assurances on his client's health seriously. Everything is upbeat and positive; he's in good shape, absolutely, postively wants to play again, he'll be back at 100% (or more!), etc etc.

Sounds like a guy in a plaid sportcoat trying to sell you a 10 year old car.

I hope out works out with Carter, he was a nice player but I'm putting my hopes for a pass rush on BB finally signing some freaking young pass rushers in this draft! (Just like I've been doing for the past three years).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

He can not even walk right now, time is not the enemy with him right now.  Anyone else who signs him is gonna want to see he work out first.  The pats will also get a reading from these workouts.  Be patient.  As for signing rubbish, the rest of teams wish they could sign rubbish and have the success.  The mid teir approach allows for depth.  Example Carter goes down the pats still have success, mario williams goes down in buff land the ceilling will be falling in.  Buying in free agency does not make you a contender.  Redskins, Raiders and Cowboys are examples.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

veteran min contract in June...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Quad is a huge, complex muscle that will take time to heal and rehab.  Until Carter shows he has value as a player no one, Pats included, will show much interest in him.  Cold? Yep, but that's way it is. 

I think the guy was terrific and made a difference for the Pats and would love to see him return. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think Carter will be back.  Maybe end up in the PUP list for the first 6 weeks to rehab.

Sections
Shortcuts