Why Belichick and Saban are Friends!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Why Belichick and Saban are Friends!

They both play conservative in the second half....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Why Belichick and Saban are Friends!

And win championships......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

True but I'm not even a 'Bama fan and it irks the hell out of me how conservative Alabama's playing. Obviously, I know what that's like being a Patriots fan this year. Watching leads and momentum slowly.........erode........in the final 30 minutes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

At least Alabama can score a TD when they need it, unlike the Patriots this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pretty or not, a win is a win is a win........

I blame this years second half collapses on a lack of execution, quetionable play calling and the need for a talented OC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Why are you guys supporting the BCS by giving them your viewership?

The only game I watched was TCU-Boise State so that they'd know I'd be willing to watch them if the BCS ever lets them play for a championship.

Until there's a playoff system, I refuse to watch college football.  I'm boycotting and if you really want a playoff you should too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

NickC, I'm with you. This is the first game I've watched all year, which I know is eh. I personally despise college football and it's all attributed to four spine-chilling words: Tim Tebow Jump Pass.

Real football is on Sunday. Throw a jump pass on Sunday and get drilled.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We do realize that BB's tendency to let teams catch up in the 2nd half goes way back to his Giants days right?  A lot of us have been talking on this board about our 2nd half woes as if it's kind of new.  It's not.  Granted, it's gone into overdrive this year, but this year is hardly the only year.  This is the #1 reason why I say that the Patriots should not be watched by people with heart conditions.  I remember having a bet with a friend for the 2006 AFC Championship game.  When we were blowing out the Colts he called to admit he lost the bet.  I told him to not be so hasty, because the Pats often find a way to just barely win, no matter the lead.  Of course, lately it's become "barely lost" instead.

BB is the best coach in the NFL.  This tendency to go conservative rather early is just something we have to live with.  In fact, we've been living with it all along...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There's too much money tied up in the current system -- that rewards the big dogs and ignores the mid-majors (but would include the only major independent if if didn't s*ck so bad) -- for there to ever be a playoff system, unless said system includes all the current players in the bowl process. BCS PR guys will tell you that we can't have "students" playing every week straight through New Years, and there is some truth to that. But at this level you can bet your boots and mittens that it's all about the money -- and I don't mean about spreading it around, either. I wouldn't really want a playoff system anyway. A playoff system would make the college game look too much like an NFL feeder league (which it both is and isn't at the same time). I liked the old days better, when the national championship was a mythical thing -- like a leprechaun, or a unicorn -- there were fewer bowls and they tended to be set up as rivalry games whenever possible. That way, even after all the bowls were over, you could still argue about who the real fake champion was.

All that said, when the convoluted system that doesn't make any sense lucks out and gives you an undefeated team from the SEC, it's hard to argue that some other team deserved it more. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I am sure the major conferences have asked themselves over the years, can we create our own basketball bowl system and take all of that money, too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Guess I'm haven't been a big follower of college football for awhile. Mainly because the non-conference scheduling has been pretty abysmal. There use to be a lot more big games back in the 80's when you had a bunch of independents. Nowadays you get Florida vs Chattanoga and geeze who's going to win that game. Two things if they changed I'd consider watching college football again:

1. Playoffs system (All the other divisions do it why can't D-1), plus you can still keep some bowl games for non-playoff participants.

2. Better non-confernce scheduling. A BCS conference needs to play at least 2 of it's games against other BCS conferences, then one game against a Non-BCS conference team, and one game can be a gimme against anyone. Then non-BSC  conferences schools that can participate in the BSC need to schedule at least 1 game against a BCS school and 2 games against non-BSC schools that can qualify BCS game, then one gimmie. (Then with the replacement of BSC with a playoff, whatever alias they give to the top-conference then second tier gets put in for BSC).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I thought you were going to say that Saban cheats too...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Jules, your old coach was a preacher who inherited Geyton Manning.

Your new coach is the hood's version of Wade Phillips.

Come again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

And we may now officially christen 2010 "arrived."

Killa has dropped his first mom joke.

And the crowd goes wild!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

It won't be official until the first not joke.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

That is a very good point, harley.

I sit corrected.

Sections
Shortcuts