Why Brandon Lloyd Will Fail With The New England Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Why Brandon Lloyd Will Fail With The New England Patriots

I didn't read the article and I agree with those who are taking a wait-and-see attitude, but I will take this opportunity to reiterate something I said in an earlier Brandon Lloyd thread:

There's a reason this guy keeps bouncing from team to team and was available to the Pats for relative peanuts in an off-season that has seen more than one wide receiver wildly overpaid. I'm not saying I know what that reason is, but you can bet your boots and mittens there is one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Why Brandon Lloyd Will Fail With The New England Patriots:
    I didn't read the article and I agree with those who are taking a wait-and-see attitude, but I will take this opportunity to reiterate something I said in an earlier Brandon Lloyd thread: There's a reason this guy keeps bouncing from team to team and was available to the Pats for relative peanuts in an off-season that has seen more than one wide receiver wildly overpaid. I'm not saying I know what that reason is, but you can bet your boots and mittens there is one.
    Posted by p-mike

The guy has had maturity issues in the past. But, he's 31 years old now...and likely took less money from the Pats, than he could have received elsewhere.

Pierre Garcon is 26, and Vincent Jackson is a 29 year old deep threat. As usual, Danny Snyder grossly over paid for Garcon. Tampa Bay had tons of cap space. So, they weren't really concerned about paying Jackson a ton of money. What Lloyd got is on parr with what 33 year old Reggie Wayne got from the Colts. 

Sure...there are some concerns:
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/09/brandon_lloyd_truth_and
    _fictio.html

But, that was in Washington. This kid was voted the 58th best player in the NFL last year. There must be something to that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I dare say that most of us haven't seen much of Lloyd in action. Here's a highlight video (you may want to turn down the sound, so that you won't be bothered by the annoying background music): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q31BRc3RgyE

Sections
Shortcuts