Why did offense struggle

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Why did offense struggle

Montana had a noodle arm also and it did not seem to bother the 49ers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Ultimately, the whole team is not playing their best football despite that. This is first place team and with the Ravens injuries they still have a decent shot at getting a bye. The AFC is awful. I mean bad. It is like the 80's all over again when the top probably 4 of the top 5 and 7 of the top ten teams in the NFL are in the NFC.

That said, the Patriots have a good of a shot of making the Super Bowl as they did last year. They may not be any better, but with the expection of the Texans the AFC is worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Don't think Hernandez and Gronk are 100% healthy. They are playing through some hurt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't think Hernandez and Gronk are 100% healthy. They are playing through some hurt.

[/QUOTE]

If they were seriously hurt, they would not be playing in the regular season. If they are injured to the point where it is costing or coming close to costing the team games, why have them out there?

We are several games into an NFL season. I think the majority of the NFL is playing through some hurt right now...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lloyd is wretched - so they are playing 10 versus 11.

And Brady has not played well all season.

Play calling stinks too

[/QUOTE]

Brady has 12 TD and 3 INT with more than 2000 yds passing and he has not played well all season. What are your standards for playing well?

[/QUOTE]

Their standard is whatever it takes for Brady to make up for every shortcoming on the team. It's called not having a clue what this game is about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'de say it's 40 % play calling ,20% Brady not playing his best football, 15% running is not consistent ,  15% on the WR's.

10% the o-line when push comes to shove doesn't protect Brady enough

The good news the play calling and Brady could get better.

[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up on Brady getting much better than he was today. His 2 TDs and no picks extrapolated out to a career average would pretty much be that of one of the greatest QBs of all-time. Expecting a lot more than that is a recipe for disappointment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great defense still beats great offense in the NFL. That is what happened to the Pats last week in Seattle. 

Fortunately for the Patriots, mediocre defense beats bad offense, so their D was able to stop the Jets when they really needed it.

[/QUOTE]

Mediocre defense? LOL Then you must consider the Browns and Chiefs mediocre teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The running game would be better if we made Ridley the feature back instead of running him off the field every other play. How is he supposed to get a rythm going if he's sidelined every other play? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lloyd is wretched - so they are playing 10 versus 11.

And Brady has not played well all season.

Play calling stinks too

[/QUOTE]

Brady has 12 TD and 3 INT with more than 2000 yds passing and he has not played well all season. What are your standards for playing well?

[/QUOTE]

Scoring points? 7 in the first half yesterday. 1 for 6 in the red zone the week before. We would have lost yesterday had Cromartie not dropped a terrible Brady throw.

This isn't fantasy football. Piling up yardage stats is worthless unless it translates to points.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LJB064. Show LJB064's posts

I  agree with you Glen.  Situational football is what counts.   We don't need Dan Marino - all stats and no rings.

I'm particulatly ticked off about our now almost constant inability to get a foolish first down in clutch situations.  We used to laugh when we were behinfd by 6 and Tom got the ball with 48 seconds left.

Nowadays, even being ahead at the start of the fourth quarter is just a perscription for fifteen minutes of torture.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

Gafney is better than Lloyd.

[/QUOTE]

Oh really?  How many catches does Gafney have in Miami this year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

They have had this probelm for several years.  There offense is like a high end auto engine.  When finally tuned, its a thing of beauty but if just one thing is ever so slightly off, the whole thing breaks down. 

If this team gets no yards on first down, its 3 and out.

If this team gets a penalty on first down, its 3 and out.

If Josh McDaniels calls a play, its 3 and out.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I'm certainly glad they won yesterday.
    My main concern is that they have to put up around 30 a game in order to have a shot at winning.
    While I wouldn't mind seing the offense really start firing on all cylinders and really pile up some points, I think what I'd rather see right now is them actually win a low-scoring defensive battle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gafney is better than Lloyd.

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd 35/65, 1 TD.  Yesterday,  1 of 8 for 6yrds and at least 3 were drops
    Oh really?  How many catches does Gafney have in Miami this year?

[/QUOTE]